• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Adara - Update 184 - March 26, 2012

Started by Battlecat, February 10, 2009, 06:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TiFlo

It is always such a pleasure to drop by and see that you've provided us with another of your delightful updates (I'm in a good mood today, can you tell?).

As for your request, I'd suggest Deadwoods schools: small / "big".

canyonjumper

Great stuff Battlecat!

For the school, you could try this. You'll have to register though.

Your friend,
                                  Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

eldaldo

I have been lurking for months.  I basically consider you the expert on playing rural and small town areas.  And when you commented on my MD I have to say I was a little flattered, and then realised that I had never told you what a wonderful job you are doing.  You have a simply excellent region, Battlecat!

penguin007

That village is really shaping up nicely there I love the curves and the mini avenue you have created

Will

Jayster

Very nice update yet again! Looking forward to the progression of Duster Bend!  :thumbsup:

Jayster

Tomas Neto

art128

Wow, that is just awesome my friend, that town looks wonderful, can't wait to see it finished.

Take care,
-Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

calibanX

Nice work as usual Battlecat. You might want to look at JBSimio's school pack volume 1 for that school. There is a one room school house that might meet your needs.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

TrebuTa

Stunning work to watch yet again that's for sure!

Skimbo

another nice little startup for a nice town... I can't wait to see it finished =)
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

Battlecat

noahclem: Thanks very much!  I'm very excited to finally have a chance to play with the NWM!  I'm really looking forward to hearing the results on the farms from the scruitineers but I'm not expecting to hear anything until January.  It's a busy time of year for everyone!  Thanks for the school suggestion as well!

TiFlo: You certainly seem to be in a good mood!  Thanks very much for stopping in!  I do have Deadwood's schools, but I hadn't thought of those ones.  Thanks!

Jordan (canyonjumper): Thanks!  Nifty suggestion there, that one should be very handy!

eldaldo: Well let me officially welcome you to Adara!  Glad you've been enjoying your visits to Adara all this time.  Thanks for stopping in!

Will (penguin007): Thanks, I went a bit nuts with the curves in this town, but I think the results will be worth it! 

Jayster: Thanks very much, I'm looking forward to making progress as well! 

Tomas Neto: Thanks!

Arthur (art128): Thanks!  It's going to need a lot of work before it'll be done.  At least I managed to balance the budget. 

Geoff (calibanX): Thanks for the suggestion and your kind words!  I'll see about tracking that pack down. 

TrebuTa: Thanks very much!

Skimbo: Same here, I really am going for one of my most organic feeling towns yet.  Glad you enjoyed the start!

Update 142
Dunster Bend – A Touch of Detailing

Sorry for missing last week's update.  I was looking forward to trying out my brand new gaming rig on SC4 Sunday as usual, but instead I spend the next two days in bed with a nasty flu.  Ah well, I'm back and the new computer makes SC4 fly once again.  It takes less than 2 minutes to load the game now and it runs much faster.  Anyhow, due to the hazards of the season this is probably the last update until the New Year.  Now, on with the update!

142-1: Today I'm going to work mostly in this little area. 

142-2: First thing on the list is relocating the grocery store a touch.  It'll leave more room for parking lots at the front while still leaving room for access at the rear.

142-3: This new road is going to provide access to the loading dock of the complex.  I'm also adding some homes on the street. 

142-4: It is a new installation of Simcity 4 on my new computer so by default the day night cycle progresses naturally.  It was unexpected but it gave me a chance to make sure the night lighting patch was working.  Looks like the lights are on!

142-5: During the day you can clearly see the finished neighbourhood.  Lots of screening between the store and the homes.

142-6: Next two pictures I'm just trying to sort out the path of the shoreline.

142-7: As I was working on it, I realized that this dam created by the highway would be a good place to start detailing.

142-8: Here's the section I'm testing the detailing on.  It's a mixture of peg's rocks and maxis rocks just to give it some character. 

142-9: A little bit of greenery polishes it up quite nicely.

142-10: So I've applied the details right across the dam now.  I think it worked out quite nicely.  Now on with the first segment of shoreline.

142-11: In this case I'm going for a very narrow gravel/sand beach, followed by grass very quickly.  The idea here is that the water level of this lake is not natural, so there aren't any natural beaches.  The small bit of gravel beach is formed by rapid erosion of the soil in the wave range.  Given several hundred more years, a wider beach would eventually form.

142-12: Last shot for today, just a quick look at the finished portion of the lake.  I don't have an updated composite today since I really didn't get a large area done. 

And that's a wrap for today!  I wish I had gotten more done, but time was a big constraint yesterday due to a big dinner gathering in the afternoon.  Have a Merry Christmas season everyone!  I'll be back with more in January for sure! 

Tomas Neto

Hi my friend, I hope that you stay better, about the flu!!! I really liked the rocks along the river and the highway!!! Wonderful job in another nice update!!! Merry Christmas to you too, and a happy new year!!!

io_bg

Merry Christmas to you, too :) And I wish you a quick recovery.
The last update is great as usual, I love all these small details you put. I'm eagerly awaiting for more!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

marsh

Just love how you did those rocks on the highway.  :)

,marsh

ecoba

It's been a long time for me here.

You've certainly gotten a lot accomplished during my abscence of commenting, and I've recently read through quite a few pages of your MD catching myself up. The progression of work throughout the end of the Greenwood tile (I think my last comment was at the beginning of that one) and starting of this tile has been a good leap and you haven't lost a bit of your touch.

The detailing is still immaculate and pays off greatly. The grocery store you started us off with is a good example of this, you think to give space for additional parking in the front, but a loading dock in the back at the same time; exactly like it would be in real life. Your shorelines are still perfect, and your mix of trees and other mayor-mode flora creates an exceptional natural setting for the town.

I'll be back.

Ethan :)

Terring7

Very beautiful &apls . Plenty of lovely details and a very nice layout of the town :thumbsup: . Quick recovery from me too :)
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Aaron Graham

Love the town. Can't wait to see more from you.  :thumbsup:
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

cubby420

Quote from: marsh on December 20, 2010, 10:30:19 AM
Just love how you did those rocks on the highway.  :)

^^
What he said...

Little touches as simple as adding a few sparse bushes to those well placed rocks set your rural work apart. I wish I thought of stuff like that  ???

canyonjumper

Beautiful Battlecat! The detailing is looking excellent! Glad you liked the school!

Your friend,
                                Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Jayster

Keeps looking better and better. Keep up the GREAT work!  :thumbsup:

Jayster