• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Adara - Update 184 - March 26, 2012

Started by Battlecat, February 10, 2009, 06:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecoba

Very nice work here, my friend ! Your work with farmland is simply stunning as always.  :)

I especially enjoyed the farm that you've replaced with your own diagonal fields, it really does blend well with the road and the trees along the edges are very nice. The farm with the large mansion (near the road corner, not quite sure what the crop is :P) is very nice once it's all 'touched up' as well.

Sorry I haven't been around the past few updates, still getting into the swing of a normal posting schedule. :)

Ethan

cubby420

Quote from: rooker1 on September 07, 2010, 11:24:20 AM
Here we have the Master of farm feilds and FARR pieces. &apls

The master indeed. I barely even use FAR and FARR pieces but you implement them so effortlessly - well relative effortlessness  $%Grinno$%

Love the way the mountain turned out. Those rocks really blend well into the mountain face.

Cyclone1001

penguin007

Great work and progress here can't believe what I've missed!! The diagonal fields look to be a significant brainwave for us rural gamers!!

Will

Battlecat

TiFlo: It's funny but I actually don't have as many as you might think.  I've got bits and pieces of packs, but not anything complete.  This diagonal clover set is my first attempt at actually creating a comprehensive set of textures for release.  Glad you like them!

Jayster: Thanks, glad you find the final touches helpful! 

Robin (rooker1): Thanks very much!  I'm planning on releasing these but I need to clean them up to make them easier to use.  I've still got a bit more work to do on the transition pieces, some more lots to design and then some polish to add.  Glad you found some inspiration to work on farms again! 

nbvc: Thanks!

Jordan (canyonjumper): Thanks very much! 

Ethan (ecoba): Glad to see you stopping in again!  The dark green fields by the mansion are peanuts, a Simgoober crop.  Also, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the blending methods I'm playing with.  I'm very pleased with the results. 

cubby420: Thanks very much.  It might look effortless, but it can be challenging sometimes.  Especially when a misplaced bulldozer kills a section of road.  But it's worth a bit of pain!  I really like these new rocks as well, they look great even if they are a bit of a challenge to use. 

Cyclone1001: Thanks!  Glad you like them! 

Wil (penguin007): Thanks very much!  I'm looking forward to putting these into a decent form for release! 

Update 128
Greenwood – The Joy of Mosaics

Hello everyone!  Texture work takes time that I haven't had for the past few days so for today's update I've got our first large scale mosaic on the Greenwood tile.  As promised, this mosaic includes the small experimental game water sandbar that I kept forgetting to post an image of. 

128-1: Be patient, there are 18 pictures in this mosaic.  It extends from near the point where the plopable water stream enters the Greenwood tile, past the town of Greenwood, the first diagonal clover farm along the shore to the far border.  Enjoy!

And that's a wrap for today.  See you all soon! 

art128

Wow, that's a FANTASTIC mosaic for a update with the same number as in my nickname..  $%Grinno$%

The shoreline is just awesome my friend, I really love how it turned out in the last updates, it reminds me a bit of the pictures I saw about rural Russia. Farm lands are always incredibly realistic, you're truly a master with that, and I think all will agree with me ! The only thing I can reproach is about the railway line, when the STR is making its second curve (from the top, first from the bottom), I think you should use the smooth curve as you did with the other curve away on the line. But if you can't put it here, I understand, you know sometime SC4 is really stupid.. (says "you can't build there" when there's actually nothing on these tiles.. )  :D Anywya, you did a fantastic job my friend !

Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

cubby420

Quote from: art128 on September 09, 2010, 09:37:36 AM
But if you can't put it here, I understand, you know sometime SC4 is really stupid..

Understatement of the year art128!  :D

Fantastic mosaic and so huge and all encompassing. Great stuff! I hope someday you consider releasing some of the farm filler lots you have created, not to mention the diagonal fields and the such). Your definitely one of the best rural builders out there and we could all benefit from a bit of your magic  ;)

Cyclone1001

ecoba

Fabulous mosaic here, my friend !

Just to see the wide variety of farms and landforms across such a small distance really is amazing. :)

Ethan

Girafe

Some interestings things, I really like the pasture pictures, the trees mix is well done  &apls
and farms are ok.
Phone / electrical poles are good idea and welcome  ;)

you paid attention to breack the linear style of the game with curves in the road and in the railway it's very appreciate
What a pitty fields are like square but with last development you showed I am sure you can do interesting improvment.

Anyway very good job  &apls &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Jayster

Amazing! Sorry I didn't comment on the last update, don't know why... Anyways, awesome! Just awesome!  &apls

Keep up the great work!  :thumbsup:

Jayster

canyonjumper

Consider this comment all of the above comments multiplied by 5. Yes, that's how awesome that mosaic is ;D

Your friend,
                              Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

RickD

Impressive Mosaic. (Just in case you didn't know by now)

Your new farm textures are awesome, too. I''m gonna need those. ;)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

bat

This is a really beautiful rural area! Fantastic work on it... :thumbsup:

kwakelaar

A really good looking mosaic,and like others have said; the shoreline looks fantastic.

Tomas Neto

Awesome mosaic my friend, great work!!!

kodlovag

Wow, extremely detailed. I really like it.
Visit my MD, welcome to Archipelago

marsh

Amazingly massive mosaic! Looks awesome. I love the ruralness.

,marsh :thumbsup:

Nardo69

*sigh*

Another topic on my failure-list: a large scale mosaic of any Urland map ...  /wrrd%&

Great work, I must admit your shores are much better than my feeble tries ...! A small hint:There's a double switch puzzle piece that allows changing from one track to the other within DTR tracks. I would put that just before the switch where the STR branches of in order to let the trains use the "right" track that goes/come from the STR line. ;)

Take care my friend!

Bernhard  :thumbsup: