• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Greenacre

Started by threestooges, December 24, 2008, 03:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albus of Garaway

Great video. It's a perfect portrayal of the feeling of Greenacre. Oh, and best song-choice ever! ;) 

Pat

Mat wow!!! That video was WICKED!!!!  Contest?? Huu whaa??? Anyways there is a work around if you want to use songs that you want without using youtube ;)  Anyways I would use fileden to host the video and it works in the same way...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

That's a nice video with a lot of wonderful pictures in it! Nice promotion to Greenacre! :thumbsup:

threestooges

Replies:
-Casper (caspervg): No reason to apologize. Always good to see you here. I'm sure the Highsbury government wouldn't mind footing the bill for one of their distinguished ambassadors like yourself. Perhaps we can reciprocate the embassy thing. Hope all is well with you.

-Joan (Jmouse): Glad you liked the music. It's not what I had originally intended, but it fit. The clips were originally cued to a different song, but youtube and its copyright stuff wasn't having any of it. Glad you liked the parks. They're fun to make. Greenacre has been as much about experimentng with new styles as it has been just having fun.

-Dustin (thundercrack83): Thanks for the compliment Dustin. There were a few things that got put on hold in the last bit of the month, but overall I really enjoyed this. There are a few things planned down the line here too. Hopefully I can get them together as we go here. I'm not sure that there is necessarily a template for how to do well in OSITM, but I'm certainly glad to hear I met expectations.

-carkid1998: Welcome to Greenacre. No reason to cry. Greenacre is as real as necessary. Just contact your local MD travel agency and they'll be happy to book you a room. At present we don't have an international airport, so you'll likely have to make a connecting flight from LAX or John Wayne in the LA area, but it's worth it.

-David (Simpson): Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Perhaps I'll do another one of these in the future. It took a bit of time, but it was fun to make. As for the next update, well, you'll see.

-Battlecat: Glad you liked it. I'm still looking to see if there is a way to show it with the original soundtrack, but I thought it would be a fitting end for the month. Speaking of what's next, see below.

-Albus of Garaway: Glad you liked it. All the pictures from the month really came together nicely (almost like I had this planned or something). The song is another story. If you play the video at the same time as the theme from Green Acres, you'll see what it was supposed to be like. Always good to see you.

-Pat: Sounds like a possibility. You'll have to tell me the details next time we're on MSN. Glad you liked the video. Given the number that you have made, that's a fair compliment too.

-bat: Thanks bat. Most of them were the ones I came up with during this month. Glad you enjoyed it. Feel free to book a trip to Greenacre any time (or contact a real estate office to ask about home prices).

I want to thank all of you who posted last month. OSITM was fun and I'm glad you all enjoyed the quick trip around Greenacre. However, after showing bits and pieces of the whole thing, I'm not sure where to take you all next. Since you've all been around the island, I thought I'd try something new.

You all get to pick the next spot to tour. You've seen the general area. Just let me know where you want to go. You can identify it with one of the numbers of the previous pics, or you can just indicate a spot on the map (try to be as descriptive as you can) or even just a type of area. The spot that generates the most interest/best reason is where we'll head next.

Here's a quick pic to refresh the recollection:

I'll check back in a few days to see what the verdict is. Until then, take it easy.
-Matt

Battlecat

That's a cool idea.  Northwest (By the arrows on your map) of the lake up behind the cliffs there is an area of forest that is a similar size and shape to the lake.  Just past that is a developed area we haven't visited yet.  At least that's what I think it is.  Anything interesting up there? 

Jmouse

Actually there are several areas on the overview which look interesting.

I've wondered about
the wooded northwest corner for some time now, and there's another wooded area due west of the numbers 14 and 20. Of course, you still have a bunch of islands to develop, too. I'm sure whatever direction you decide to take next time will be an entertaining experience.

Later...
Joan

Pat

shhhhhhh Joan I think something fishie is happening in the woods there like a distillery  :D  OK so my intrest is well perked there too Matt lol....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dedgren

Rural or Urban
Business or Pleasure
Greenacre
We're there for you

That, and the music, Matt, just caught that PBS/BBC "documentary" ambiance perfectly.

I'd like to know more about Crater Lake- is it like the Salton Sea- landlocked, saline and full of agricultural gunk or has it somehow escaped that fate?  What is the large tab-shaped projection into it on the north shore?

Inquiring minds want to know.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Simpson

Nice region picture, as well Matt  &apls
I'm looking forward to the next update my friend  ::)

David
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

bat

Nice new region shot there, Matt!
Looking forward to more from this region / island(s)... ;)

threestooges

Replies:
-Battlecat: There are many interesting things around there. It's also one of the oldest parts of the region (and thus in great need of repair and such) however, there is a really nice campground we will pay a visit too. Thanks for the suggestion.

-Joan (Jmouse): The northwest corner will have to wait for some time now, but the area just west of 14 and 20 (well, you already know a bit about it) will be our next stop. Thanks for the thoughts.

-Pat: What? A distillery? No... that can't be right. There were at least 12 of them up there last time we checked. Most of them are legit too. They say it's something about the weather up there. It's those illegitmate ones you want to watch out for. Good rule of thumb is that if it's green it's probably best to avoid it (wonder what they're going to do for St. Patrick's day... hmm...). Always good to see you.

-David (dedgren): David! Haven't seen you around these parts for a while. Glad you liked the video. It was meant to run with the Green Acres theme instead, but it seems that things still under copyright by WMG... the replacement music worked quite well though.

And it's all made possible with the support of viewers like you!

Crater Lake has in fact avoided the fate of the Salton Sea. Fortunately the area gets plenty of rain, and the creeks that flow down from the mountain there help to keep the water diluted and clean. There is some agricultural gunk, but it's not that salty. There is discussion of building a treament facility down there (mostly for the event of a worst case scenario) but the main sticking point seems to be who will foot the bill on the project.

And if you call and pledge your support today, we'll throw in a free Greenacre tote bag at no extra charge! (I think I've lost it)

The tab-shaped projection is the local marina. It services local boats and also several seaplanes (Ripptide's CdS Seaplane Base - locked on the LEX for some reason). There are a few other entance points people use for the lake, but this is the only formal/paved one.

Always good to see you.

-David (Simpson): Thank you David. It was just something to refresh everyone's memories before we get going again.

-bat: Thanks bat. More is on the way.

Sorry I've been away for a while. After that promotional campaign last month I thought it would be good to take some time off and let things settle down. The higher-ups tell me the ad was well received both at home and abroad. Hopefully this will lead to more tourism in the future. Today's update takes us to one of the best places in Greenacre to get away from it all.

Sierra Camp Regional Park is one of the larger spots in Greenacre that has been preserved. The only development on this land has been a campsite. Here's the entrance. That little store there is the last spot to pick up the essentials (like toilet paper) and it's a long drive back down if you forget something, so make sure you run through before heading on up.

The drive up there is a pleasant one. in addition to some excellent vistas there are all sorts of sights along the way. The area practically bursts to life in the spring time. Wild horses can be seen grazing among the wildflowers.

I know this was a short little bit, but rest assured, more is on the way. I'm just going to run up ahead and make sure everything is prepared for our arrival. Until next time.

Swamper77

Quote from: threestooges on March 16, 2009, 06:57:59 PM
The tab-shaped projection is the local marina. It services local boats and also several seaplanes (Ripptide's CdS Seaplane Base - locked on the LEX for some reason). There are a few other entance points people use for the lake, but this is the only formal/paved one.

That file has been locked because it has been converted into a functional airport with the AC Functional Airports. It says so in the download description and gives the link I just provided.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Battlecat

Nice update!  That is a great natural area and a very scenic road!  Looking forward to seeing what else is up the road there. 

art128

Hey Matt, sorry for not posting here more often ..
Your last updates are just fantastic my friend, the video is just perfect !  &apls
Also, your rural are is always nice my friend. Nice mix of little flora and trees, that fit perfectly.
And Matt, what is those blue lines in the top of the region ?(North East just above the residential area in the "valley" )  I don't remember to saw that before...

Take Care,

Arthur.:thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simpson

Hi Matt !  ::)
Ok this new update is, as well, superb !! &apls I really love the last picture with the RRP  :thumbsup:
I'm looking forward to the next update my friend

Take care,

David
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Jmouse

Hey Matt, the park is looking good. I'd love to see more of that railroad - to see what areas it serves.

The redwoods fit well into the scenario, and you've done a good job of placing your ground cover in the second photo. The horses are a nice touch, too. I'm anxious to see the rest of the park - I could use a few days off, and it looks like it would be a nice place to relax! :)

Later...
Joan

threestooges

Replies:
-Swamper77: First of all, welcome to Greenacre. Secondly, thanks for thr information about the Seaplane Base. It's a really nice lot and I'm glad it has been made functional.

-Battlecat: Glad you liked it. It's not much today, but it's something.

-Arthur (art128): No worries Arthur, it's always good to see you around here. I'm glad the video was well received (but if you can find a copy of the Green Acres theme, sync the video up with it and you'll see what it was meant to be like. Not sure what blue lines you are referring to, but if you could either highlight them or give a little more detail, I'd be happy to find out. The region map hasn't changed much except for the addition to show locations. Hope you enjoy today's little bit.

-David (Simpson): Glad you liked it. The RRP is really a well done addition to the flora options. I've been using it, along with gizmo's stuff quite heavily in this area. It's not really an update today (more of a teaser) but I hope you enjoy it anyway. Take it easy.

-Joan (Jmouse): We'll explore the railroad soon enough (if you haven't guessed, I like trains, heh heh). That line there is mostly an industrial service branch, but there is some decent passenger service along those lines too (the rails ring the forest up there). If you liked the stuff I used for the last picture, I think you'll enjoy what today's pic has in store. It's a very popular site, but I've made reservations for you, just give them a call to confirm the date. The cabins are quite nice.

I was hoping to avoid teasing shots and actually have an update ready (I also wanted to have it up last Friday) but getting pics of the area is taking longer than I thought, but is coming together nicely. It'll take me another trip or two up there to get everything, but until then, here're a few of the cabins up by the pond. They were built by Mouse Designs, of the NUTs Group. Excellent little structures, they'll be here for years to come.

-Matt

thundercrack83

More great stuff here, Matt!

Your use of the RRP flora is just amazing--so realistic, my friend! And your region views are always a treat, too!

Looking forward to more!

Dustin

Jmouse

Great looking campsite, Matt! The whole area, including the TPW looks terrific. You've done a great job of lotting the cabin, too. I'm very, very anxious to see how this area develops.

Later...
Joan

Battlecat

Nice cabins!  That's a picturesque area if ever I saw one.  Looking forward to seeing more as always!