• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Texture Tutorial and help

Started by Pat, February 03, 2009, 08:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heblem

Jan, I meant the 7th digit starting from 0x... not from F.. thanks! will keep that in mind  ;)

Pat, you can start ordering from the 6th digit (0xF4C#####), which you get 8 different units to pic... lets say you pick 3 (you can pick 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7)

Then your IID is like this...
0xF4C3####

The wealth dependent, so as the suggested number I'll pick the first one... (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, a, b, c, d, e, f)
0xF4C34###

Tehn the 8 and 9 digits to pick any you like, i'll put 66  ;D (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, a, b, c, d, e, f) eg. many orders like 66, c4, f8, 14, 5c, 9d, etc etc...
0xF4C3466#

Then the last should be 0
0xF4C34660, and there you go, you got an IDD.

You can do over 2,000 textures  :)

edited the values you can use...

Edited by BarbyW as this is very confusing. You ONLY need to take that digit 5 uses anything from 4 to f as SC4Tool will take care of everything else.

Pat

OK I think I am starting to grasp the knowladge here... So as long as I dont reuse that number IE 0xF4C34660 I would be safe? But could I change up the 66 to say IE 55 for the next texture and do I still have to change the 34 or could I leave that alone and be good cause I just changed the 66?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Heblem

Ive used 66 just as any number i got in head... you can use 66, c4, f8, 14, 5c, 9d, etc etc...

As for 34, again its another number I picked, you can pick from 1 to 7 (first digit) and 4 to F (second digit), the example was 34, but could be 7F, 4A, 25, etc etc

btw ive edited my post for better understanding  ;)

BarbyW

First of all, Heblem is confusing you with including the 0x in the calculations. Ignore that 0x and count from the left in the range given.
I downloaded your pack and see that you have started your numbering with f4c00044. Let's look at this:
f4c0 is your personal IID family range
0 is the wealth level indicator
04 indicate dilapidation levels
4 indicates the zoom level
If you are not making a set of textures that change with wealth then you need to make sure that your first texture begins f4c04000. SC4Tool will take care of the 6 to 8th digits for you. Each time you make a set of textures just keep an eye on digit 5.
The important thing to check is the fifth digit. As a rule of thumb do not use 0,1, 2, or 3 in that position.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Pat

Hey Barby thank you for stopping in.... So is that why when I did a test lot in LE it worked just fine but when I went into the game all I got was just the first texture in the Dat file I had made showing up on the whole lot...  the lot size was 6x6... I used all the textures I had made...  But still I had just the first texture with the straight paw prints showing on the whole 6x6 lot...

So as long as I make sure that the start of the IID looks like so f4c04 is like and then I use the next free IID button I should be OK?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BarbyW

Yes you should but just keep an eye on digit 5 in Sc4Tool every time you make a set of textures. SC4Tool will take care of everything else apart from that. :thumbsup:

Pat

Barby thank you soo much, I think I follow now....

Heblem

Barby, so im doing it wrong again...   &ops need to know before to continue making more and more incorrect textures...  &mmm

Thanks for your help!

BarbyW

I forgot I had posted this at the start of SC4D but it may help you with making your textures.

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=9.0

Pat

thanks for the pointer there Barby!!!  :thumbsup: