• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AC Aircraft

Started by Voltaire, March 09, 2009, 08:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxosha

OMG... this A380 from QANTAS is gorgeous &apls

sad for Adrian... I believe that he was a good friend to you and a good guy

Cyclone1001

I typically hate Airbus planes, the A380 especially, but that is beautiful. Excuse me while I change my pants.

GMT

I don't like airbus either, the A380 is pure megalomania but definitely worth seeing (been up close and personal with one of Emirates' 380s)...
anyways this model is very well done work, looks gorgeous.
there's one problem tho: its not a 747  :P

... really, it is. I swear.

ArthurBaz

Hi All,

I'm new here, my name is Arthur Baz and i'm brasilian.

Anyone know when the Aircraft requests topic will be reopened?

RG59061

Quote from: ArthurBaz on August 20, 2011, 03:50:33 PM
   Hi All,

The Aircraft Request Thread is opened when there is a new project that has been prepared, tested, and is developed to a point when the team can accommodate and work with requests from users like yourself.

As of the current moment however, we are still cleaning out and working on requests from our existing projects...as a result, the request thread will be closed out until that back log is cleared out and both Voltaire and the team is available. I apologize that we can't give a more finite estimate, but thank you for your interest.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

slimboj

Quote from: RG59061 on August 21, 2011, 09:24:55 AM
Quote from: ArthurBaz on August 20, 2011, 03:50:33 PM
   Hi All,

The Aircraft Request Thread is opened when there is a new project that has been prepared, tested, and is developed to a point when the team can accommodate and work with requests from users like yourself.

As of the current moment however, we are still cleaning out and working on requests from our existing projects...as a result, the request thread will be closed out until that back log is cleared out and both Voltaire and the team is available. I apologize that we can't give a more finite estimate, but thank you for your interest.

So is it possible to see in the nearest future LOT (Polish Airlines) Boeing 737-500? I saw it once in some other topic and it was almost ready for release.

joelyboy911

Was that in the SCAG forum, Slimboj? I think the AC Team so far has the 737NG, which is the -600 to -900. Adroman, who has recently passed away (as you'd have seen in Voltaire's post above) was working on it, so he may have made the livery. SCAG hopes to work on the 737 'Classics' again soon.

I think I said it in a PM, Voltaire, but the A380 is looking fabulous and I know Adrian would be honoured to know that he meant so much around him and would get a smile out of seeing his name on the A380. I'm looking forward to seeing the development on this project.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

RG59061

Quote from: joelyboy911 on August 28, 2011, 02:05:16 AM
Was that in the SCAG forum, Slimboj? I think the AC Team so far has the 737NG, which is the -600 to -900. Adroman, who has recently passed away (as you'd have seen in Voltaire's post above) was working on it, so he may have made the livery. SCAG hopes to work on the 737 'Classics' again soon.

I think I said it in a PM, Voltaire, but the A380 is looking fabulous and I know Adrian would be honoured to know that he meant so much around him and would get a smile out of seeing his name on the A380. I'm looking forward to seeing the development on this project.

Thank you Joelyboy, we are all still saddened at the loss of Adroman, his passion and his desire for perfection will be greatly missed...but hopefully the A380 project and the continuation of the AC Team, as well as a continued partnership with SCAG, will be a fitting tribute.

Thank you Joely.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Voltaire

2 September 2011

The current release is getting close to finished, but it's delayed due to extra modelling work. The 757 winglets, of all things, held me back this week. Last week, it was converting the A380 jetbridge to glass; the week before that the Air France main logo. Next up, the A321 will need a cabin service door and GSE installed. Then I can (finally) begin lot-making.

The aircraft completed so far for this release:

Plus, a bonus: I've held back this British Airways 757, because SCAG was going to release the same. My rule on duplicates is a 4-week post-release delay (see request thread), in this case beginning in June.

Also, a new triple-finger A380 jetbridge, here in parked position. Each finger has 3 sections, and the metal sides were replaced with a glass-enclosed Warren truss.

The tentative release date for this set is 20 September, which may be moved up if the lotting work runs smoothly. An attached-jetbridge A380 scene (with cargo, catering, etc) will be underway soon. For this release, the A380 will be limited to the detached jetway scene only, to keep the schedule from slipping into October.

=======================================

Thank you maxosha, Cyclone1001, and GMT. Nice to see this project changing some minds on the A380. The model is faithful to the real thing, so I think much of the credit goes to the SC4 camera rig... high-angle quarter views bring out the best of this design.

slimboj, the only Classic (-300/-400/-500) set I know of is mikeoxlong's, over on the STEX. Here in the AC Team we've made the more recent 737 Next Generation (-600/-700/-800/-900), which LOT doesn't operate.

Thank you, Joel. I'll say it again too, he had great talent and I'll miss watching the high-quality work in his threads. From all the responses here, and the thread in Community-related, it's quite clear just how much positive impact he made to the SC4 fan community.

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

Cyclone1001

All of those are spectacular, I can't wait to use them :P

WC_EEND

oooh, I really like that A380 and the jetway to go with it. That said, the registration VH-OSC appears to belong to a Bell 206 chopper :P
Those 757's look rather excellent as well.

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

ShadeSlayer

Everything is looking great, Voltaire. I'm happy to see you are doing more 757's too -- it is my favourite looking jet by far.

Voltaire

Thanks Cyclone and ShadeSlayer... One thing I haven't mentioned, is that I'll be lotting the 757's from the prefab set, including them as 'bonus' releases like the BA jet above. So there's plenty more coming!

Quote from: WC_EEND on September 03, 2011, 06:05:46 AM
the registration VH-OSC appears to belong to a Bell 206 chopper :P

Thanks Xander, I normally run a registration search but forgot this time. This CASA page shows four combinations ending in SC available. QSC looks like a natural choice, being so similar in appearance to "OSC" that I won't need to re-render ;)

Jack Bauer

Only new exciting stuffs to test on SC4.

Thank you so much for the AF 747 in new livery. It meets my expectations.

I like the united 757. As I am recreating an American airport, it will be awesome to have it.

The A380 just looks breathtaking. &apls

apeguy

These planes are awesome!!! ;D Now I just wish the 20th of September would hurry up and arrive. :D

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Mulu2065

My God, how could I have missed this. I love these planes, I can't wait til release.

KoV Liberty

Quote from: WC_EEND on September 03, 2011, 06:05:46 AM
oooh, I really like that A380 and the jetway to go with it. That said, the registration VH-OSC appears to belong to a Bell 206 chopper :P
Those 757's look rather excellent as well.

Xander

Whats also funny is that the chopper (Robinson R22) is registered to a man that lives in Queensland, Australia.

http://www.regosearch.com/aircraft/au/OSC

Thats kinda cool to be honest. Did you know that beforehand Voltaire?

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Voltaire

20 September 2011

The 3rd set of requests, plus the A380 is up on the LEX here... enjoy!

This A321's photo wasn't done before the last post - here it is:

There's something a little different with the A380 gates (which did end up assembled normally, not on an angle). Some extra color in the corners, and nice lead-in lines that fill in some of the huge blank area near the taxiway:

The new lead-in lines are a separate 4x3 lot, so the total gate length is 9 tiles counting from the taxiway centerline. That's the bare minimum to ensure clearance between a parked A380 and another taxiing behind it. Remember though, 747-8's are longer! So if your concourse features 747-8 gates, and A380's need to taxi behind them... build 10-tile-deep gates instead. Part of the joy of super-size aircraft ;)

Thanks Jack Bauer, apeguy (it is here!), and Mulu2065... enjoy the planes and stay tuned for more!

I'm going to try for a bonus 757 and A380 every month, in addition to filling requests. Now that the winglets and GSE have been fitted to nearly all the models, filling requests may go quickly enough to have more than 3 each time. Once the backlog is down to 10 I'll reopen the thread.

self edit:photo size

[Delta ²k5]

I love the new A380 but It's not really comatible with the jetway extension from the SCAG team (the one for the airport road) Would it maybe in a later release be possible to change that? I see two ways to fix it...

first: move the jetway prop more to the right of the lot.
second: make the jetway one title longer and let it overhang (like on the SCAG 777)

It would be really neat if I could keep my road as it is now :thumbsup:

anyway... great work!

Jack Bauer

I love the Air France 747. Thank you so so much. It fits perfect in my airports. The QF A388 is breathtaking as well as the new jetway. Of course I will stay tune. I am looking forward to teh next A380 you are going to make.