• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Lower Countries

Started by I9113N, March 09, 2009, 05:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I9113N

Update soon, guys. I have no excuses lol.  ()sad() Don't want this to go to inactive.  :-[

I9113N

ThatGuy: Interesting. Best Buy ones were well over the $300 mark. Thanks!

Glowbal: Thank you. I try, but it helps when you live so close to rural scenes.  :D

BarbarossaS: Thanks. Unfortunately, and to my great annoyance, there is no tree controller for the SimFox trees. But, for the rest, it is the Italian Terrain & Tree Controller thing. (link) Yes, the last pic is my favorite.

kbieniu7: Thanks. The region is a work in progress, and will most likely never be complete. But for what parts of it are developed, yes it is.   :)

Nardo69: lol it takes a while to get them to look like that. Thank you!  :)

Kanne Part 4, Ven Sansdorf & Mont Lusailles

In this slightly northern area of southern Kanne, we see the line between Falkish and Monterrian begin to blur. Ironically, in this region of southwest Kanne, the further south you go, the more Falkish it is. The closer into the middle area of the country you get, the more Monterrian things are. A language map would be most helpful here...
     Anyway, Ven Sansdorf is a somewhat large suburban town east of Gann and north of Märnaburg. It is located at the foot of a semi-moderately large hill called Mont Lusailles. On the hill is the picturesque town of Mont Lusailles, once home to a Monterrian monastery. The monastery, sadly, was accused of being filled with heretics in the late 5th century, and was thus burnt, destroyed, and its bricks used on the city streets. Recently, the demand for low cost housing in Ven Sansdorf and Mont Lusailles has gone up, and thus, you will see some little condo-like apartments, usually within walking distance of a park or something.

I9113N

Lol it's just like me to go and make a language map of Kanne. Not the best quality, I know, but deal with it. You should be able to match colors to languages by yourself. If you can't (which is pathetic), red=Nevian, blue=Falkish, and yellow=Monterrian.

BarbarossaS

Wow, it's like 2 updates all of a sudden  :P It would be a shame indeed to let this MD go inactive, but you revived it quite well with these updates!
To bad there isn't a tree controller, plopping tree by tree is quite time consuming.

Keep up the good work!

-Stijn-

I9113N

Unfortunately, I have come down with the swine flu / pig fever / h1n1. ()sick() Just thought I'd let you all know, in case I don't update Saturday. Wish me luck, although it shouldn't be life-threatening. Bleh.  &sly

BarbarossaS

Oh, that's bad. Get well soon!

-Stijn-

Tomas Neto

Awesome update!!!  :thumbsup:
Get well soon, my friend!!!

Battlecat

Nice update up there, love the fog effect in the first shot. 

Hope you feel better soon!

Earth quake

Beautiful update. :thumbsup:
Your city is really nice and beautiful.

I9113N

*cough*

After working on this all day, I present to you the not-necessarily-but-pretty-close-to Final Map!!  &dance &dance &dance

And here we see the condensed version:

Now. Problem. Uh-oh.  :thumbsdown:

The large version of the map is so BIG that Imageshack won't upload it in one piece.  :o

So.

Solution.  :)

I've split the massive map into regions.

So:

Eastern Seaboard
The Midlands
Northwest
Southwest

Enjoy.

I am feeling better if you can't tell btw.  :)

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Earth quake

Battlecat

Brilliant work on this map!  The details are very impressive indeed.  Imageshack is a bit frustrating with that strict upper limit for image sizes.  Looking forward to seeing what's coming next as always!

Tomas Neto

calibanX

An excellent map you have there. Dare I inquire how many hours of work were involved?

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

I9113N

Well, to be honest, I completely forgot I had an MD in the first place until today.  &Thk/( Pathetic, I know. Well, I've begun to work on a few informative maps including language, religion, topographical, population density, pollution, and hopefully agricultural. Don't be surprised if there are some maps listed here never made, and don't be surprised if I make a few not listed. Meanwhile, I'm just beginning to take pictures of Kanne City, Kanne's capital.
Thank you all for the very pleasant comments, hope you all had a good Thanksgiving if you celebrate it, and calibanX, it probably took me about 2 to 4 hours to make that.

I9113N

And here we have the first map, Language:

:)

Tomas Neto

My friend, awesome map!!! Great work!!!  :thumbsup:

Earth quake

Battlecat