• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SSPTool

Started by Stefan79, January 19, 2009, 11:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shanghai kid

UPDATE & PROBLEM SOLVED ;D :thumbsup:

@Diggis
The only folder i have with "~" in front is your "~DAMN Remove Lots" folder for the pond and stream lots.

@Stefan79
Problem solved, thanks for all the help.
Solution/fix found is that SimCity loads numbers after letters &idea (a-b-z-->then loads-->1-2-3 & not 1-2-3-->then loads-->a-b-z) i tested with a folder where i removed the number and it worked, the lots was hidden ;D.

Then i tried another folder that had the number "10." starting the folder name(where the lots shows up in the game menu's & DAMN), and removed the "10." and replaced it with "a_", + also testing with just deleting "10." from the folder name, without re-running SSPTool to fix things/re-installing/re-indexing to DAMN, both times the lots shows up in DAMN and are hidden from the game menu's as it should.

So now i just have to remove the numbers from the folder names and replace them with a letter(example "a_") so i know which folders is the old ones(the ones i used to have with numbers) and which is un-zipped downloads, and re-DAP these folders.

Edit: welcome to page 7 ;D
Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"
(Bam Bam Bigelow & Eddie Guerrero R.I.P).

Stefan79

Hi shanghai kid,

good to hear its not SSPTool or DAMN itself.  ;)

But I think its worth to mention the load order in the DAMN Creator to prevent errors that might be occur like yours. I will add a text in the next version.

Btw, next version is in process with French language support, some little improvements and a new version of the LotEditor.

Stefan
SSP = Stefan's Self-made Productions

Diggis

Looks like you have discovered some thing not many people, if any, knew.  Just checked with RippleJet and he didn't.  If Barby doesn't either then I would guess no one does.  ;)

RippleJet

Quote from: Diggis on September 23, 2009, 01:04:45 AM
If Barby doesn't either then I would guess no one does.  ;)

We still need to check that with Wouanagaine though... ::)

threestooges

Oh he knows, he just wouldn't want to make us feel inferior by admitting it. (for those of you who have never heard the Legend of Wouanagaine)

In all seriousness, nice test with that. I know I've been foiled more than once by test lots obscuring each other. This is a good thing to keep an eye out for.

powerpill-pacman

Hello,
a really great tool. Thanks for your work.
I have a problem though. When using DAMN-Creator everything worked fine, qith two exceptions. When trying to create DAMN-menus for MAS71's Highwalls and MAS71's Walls pack i the Creator gets stuck after step 2 when processing the lots. This is a part of the log when trying to creat lots from 01_Mas71-Walls2_Essentials.dat:
Exception in thread "Thread-10" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
        at ssp.dbpf4j.ext.TGIKey.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at ssp.ssptool.plugins.damn.util.DAMNListWorker.run(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "Thread-13" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
Exception in thread "Thread-19" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
Exception in thread "Thread-25" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
Exception in thread "Thread-51" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
Exception in thread "Thread-57" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
Exception in thread "Thread-62" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
Exception in thread "Thread-65" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0

I don't know what to read from that. Perhaps someone here can help.

Stefan79

Hi powerpill-pacman,

this is the right place for your problem, but I' afraid I have to test it on my own with more debug option to find the error. Maybe there is a bug in the DAMN Editor, maybe something wrong with MAS71 Walls. I download the packages and test it.
Btw I develop SSPTool nearly each day and fix bugs I found or improve other things but don't upload it every day when its not a critical error. So it might be your error is already fixed.

powerpill-pacman

Wow, that was fast. Thanks your your quick reply. Where can i get the latest version of your tool. Only when you upload it or can you send it to me in order to check, whether it has been fixed.

Stefan79

The latest version can be downloaded from LEX or Sourceforge. When I upload a new version I post it here.

I've found the problem in MAS71 Walls2 Set. The 01_Mas71_Walls2_Essentials.dat has something internal wrong. I will tell Mas71 about it, so he can fix it and publish a corrected version. Sorry for this, I could correct it, but I won't do, cause its his package.

powerpill-pacman

I totally understand that. Thanks for the help anyway.

Stefan79

For all,
who wants to "damn" the MAS71 Walls, see here for a new version:
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2897.0

He fixed the problem that cause errors in DAMN Creator.
Btw, I will implement a little thing to prevent further errors caused by wrong dataTypes in next version.

shanghai kid

Quote from: Diggis on September 23, 2009, 01:04:45 AM
Looks like you have discovered some thing not many people, if any, knew.  Just checked with RippleJet and he didn't.  If Barby doesn't either then I would guess no one does.  ;)

:o Have little me "The lurking devil" discovered something that two great members/creators and experts(atleast imo) RippleJet & Barby hasn't, now that is very surprising to me but it's a good thing though that this has been discovered as perhaps others has some problems one way or another, and that my discovery meight solve their problem.  ;D ;D ;D
Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"

koki373737

Hello,

Thank you very much for this amazing tool, I cant believe after all this time Im actually able to hide itens from the menu : )
Just wondering, what would be the best procedure for datpacket files? Can I use datpcker with DAMN and the hide-from-menu feature? If so, should I hide and then pack or can I work directly with datpacked huge files?
(sorry If this has been answered before, checked the board but couldnt find a specific answer)

Thanks again!

Brightstar

I have just downloaded the SSP and when I use the Start.bat I get the following error:

'java' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Does anyone recognise this?  I do have jre6 but I have no idea if it is working right.  I am using a new laptop (HP) with Windows Vista Business installed - there have been a few glitches as Business doesn't always do things the same as other versions of Vista....

I tried opening it using the jar file - but my system insists I don't have the right program to open it.  I tried associating java but it didn't like that much either - the window flashed up but went away again.

I do already have the DAMN installed....also the SSP is parked in my Program Files. 

Any help would be most appreciated.

shanghai kid

Quote from: koki373737 on October 03, 2009, 05:17:34 PM
Hello,

Thank you very much for this amazing tool, I cant believe after all this time Im actually able to hide itens from the menu : )
Just wondering, what would be the best procedure for datpacket files? Can I use datpcker with DAMN and the hide-from-menu feature? If so, should I hide and then pack or can I work directly with datpacked huge files?
(sorry If this has been answered before, checked the board but couldnt find a specific answer)

Thanks again!

First hide the files then DAT pack the files, as i don't think SSPTool works with DAT packed files - atleast not in the current version but maybe in a future version.

Stefan79 can answer this better then me as he's the creator and i'm a amateur using this program, though in the process found something nobody else has found out apparently, as stated in my post on top of this page with the post headline "UPDATE & PROBLEM SOLVED".
Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"

Stefan79

Hi together,

so I have to do so much in RL again, I have to move the next version a little bit forward. But I try to work on it, at every free minute...

@koki373737: I haven't test DAT packed files with SSPTool yet, but I will do this soon und post it here. But I think its better, first to DAMN and then to DAT pack, as the DAT packed files are big with many lots and something reduced of images.

@Brightstar: Open a console and enter "java -version". If there is no version information, then Java is NOT or NOT properly installed. Install it again.

Diggis

The SSP tool works with Dat Packed files, however, I wouldn't recommend it as they are large and it loads all of them and displays all the LOTs in there, 100's sometimes.

With the hiding of the lots, I would recommend NOT datpacking that folder, makes things a little easier if you need to change something.

camaro_69_327

Thank you.
Thank You!
   Thank you !!!!! &apls

Normally i don't Post in threads.  But had to take a break from Truly organizing sc4's menus. Everything is working as advertised. Even My mouse is thanking you.(lol) No more scroling up and down, down and back up.

Win Vista x64
UAC =  Off
C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe
C:\Users\Dark\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins

Now off to the other DAMN thread to thank him also.

Amazing Work !   

P.S.  I was around back when this was said to be impossible......lol

SpeedyFarrar

I have the same problem as Brightstar.  Java is properly installed.  SSP Tool worked fine in Vista but not with Windows 7.

EDIT: Got it working.

SC4BOY

Since it "didn't work" and now it "works" perhaps you might explain why so  others with Win7 might not make your mistake.