• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nedalezz

Loved the road geek update :)

The interchanges look great, and your choice of trees adds alot of character to it.

Pat

OK for some strange reason I had today as my 3 yrs stuck in my mind lol but in fact it was the 13 lol... But so anywho to go along with what I had planned for my 3 yr celebration I present to you a lake ;-)  Yea I know its nothing special but to me it is indeed and I hope I still got that touch....

Enjoy!!

Finally a overview of the lake...

I want to take this time to thank everyone who has supported me threw out the three years of running Waterfalls... I had hoped to never go to the inactive section but it happend twice to me eekkks... Anyways I look forward to the next year and all your wonderful support to keep me going thank you and here is to you all......

St. Patrick's Day is celebrated by the Irish and Irish at Heart in big cities and small towns alike with parades, "wearing of the green," music and songs, Irish food and drink, and activities for kids such as crafts, coloring and games. Its a time for fun. Some communities even go so far as to dye rivers or streams green! See all the Parades & Events going on around the World to celebrate St Patricks Day 2010 and find your nearest Irish Pub!

So you know about the green river in Chicago IL well if not this it folks,

Speaking of green did you know that the White House dyes it fountain as well?

OK so here is some other factoids about St Patrick's Day............

Little is known of Patrick's early life, though it is known that he was born in Roman Britain in the fifth century, into a wealthy Romano-British family. His father and grandfather were deacons in the Church. At the age of sixteen, he was kidnapped by Irish raiders and taken captive to Ireland as a slave.[1] It is believed he was held somewhere on the west coast of Ireland, possibly Mayo, but the exact location is unknown. According to his Confession, he was told by God in a dream to flee from captivity to the coast, where he would board a ship and return to Britain. Upon returning, he quickly joined the Church in Auxerre in Gaul and studied to be a priest.

In 432, he again says that he was called back to Ireland, though as a bishop, to save the Irish, and indeed he was successful at this, focusing on converting royalty and aristocracy as well as the poor. Irish folklore tells that one of his teaching methods included using the shamrock to explain the Holy Trinity (the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit) to the Irish people. After nearly thirty years of teaching and spreading God's Word he died on 17 March, 461 AD, and was buried at Downpatrick, so tradition says. Although there were other more successful missions to Ireland from Rome, Patrick endured as the principal champion of Irish Christianity and is held in esteem in the Irish Church.

Wearing of green

According to legend, Saint Patrick used the shamrock, a three-leaved plant, to explain the Holy Trinity to the pre-Christian Irish people.

Originally the colour associated with Saint Patrick was blue. However, over the years the colour green and its association with Saint Patrick's day grew. Green ribbons and shamrocks were worn in celebration of St Patrick's Day as early as the 17th century. He is said to have used the shamrock, a three-leaved plant, to explain the Holy Trinity to the pre-Christian Irish, and the wearing and display of shamrocks and shamrock-inspired designs have become a ubiquitous feature of the day. Then in the 1798 rebellion in hopes of making a political statement Irish soldiers wore full green uniforms on 17 March in hopes of catching attention with their unusual fashion gimmick. The phrase "the wearing of the green", meaning to wear a shamrock on one's clothing, derives from the song of the same name.

OK so that is it for info on myself the saint err I mean St Patrick lol.... If you want to read up more on St Pat check here on Wiki....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rooker1

Happy St Patrick's day Pat.
Great update and very nice piece of history.
I know I'll be having some green beer tonight. ;)
I hope you are doing well now and I look forward to following your MD the rest of the year.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Battlecat

Fantastic job on that pond, I like the rocky shoreline details!

cubby420

Happy St. Patty's day...Pat!

I am in Chicago right now and heading out to enjoy a pint or two before I get down to work today. And then maybe a couple after as well...Who cares if its a weekday? Its St. Patrick's Day!!!

Oh and judging by that (totally not green) lake...you indeed do still have the touch.

kimcar

Happy St-Patrick my friend . Great to see an update from you . Great lake . Have fun :thumbsup:

canyonjumper

Great lake Pat! You've still got the touch!

Happy Saint Patricks Day!

Your friend,
                        Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Jmouse

Good job on the lake, Pat, and the island in the middle looks great. I wonder how we ever got along without TPW - guess we just had to do without scenic lakes!

Sad to say I had almost forgotten your habit of digging up interesting facts about the various holidays and posting them in a Waterfalls update. So your St. Patrick's Day presentation brought back a flood of pleasant memories. Thank you for reminding me! :)

Later...
Joan

bat

Pat

Hey all thank you much for the great words of encouragement here and sorry been slacking a bit... I can honestly blame schooling this time as this year is the year I have to do my refresher for First Responder... But I will be done with class here next week yay!!! So more updates again from me!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threestooges

Looking forward to it Pat, and since it seems I didn't comment on the last one (thought I did), thanks for the info on St. Patrick's Day. Your shorelines are also getting much better. Great use of the flora props to feather in the edges.
-Matt

kimcar

No problem Pat . Thanks for giving news. We now that tou have a RL too. Did you? :D

rooker1

Great to hear from you again Pat and I look forward to your next update.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

canyonjumper

Awaiting your next update, and looking forward to it ;D

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

ecoba

Hope that you can get your update up soon, Pat. I know that it will be great.  :)

Ethan

cubby420

"In the pipes" is 1 gajillion better than no updates at all! I can't wait to see whatever you have working through the plumbing these days Pat...

Jmouse

Glad to hear school is the reason for delay this time. - not health issues! ;) Looking forward to seeing the new update soon.

Later...
Joan

Pat

a wee posting from the STHL front as im actually doing fairly well there ;-) Looks like canuck might be upset in a loss this year for the stanly cup lol... Im without my computer atm so much is going on from health to school to now personal issues, if some of you are my friends on FB you've seen whats been going on but I should be having my computer back and running soon so just keep me in your prayers or thoughts please  ;)  I truly miss you all!!!

Patrick

RebaLynnTS

Hi Pat, long time no see.

You can find me on Facebook at RebeccaLYnn1960
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Pat

Thank you Becca will do and you should see that request now ;-)