• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Greenacre

Started by threestooges, December 24, 2008, 03:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simpson

Welcome to page 6

I have the 100 replies  ::)
This new update is super, I really like the second picture my friend.
I'm looking forward to the next update

Take care,

David
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Pat

Hey Matt congrats on becoming a Best Seller once you leave OSITM, who knows maybe you will hit Classics???  The bridges are looking great here and most of all I love the TPW & PW mix there!!! Great Job!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threestooges

Replies:
-Simpson: Thank you for the welcome to page 6 and congratulations on the 100th post. I am curious to know what you liked about the second pic. I tried some new tricks in it and I am curious to know what people notice in it. Thanks for stopping by, and here's the next little update.

-Pat: Thank you very much Pat, and happy birthday my friend. I am a bit surprised at the reception Greenacre has received so far. Classics would be nice, but time will tell. Until then, I'll just keep having fun with things and seeing where they go. I like how the bridges turned out, though I was thinking about breaking the rail bridge into two with the island there. What do you think? Also, did you notice the name of the creek running through there? One of these days I'll have to show the rest of the area along the creek. Also, thanks for the compliments on the water, coming from one who works with it like you, that is certainly a compliment.

Today, we're going to cut back up the coast to another major agricultural area of Greenacre ( 8 ).

This little area reminds me a bit of Green Acres (yes, that one) but the little center of Duck Creek. Persistent water is not as plentiful here as it is in the valley. Sure there is water close by, but it's the Pacific Ocean and a bit too salty for farming needs, so irrigation ditches and reservoirs dot the area. Many of the residents gather around at the general store to swap stories or grab a good soda or some other sort of beverage. There is a larger city fairly close by, but even folks from there will come out here just to relax and get away from it all. The folks around here are a welcoming bunch, so feel free to stop in and say hi.

Pat

Hey Matt thank you very much my friend its much appreciated  ;) I am hopping to have a great day lol... gotta travel and see my mom and a lawyer  :)  Dont worry I am a good boy lol... Anyways about the breaking of the bridge I think it would be a good idea as I was looking at more... At first I thought it was fine but thinking of a example where I know a bridge like that is actualy broken up is in my hometown of Rockford, IL...

Tried to see if I could find a pic of it online nope go figure lol... Anyways about the name of the creek I just caught it now and that is sweet!!! Firehouse Creek now I would be intreted in knowing how that creek got its name for sure...  See you next update,

cheers

Patrick

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Battlecat

Nice farming area.  I like that little block of stores, looks very much like an old style farming town. 

bat

Two really nice new pictures of Greenacre there! Looking forward to more from this beautiful region... ;)

thundercrack83

Hey, Matt!

More great stuff here! I love those irrigation canals, especially. I downloaded them a while back, now I just have to find a use for them! And as always, your region views never cease to impress!

Oh, and congratulations on 100 replies, my friend! After your time in OSITM is over, you'll be headed to the Best Sellers!

Can't wait to see what you have up for us next!

Dustin

Jmouse

Hey Matt, hope better-late-than-never still holds true! Really like yesterday's photo. You did a good job on the TPW, and the little island is an especially nice touch. Of course, the bridges look great and the curve in the road looks very natural in that exact setting - not necessarily as easy as it looks.

Today's rural scene looks really good, too, and I like your use of the canals. We have irrigation ditches around here - lots of corn, cotton and rice production - but they're really ugly! Our local farmers could take a lesson in environmental aesthetics from SC4!

A very pleasant visit in Greenacre today...

Joan

threestooges

Replies:
-Pat: Glad you enjoyed and rest assured, we'll see more of the creek in the future. Hope all went well today.

-Battlecat: That's what I was going for. Glad to know I achieved it. Could probably use some parking, but we'll see. Thanks for stopping by.

-bat: Thanks bat. This month is just getting started, and there is still much to see.

-Dustin (thundercrack83): I'm not sure how well they'd fit into Marathon, but I'm sure tha tif someone could find a use for them there, you certainly could. They are a great set of lots. My compliments to SimGoober for all of his canal stuff. I can't believe I've already made it to "Best Sellers" it seems like I just started this thing. Oh well, part of the fun. Take it easy Dustin.

-Joan (Jmouse): Joan, around here there's no such thing as late. Any time is a good time. Just glad you're able to stop by. Glad you enjoyed the water, and the curve just seemed to fit right in there. It may not be as easy as it looks, but David's sure helped to make it easier. I'll admit the irriagtion ditches here are pretty clean (and I hope they stay that way) but I've seen some around farms too that match your description. No real incentive to weed them I guess. Great for plant life though. That's quite a compliment about the environmental aesthetics too. SC4 does make it easy to get some neat farms (much better than SC3K, which was a decent attempt).  Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you next time.

Today's pic (9) takes us up to the northern side of the island. It's a farming area too, but not as commercially oriented as the other two areas of the island. Many of these farms tend to be for higher end specialty stores, or for personal enjoyment (people living the "Green Acres" farming style).

Some of the bridges up this way are some of my favorites from the island. You don't see many covered bridges anymore, but this one gets the job done and also sees a fair bit of traffic too. Truck drivers should be careful though as the height limit may be a bit shorter than they expect. A few trucks have had to be pulled out after they got wedged in there. Sturdy bridge though... hardly any damage from it. The area is also home to a few wild horses, and you can see some of them grazing in the grass on the side of the road.

rooker1

Hello Matt,

The last two updates are very nice.  I really like the last one, the bridge does look great especially the setting you put it in.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

art128

Hey Matt,
the threes lasts update are really great my friend, I love that river and the details you put around it. :thumbsup:
Also th farm picture is excellent too !  ;)

Arthur.  ()stsfd()
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Ennedi

Hello Matt,

Waterfronts and irrigation canals look very good, and I love this picture:

Quote from: threestooges on February 08, 2009, 02:35:30 AM

&apls &apls &apls

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Battlecat

That's a pretty little bridge in the latest update.  Nice work on that waterway!

Jmouse

I've always loved that little covered bridge, and it looks especially good in today's photo. I didn't realize you could achieve such an illusion of depth with TPW, but the effect is excellent.

Hope you're enjoying your time in OSITM
- I certainly am... :thumbsup:
Joan

Pat

Matt looking real good here with this one!!! BTW matt check this out

threestooges

Replies:
-Robin (rooker1): Thanks Robin. I'm glad you've been enjoying the pics so far. The last two have been two of my favorites this far. Out of curiousity, are you planning any response to the Westport Council? I hope they didn't discourage you. I noticed the local businesses were behind you on it... perhaps something will happen. Always good to see you here.

-Arthur (art128): Thanks Arthur. It's amazing how much the community has at its disposal for flora. The amount of detail you can add is great. Glad you've liked the pics so far.

-Adam (Ennedi): Good to see you Adam. I'm actually tempted to enter that one into the picture competition. I think I'll wait until the bridge is released though... I like to enter pics there that others can make as well, to show what the game we all have is capable of. Maybe I should work on getting it out there. At any rate, glad you enjoyed it. Hope to see you soon.

-Battlecat: Thanks. Every once in a while things just seem to fit together. Glad you liked it.

-Joan (Jmouse): Thanks Joan. I'm not sure if there is a real one there, but Yosemite Natl Park is what inspired the design. I never did like the game covered bridge too much... really steep roof and all. I think I got lucky with the apparent depth of the TPW too. Best I can tell is that the crater I made to use the rain tool let a fair bit of the bridge pillar show through. Since we have larger tiles (2x and 3x) of TPW, it's easy to get it to overlap without getting any negative effects from the slope (though I think I did this with the basic 1x pieces). It's been a fun month so far. I'll see what I can come up with for the end.

-Pat: That is really cool Pat, and quite an honor. If the Coastline decides to renovate the bridge and break it into two sections, I'll be sure to get you an updated copy. Always good to see you.

I was trying to figure out where best to go next. I know we've seen a lot of farmland, and there is more to Greenacre than just farms, but since we're up here, and I mentioned the recreational farming (as it were), I thought it would be a good idea to get a picture of it too. We're just down the road here at (10).

As I mentioned during our trip through the Valley, apples are one of the principle crops of Greenacre and the climate up here really seems to help their growth. The owners of this farm (with the fancy looking prefab hut things) do a fine business shipping their crop across the island. The big draw however comes during apple season. They are one of the hosts of Apple Days. and annual celebration, and people come to such farms from all over to pick some from the trees themselves. They don't get fresher than that (unless you eat them off the tree, which could be a bit awkward).

Pat

Matt that is soo wonderful there with that farm!!!  I would so love to see apple day celebration... I knew you would love that and did you notice in my update that a banner also features your pic too  ;)  I couldnt resist its that great of pic and I love it!!!

art128

very nice picture again Matt, I like the way that the road have no sidewalk..  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Picture 9 and 10 are really wonderful! Great work on them!
Looking forward to picture 11...

Sciurus

Very nice pic, and region :o
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *