• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Adara - Update 184 - March 26, 2012

Started by Battlecat, February 10, 2009, 06:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skimbo

That lakeside.... Fantastic detailing!
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

Cyclone1001

Very nice update! Instead of my generic "good work" comments, I'm going to point out specific things I like.
First, I love your medians on th ave-2 or whatever it is called. It looks quite nice.
Next, your shoreline looks fantastic. As usual. Nothing new in that.
Last, those docks and boats are a nice touch. I like it.

noahclem

I've been waiting for this update! Great job with your lakeside development--I'm always learning from the ways you develop residential areas. I really like how the shoreline turned out with the grass and gravel and the flora between the houses looks great  :thumbsup:

ShultzCity

G'day Battlecat. Just wanted to drop you a line to say how amazed I am at the recent additions to Adara! I don't get around here too often, but I always check to make sure there hasn't been an update to Adara  ;) . For me Adara was always what I wanted my regions to look like, but simply never had the time to invest into making everything look perfect! Keep up the good work mate :)
I'd love it if you could check out my photography! Click on of the links below:
http://www.jacobshultz.com.au
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jshultzphotography/

Tomas Neto

Fantastic mosaic, great update my friend!!!  :thumbsup:

bat

Nice work on that lake and the area around it!
Looking forward to more of it... ;)

Schulmanator

Nice! Looks like a great serene place to live.
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

sumwonyuno

Your work never ceases to amaze me!  It doesn't seem that your work has rusted one bit!   ;)  The lake and the development are great.  Though, what is that in the water in the mosaic?  It doesn't look like a boat... maybe people swimming (or drowning)?

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Jayster

Wow! Looking very nice. I'm thinking about adding in some rivers and lakes to my region although I'm not sure where they would fit very well...

Jayster

scott1964

canyonjumper

Awesome Battlecat! Love the detailing and the winding streets!

Your friend,
                           Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

kwakelaar

You are continuing with never-seen-before techniques to get the level of realism and detailing you have always been striving for. Again it has been an inspiring visit to Adara.

Battlecat

Skimbo: Thanks!

Cyclone1001: Glad you've enjoyed everything.  I really hope to see an AVE2 median in the future that will work with the diagonals.  Thanks for stopping in!

noahclem: Thanks!  I'm glad you're finding your visits inspirational.  From what I've seen in your MD, you're putting the inspiration to good use! 

Jacob (ShultzCity): Glad to see you're still lurking around, thanks for stopping in!  Hope all is well with you and that you haven't been badly affected by the floods!

Tomas Neto: Thanks very much!

bat: Thanks!  Nothing new on the lake today but I expect I'll be developing it more soon!

Schulmanator: Thanks, that's what I'm shooting for!

sumwonyuno: Thanks very much, I'm glad you like it!  I've put a closer look and a link to those people floating in the water in the fourth image in today's update!

Jayster: Thanks!  For adding a lake in a more urban area, you could even just leave a space.  There are some great lakes surrounding entirely by urban areas that still keep their natural feel in the real world as well.  Central park in New York City for example could be quite nicely replicated with plopable water rather than lots.  I'd love to see what your take on a lake would be. 

scott1964: Thanks!

Jordan (canyonjumper): Thanks very much, the winding streets look great but are a bit of a pain! 

Gjermund (kwakelaar): Thanks very much, I'm glad you're still enjoying your visits!

Update 145
Dunster Bend – Another Swath of Residents

Hello everyone!  Once again, I didn't have nearly as much time as I wanted to play this weekend.  But in keeping with my resolve to update at least once per week I have a bit more residential development in Dunster Bend.  The urban part of Dunster Bend is actually getting close to completion. 

144-1: This is the area that I will be developing today.

144-2: First swath of residential in place.  A couple small businesses have been placed at the far left of the image. They mark the edge of the urban part of Dunster Bend.

144-3: The low wealth homes are slowly giving way to medium wealth lots. 

144-4: By the way, I had several questions about those people floating in the lake.  They are in fact floating on inner tubes.  They are a small lot by Chrisadams3997 and can be found here on the LEX.

144-5: Back to business, the area around these homes will be transformed into a park. 

144-6: Which of course results in a new class of residents moving in. 

144-7: This is the last block I'll be developing today.

144-8: A nice winding road makes for interesting suburbs. 

144-9: Last item for today, here's an overview of the completed subdivision. 

Once again, I'm uncertain where I'll be working next.  We'll find out next time, see you later!

Tomas Neto

Yeah my friend..., very nice the residential development in Dunster Bend!!!! I'm always very impressed with your ability to create beautiful sceneries!!!

bat

Nice views there! Update 145 is really great!
Looking forward to more... :)

Cyclone1001

Since I have nothing special to comment on, I will ramble on about how nice your entire MD is. But because I don't want to be rude, I'll keep it short. Enjoy the graphic.

canyonjumper

Awesome Battlecat! Great looking suburb!

And Cyclone, that's awesome ;D

Your friend,
                        Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

noahclem

Great job with more light residential areas! The winding roads and flora create a great neighborhood effect. The little corner shops fit great too!

mave94

Great update again! &apls
You always amaze me
Can't wait for more

-Matthijs-

io_bg

The curved streets are a nice touch! Can't wait to see more development of that area :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November