• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show Us Your... Car

Started by nerdly_dood, February 11, 2009, 04:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nerdly_dood

We all have one (well... Most of us, at least)... It can take you anywhere you can go on four wheels (or two, or even three if you're lucky) Comment on others, comment on yours... comment on mine!

The make, model and model year is recommended. Please, no pictures larger than 1024x768 for the sake of those with a smaller monitor. (I tried to resize these images directly by my PhotoBucket, but I am now aware that that method isn't reliable so I'll be using another method to shrink them...)

1999 Ford Taurus:

Anyway, comments: i had been meaning to get a picture of it for about a week before i got around to it, and when that happened it was at night. I'll do my best to get a daytime picture...
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Swamper77

Here's mine (slightly older photo):

Yes, it is normal for my car to have mud and dirt all over it. The only parts that stay clean are the windows, license plates, and the driving lights. The marker lights on the sides of the rear bumper are usually covered by the debris thrown up by my car. The backside is usually the worst though:

Me wash the car? Never!

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

le_harv

Before this thread gets going can I make a slight recommendation? Always blur out your licence plate, I know in the UK where I am orginally from there have been cases of people cloning licence plates onto identical vehicles (usually stolen). Then the poor guy who legitimately owns that licence plate gets all the speeding/parking tickets (and worse) connected to them. Obviously you can prove later on that you couldn't have possibly got a parking ticket in New York because your car was at a mechanics garage in San Francisco but why would you want to go through that hassle!

It's also a bit of an identifier, it's got your details attached to it when you registered it, especially in countries like the US and Canada where the licence plate is yours for life (in the UK and other places the licence plate stays with the vehicle, but still has your details attached to it until you sell the car).

Just a friendly heads up...

Anyway here is the last car I owned before I emigrated to Canada. For those who don't know its 2006 FIAT Grande Punto Sporting (I miss all 6 gears and those 17' rims). Sold it in August 2008 so I could move. Currently on the hunt for a 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart.

Swamper77

Quote from: le_harv on February 11, 2009, 06:24:26 PM
Before this thread gets going can I make a slight recommendation? Always blur out your licence plate, I know in the UK where I am orginally from there have been cases of people cloning licence plates onto identical vehicles (usually stolen). Then the poor guy who legitimately owns that licence plate gets all the speeding/parking tickets (and worse) connected to them. Obviously you can prove later on that you couldn't have possibly got a speeding ticket in New York because your car was at a mechanics garage in San Francisco but why would you want to go through that hassle!

Just a friendly heads up...

I few people have mentioned it to me regarding my car's photos. I should probably ask Google's Streetview to blur out mine from their photos they took while they were in Seattle near my work place....

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

nerdly_dood

It would be amazingly difficult to attribute someone else's mistakes to my own vehicle... mainly because the person to whom it is registered, my mother, died January 13. With me being the sole heir, I inherited the vehicle, which required that my uncle drive it across the state to give it to me, and I expect it to rot in the driveway until such time as i have a source of income which i can use to pay for insurance, which i need to change the registration to be in my name.

Even though it was impossible to tell which state the plate is from, if you know me well you probably can guess, and from the font of the number too - but then again, I'm about to fix that part too, by removing the number from the plates and updating the image in this thread.

Okay enough commenting if you please, let's see some more.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.

catty

My vehicle is a Daihatsu Midget Mk2 single-seater Utility otherwise known by my work colleagues as the "tonka toy"

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Pat

Cathy what in the world is that??? Are you sure that is a car and not a toy lol  :D  Looks very intresting to say the least....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

callagrafx

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

catty

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

nerdly_dood

Good lord, Catty! That thing makes the Smart ForTwo look like a hummer!  :D

Ryan B.

This isn't my exact car, but the color's close.  I drive a 1996 Ford Contour:

Image taken from Wikipedia.

I can get from my house to Buffalo (or Rochester) and back on ¼ tank.   ;D

sebes

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Jmouse

1985 Buick LeSabre, 106,500 actual miles. V8 engine with less than 20,000 miles on it.

bwatterud

My pride and joy, a 2003 Ford Ranger:

MandelSoft

Quote from: sebes on February 13, 2009, 07:11:57 AM
My Peugeot 307SW

Hey, my parents drive in an 307 too, but we have another variant (307 XS Break, which looks like an SW, but has no glass roof) and ours is black. Too bad I'm not allowed to drive. I may drive when I'm 18 and having a drivers license, which will take probably two years (I'm 16 years and 10,5 months).

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Pat

Pic of my truck while it was still running siiiiiiiiigh and to the side of it you can see my van....

Truck:

1991 Chevy Blazer S10
4x4 all wheel drive
4.3 TBI V 8
with MX7000 all light lightbar
Galls Street Thunder Siren control unit
Speaker is a Slimline Code 3 behind the grill

Van:

2001 Chrysler Town & Country LE
not much know more about the van lol...

As you figured I love my truck lol....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

nerdly_dood

Pat - I know at one point in some distant thread somewhere you mentioned that you are only allowed red and white lights and can't use blue lights - You're actually pretty lucky you can have a full-size lightbar at all - in Virginia volunteer firefighters and EMTs are allowed something along the lines of:

No more than two forward-facing red or combination red and white flashing, blinking or alternating lights.

That means that even a tiny mini-lightbar is illegal for volunteer firemen! (cause the lights are almost always all-directional)

EDIT: I found out that the law doesn't specify forward-facing lights, so mini-lightbars are permitted. (You could even use a full-size lightbar as long as it only had 2 rotating lights or strobes...)

Pat

Hey there Nerdly_dood,
  Hmm that has changed since I was last to Virgina then lol... Of course when I was last there it was in the 80's and then the last time in the early 90's... I have a cousin who became a cop after being on fire/rescue department and he gotten me invovled more or less lol... At the time he had a Single rotating blue light and his headlights wig waged...  So let me guess all they can have there now is something like,

if that is the case that soo sucks....

nerdly_dood

Oh yeah and one other thing: I'm pretty certain sirens aren't allowed on vol. firemen/EMTs' personal vehicles either - they're certainly allowed on the actual fire trucks and ambulances, though (which can also have as many red or red/white lights as they can put on it, with amber facing to the rear - blue is for police only though)

Okay, 'nuff about volunteer firemen - let's see your hot ride!

homefryes

Here's my other half's ... an '08 Jeep Compass. My '05 Silverado can barely be spotted further back in the picture. I have a better picture at home that I haven't uploaded.

— Don
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium