• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Trees on city hall lots

Started by homefryes, February 21, 2009, 11:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

homefryes

Hello. I recently stumbled across a topic regarding the large pine tree on the city hall lots. I'm having a similar issue, but was unsuccessful at finding that original post via the search. My issue is somewhat different, however, as it's related to the utility poles I created (linkie) that I created. These are like trees in the game, and are found in the mayor trees menu. Anyone who is using my utility poles and these city hall lots is going to experience this issue, no doubt.

I was admiring my success at running my utility poles across the back of the city hall lot (not an easy task sometimes)...

...when I noticed an interesting problem at the front of the lot.

The "trees" along the front sides of the lot were various utility poles!

I did some investigating in the Lot Editor...

...and found that these flora props on the lot have no name associated with them (when in LE, usually when you hover over a flora or prop item, the hex name shows in white at the bottom of the window). I believe they are allowing any flora item to appear. I then tried deleting these items and placing actual individual trees instead, and I saved these lots. However, it appears the growable, multi-level city hall file is a .dat. I need to figure out how to associate my customized lots with this .dat file. Can anyone offer guidance?

— Don
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

BarbyW

I am quoting Swamper77's reply to a similar query:
QuoteThe main reason that the custom trees you have downloaded are showing up on some of the Maxis lots is this:

Maxis used Flora Family ID 0xE8F02107 on some of their lots. Since most of the custom trees are designed using the Maxis flora exemplars as a base, they also have this Flora Family ID attached to them. You won't see that in the Lot Editor because the Lot Editor only recognizes Flora exemplars ending in "0000" and won't show the Flora Family ID for whatever reason.

The City Hall Fix is on the STEX: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=13296.

I am not sure what file you are referring to as the "growable, multi-level city hall file". Can you give me a link to the download please?
The way to make your lots replace the ones in the file is to use Reader and delete all but the building exemplar line - starts all zeros - from the LotConFig Exemplar and copy the properties - except for the building property - to that file.
You can then delete your lots and keep the new saved file.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

homefryes

Thank you for the great response. I didn't describe the file well; it's All 3 CityHalls Modd Reward Fix (linkie). I tried the fix you linked; however, it didn't seem to solve the problem. So I'm trying to decipher the CityHall.dat in the reader, but not having success there either. Still trying to figure it out ... not giving up yet! and it has worked! (I had to test it properly). Many thanks!

— Don
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

Andreas

Swamper77 is correct, the issue is caused by the Maxis flora family that still resides in several Ploppable Mayor Mode Mods. It's no that much of a problem if those ploppable are trees as well (maybe with the exception of the giant redwood trees), but obviously, other items do look strange there. My City Hall Fix is basically a quick fix that simply removes those Maxis flora props, but ideally, all Ploppable Mayor Mode Mods should be checked.
Andreas

Nephandus

Quote from: Andreas on February 21, 2009, 02:32:36 PM
Swamper77 is correct, the issue is caused by the Maxis flora family that still resides in several Ploppable Mayor Mode Mods. It's no that much of a problem if those ploppable are trees as well (maybe with the exception of the giant redwood trees), but obviously, other items do look strange there. My City Hall Fix is basically a quick fix that simply removes those Maxis flora props, but ideally, all Ploppable Mayor Mode Mods should be checked.

Those Redwood Trees love to come up on this lot (pretty annoying especially since they are really too tall for my taste). Unfortunately the smaller English city hall fix of yours seems only to apply to the small cityhall (correct me if I am wrong). The German fix of yours applies to all of them (neat work). Translating the German version to English isn't too hard though (takes approximately 5 minutes if ILive reader is already installed).

lifein2x3

I'm running into this same problem, where the fix works for the Small City Hall, but not for the Medium or Large City Hall. Can someone post a fixed version of Andreas' fix that actually works for all three buildings?

mgb204

I've attached an override for all three lots that will remove the offending MMP flora, replacing them with generic Maxis Trees. Make sure it loads after the other City Hall Fix files, those would be required as dependencies for these lots. They are untested (I had to remove them from a multi-purpose DAT which I can't upload as-is) so let me know if you run into any problems.