• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AC Aircraft

Started by Voltaire, March 09, 2009, 08:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voltaire

March 14, 2010

747 Passenger Set Modelling Complete

Korean Air is the second customer for the passenger 747-8  :)

Three new 747-400's this month... South African is a new airline for us, and United's gray livery is a favorite of mine. Ace suggested it, while we were making the first set in 2007. Back then, I could never get the gray to turn out right -- if you're still watching, ace - hope you like it!  Last, the standard British Airways livery is going in the pack, for those who may plop a few BA 747's together (they only have one alliance logojet).

South AfricanUnited, 1993British Airways

These two 744's were originally made before any of the new ground equipment; both now have a full set installed. Each plane also has minor livery updates.

Air New Zealand 1.1Qantas 1.1

This marks the completion of the main aircraft props - but the show isn't over yet. Wait until you see what we're doing with the rest of the lot  ;)

===================================

Thanks cameron and jpj_starfleet!

The aft bulk compartment is a useful thing, commonly still used because:
- actual freight in containers may be taking a lot of space in the front and middle cargo holds
- putting weight in the back can help quite a bit when considering weight & balance issues.

oktoberfest, there is no schedule here, even I don't know yet.

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

jpj_starfleet

Awesome work as always and thanks for the response!!!  ;D

Jack Bauer

It's a christmas update ;D. All these planes look amazing. It's nice to see again Qantas and ANZ. It's great to have 2 different 2 BA's jumbo jets (One world and classic edition) and also both United versions. That's was a good idea to make South African'one. It didn't think to it. And 747-8 are awesome. This pack is so cool. I am looking for new surprises. :) By the way, Air france has released its first new coloured of the 747: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-France/Boeing-747-428/1641248/L/&sid=ea98532996e497c33729aab17139c31b

Une_ame

The KA 747-8 is just awesome babuloziwad !!!!  ;D  It looks like it just getting out of the paintshop. I particulary appreciate the white reflects on the top, above the fuselage/wing junction :thumbsup:.

Jack Bauer is right, the new Air France's paintjob fit perfectly this BIG baby.
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Gilikov1994

Great to see the new liveries! &apls, the one I like the most is the BA

regards, Giel
Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

i_love_lamp

supa beast! whenr these gonna be released!

adroman

Wow, Voltaire!

Fantastic work, all around... Though I do have a particular liking for the South African Air, Air New Zealand and the Qantas liveries. That ground equipment looks good, it adds to the airport scene greatly.

Thank you for answering my HD question, I do see where you're coming from, and it's your decision in the end. They'll look great at any zoom, I'm sure.  :thumbsup:

Great work, again...
Adrian.
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

RG59061

Quote from: i_love_lamp on March 22, 2010, 01:40:46 PM
supa beast! whenr these gonna be released!

Thank you I_love_lamp for your kind words and posting here.

Voltaire is still working very hard on lotting and final rendering of the models for these 747s. As a result, we have no real release date to give just yet. We as the AC Team strive to produce the highest quality offerings for you, the SC4 Fan.

It will be some time before these are released, as we want them to be perfect...as a result, there will be a wait so please be patient and continue to follow the progress right here. As you can see...the wait is certainly going to be worth it! I myself...even as a team member can't wait!

Thank you again for your kind words I_love_lamp.

RG59061
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

i_love_lamp

:'(
*tiny attention span can barely wait for a project with no release date*

RG59061

I'm just as excited as you are trust me, but also trust me when I say it will SO be worth the wait!

Just be careful of what you eat while you are waiting, that isn't cotton candy, it is fiberglass insulation.  :D

RG59061

Haljackey

Very cool!  I like big birds!

Another 747 that could be made is a version with a full double deck, similar to the Airbus A380.

(Photoshopped picture)

-Sure it hasn't been made in RL, but it sure would be great to have in SC4!

RG59061

That certainly is an interesting idea. I am thinking though that for a Double Decker, you may have to wait until the SCAG opts to make the A380 as a prop for SC4.

Voltaire and the rest of the AC Team are wanting to make the most realistic planes flying today, and given the amount of time he's spent on the current 747 packs, it would be a long time if he decided to revamp the model again.

Still, awesome idea and love the enthusiasm! Thanks for following!

RG59061

joelyboy911

Until SCAG opts to make it? Well, If you insist. I didn't know AC had ruled it out.

Anyways, nice work Voltaire. I like the Korean Air, and its good to see Air New Zealand and Qantas again.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

RG59061

The A380 is one of those planes that the AC Team had to debate about building...when it came down to it, we had a few more Boeing fans and Voltaire felt more strongly with the 787 Dreamliner. Now, that is not to say he may not decide to render the A380 as well...but given the 747-8 Intercontinental and second 747 packs we are working on, the A380 would come later down the road.

Perhaps a joint project between the AC Team and SCAG on the A380 might be in the cards?

Voltaire

Everyone's jumping the gun with regards to new projects; let me just say, I'm not planning on BATing any new type of aircraft this year. I must turn to helping Gwail and Pat with the pavement sets. Realistically, that will occupy us for the rest of 2010.

Haljackey, that looks like the NLA -- it was Boeing's proposal for a true A380 competitor about 10 years ago. As RG59061 points out, I much prefer real planes - much easier to find drawings and plans  ;)

Thanks jpj_starfleet, Giel, Gilikov, and une_ame -- those reflections from the light rig are something special, that can only happen on a 747 due to the upper deck blending down into the main fuselage.

Jack Bauer - thanks, but no more liveries are planned, it's been a year already to make these  :P

I don't recall ever posting previews of the 'extra' planes in this pack. Each airline will come with two extra versions - the first has no ground equipment or jetway, just the plane by itself. The second extra version features a supertug towing the aircraft:

People have been asking for this for over 3 years, and they're finally done!

Now, we are just starting the lotting process and it's not a simple job. This will be the largest assortment of props that we'll ever work with... even more than the prefab airports.

As RG59061 said, it will be worth the wait  :thumbsup:

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

joelyboy911

Well, a Joint SCAG-AC project is an interesting proposal, but I don't think it would work. Though we both want to make the same things, the differences in the way we want to do it are too great at the moment. The most obvious one to me at the moment is the HD issue.

I certainly see why you'd choose the 787 over the A380. SCAG has more Boeing fans as well. I'd have made a Boeing aircraft, but they were all taken! The only one not BATted yet is the 707 (And, I suppose the 717 but that kinda comes under PD's MD-80). I might choose to do the A380 myself, but the number of other planes I've decided to do already means its a fair way down the track (I've got the Turboprops as well as all the current Airbus widebodies to finish). I seem to have a little more time free than Voltaire, but its never enough!

Good luck for the finish of the project.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Gilikov1994

Yeah! great Voltaire ;)!
Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

Haljackey

Looking good! 

Regarding my request, that's fine if you don't want to do it.  I just thought it would be easier to make because the height of the 747 fuselage would be the same for the entire length of the aircraft, making it a quick job for you guys.

Although the 747-8 is a good compromise of this design, and you've been doing a fantastic job modeling it!  Nice work!  :thumbsup:

RG59061

Looks Great Voltaire! You've put a lot of time and even more of your effort into revamping the 747 model and building up the 747-8 Intercontinental.

You should be very pleased at your work! I can't wait to see these lovely beauties parked at the gates of my International Terminal in SC4. As someone has kindly said...with all the parts this team is adding through sites like SC4D...SC4 will never die!

To all regarding questions or comments about the delay in updates of the 747-400 and 747-8 packs, when it came to making the second 747-400 pack and the 747-8I, Voltaire went back and basically re-made the entire 747 model to correct some concerns with the original release. The 747-8I was made from the ground up based on plans and schematics released by Boeing. That explains the length of time necessary to make sure the models were absolutely perfect before they go to rendering and lotting. Plus, he made two versions...the 747-8I Passenger and the 747-8F Freighter variant. Believe me, there was so much more involved in making the 747-8s than just tweaking the original 747-400 model.

Haljackey, it is possible that Voltaire could do something like that, but given his commitment to such high quality standards, a thing Toyota has forgotten over time. If Voltaire was to make the 747 "Double Decker" concept that Boeing previewed a decade ago, which your Flight Sim pic is based on, he would render an entirely new model to start from. Voltaire is not one to cut corners, I've worked with him and the AC Team long enough to know that. But the results of every pack are better off because of it. The 737 and A320 packs speak to that detail and quality, as well as the forthcoming 747-400 and 747-8 releases.

There is so much more coming down the pipeline this year with the Airport Roads Project that is being finalized as we speak, and many other Aircraft types to come. This years product schedule is already full up.

Keep following us everyone, we will be updating this blog again once we have some news to post about our forthcoming projects. Voltaire always has something he is working on.

i_love_lamp

nice dude! But im kinda disappointed that your not doing any more -8 liveries, like say a Delta or QANTAS livery. Anyway Im still waiting patiently for this to come out.