• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Missing in Action!

Started by dedgren, March 07, 2007, 12:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

@ Andreas wow that is something else can you please relay my deepest and heartfelt prayers to Khiyana and let her know that I will be praying for her........

Welcome Back Nascar_Guy.....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

quackmofro

I'm not well known around these forums, but hearing about Khiyana's accident, I must send out my prayers as well, for her tragic loss and for a speedy recovery.

Does anyone know what happened to Chrisadams3997? He hasn't posted since November and left several B.A.T. projects (including the RRP) unfinished. Perhaps RL has taken over?

Pat

I bet that is the best ansewer there Quackmofro... Same way as in Dogfight he also has gone MIA as well..... But where ever they are, I hope all is well with them and as well hopping that Khiyana is still recovering well...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

JoeST

I am going to be MIA (hopefully  $%Grinno$% ) self imposed break from the internet so I can get my A-levels

and when I come back (June) I will have turned 18 heheh, and will also be doing some coding... and as this topic is a good idea and looks to be forgotten I will PLEDGE now that when I come back I will update it whenever I can

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Pat

Joe you take it easy Buddy and I do hope to catch you on MSN every so often at least to say the most.....  Happy Early Birthday M8!!!!

Starmanw402007

I dont really know u Nascar Guy. But I take it that you are a Nascar Fan. Perhaps I could use some tips from u in taking over 1st place in UL Nascar League  ;D $%Grinno$%. I'm currently in 3rd place.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Pat Riot

Ive talked to chris Adams recently, he has just given up sc4

Pat

that bites, if you talk to him again tell him we all miss him!!!

JoeST

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!

say hi from me, tell him thanks for inspiring me to join and talk in this forum :)

Joe

Diggis

Quote from: Pat Riot on April 26, 2008, 08:40:03 AM

Any chance we can get his unreleased stuff?  He had some great stuff in the pipeline.

Andreas

He used to have a few beta testers, so maybe we're able to collect some of his work. But in any case, we should try to contact him and ask if he can send us the files, maybe somebody can continue his work. :)
Andreas

Orange Julius

Quote from: Pat Riot on April 26, 2008, 08:40:03 AM

Well, that...that's bad news. He got me a picture of a fireworks stand I intended to BAT and I was pretty interested in the Rural Renewal Project because that's just what I needed...a bit of real Texas in my city! Random ranch dirt paths that lead seemingly nowhere, wildflowers (he made a bluebonnet teaser, but nothing came of it...), tubers down a river, and random grazing cows that actually stay there instead of vaporizing one day.

Here's the interesting part...I live in the same town as he! Yup, good old College Station...

Unfortunately, I looked his number up in a (relatively recent) phonebook...45 "Adams"s, and not one Chris to be found.

Bizarrely, googling him (and the city) turns up a few results, confirming what I could've guessed, a college student living near campus.
It doesn't give his apartment number, though: I'd hate to be harassed by a bunch of strangers from an Internet forum.

Although I've never batted anything, I definitely know the types of stuff he was trying to shoot for...
Gone now...

dedgren

It's been quite a while since I routinely updated the lists in this thread.  That's one of the downsides about growth- back when SC4D's membership was numbered in the hundreds, I could keep more or less ongoing track of almost everybody.  I pretty much stopped by every thread with new posting in it every day, and had a pretty good handle on who was coming and going.

Now, our membership is approaching 10,000 folks.  There are almost 3,800 threads and that number grows by about eight every day.  I still get around quite a bit, but the thing has grown far beyond my ken on any given day.

That said, there remains the significance of friends who are missed.  Here at SC4D, at least for me, it is far more, as I read back in a thread, than wondering as I come across a comment made by someone whose nic I haven't seen for awhile, "Yeah, I wonder whatever happened to old whatshername..."  I find myself often clicking on that member's link, looking to see when he or she was last around.  Sometimes I go further, clicking on the "View Last Posts" link and reading once again some of what that person had to say to us.  Usually I find something that brings a smile- "Oh, man, I remember that one."

One of the benefits of cyberspace is that, by its nature, fairly well organized data accumulates without a lot of tending.  You just have to know where to look, or what link to click to organize it.  Sometimes it takes a little effort to extract what you'd like to know from what you find, but one's search, if you know what you're looking for, rarely goes completely unrewarded.

Back when I did this before, the threshold for making the MIA list was making 20 posts and then being gone for more than two weeks.  The lists grew up into the 20s or so, and we then moved folks who hadn't been around for two months onto a separate "Gone but not forgotten" list.  Some folks came back, others didn't but were spotted elsewhere in the SC4 community.  A few have simply disappeared, as is fairly easy to do in cyberspace.  We will always assume the best of reasons, and hope that we will someday see our friends again.

I've given some thought to how we could recapture at least some of the orderliness of our old MIA list system.  Here's the best I've come up with to date: On or about the last day of each month we will post a list of the site's Citizens (those folks who have made 64 or more comments in the forums) who haven't been seen during that month.  We'll note the date the member was last on SC4D.  After a member has shown up on the list three months running, we'll reactivate the "Gone but not forgotten" list and move those folks onto it.  We'll also probably devise an index post (maybe using the first one on an updated basis) so each month's lists will be fairly easy to find.  Your suggestions, as always, as to how we could improve on these ideas are always welcome.

David

Oh, and here's the list of those Missing in Action (and when she or he last was on SC4D) for April, 2008.

Heinz     May 17, 2007
Elektra     July 10, 2007
villaV     July 27, 2007
Flipside     July 27, 2007
Thornton     August 01, 2007
Adriano57     September 19, 2007
Doc     November 19, 2007
Fred_Ginger     November 19, 2007
Snaper     December 10, 2007
dogfight     December 19, 2007
sobol     December 21, 2007
joelevan     December 25, 2007
ssc4k     January 03, 2008
Sober     January 12, 2008
RichGray     January 13, 2008
petercintn     January 15, 2008
dmscopio     January 25, 2008
flame1396     January 25, 2008
Alek King of SC4     February 16, 2008
Cali     February 17, 2008
Bluebeard     February 20, 2008
dioangel     February 21, 2008
bixel     February 23, 2008
SAC     February 26, 2008
meinhosen     February 27, 2008
Bobbo     February 29, 2008
MsD     March 06, 2008
capo     March 09, 2008
bat56     March 13, 2008
pickled_pig     March 16, 2008
pipishere     March 16, 2008
rushman5     March 19, 2008
fernby     March 20, 2008
MIncroabl     March 27, 2008
Swesim     March 28, 2008
Zaphod     March 28, 2008
Crissa     March 31, 2008

We hope, if you're on the list, that you'll stop by soon and let us hear from you. -DE

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Diggis

Quote from: Andreas on April 28, 2008, 09:59:53 AM
He used to have a few beta testers, so maybe we're able to collect some of his work. But in any case, we should try to contact him and ask if he can send us the files, maybe somebody can continue his work. :)

I've sent him an email to the address he was using for Beta testing.  I haven't heard back yet, but fingers crossed.  I do have some of his Rural work for testing, but won't release it with out his say so.

Pat

David that is impresive to say the least for the list and remember folks we will leave the light on for you!!!  Also David Dont forget to remove from the gone but not forgoten list Aj hes active here lol.. Meinhosen is active duty again that much I do know for sure and also someone else that should make the list is Glenn aka Glepet, havent seen him on in for ever...

JoeST

Thanks for updating the list David (with your extra-administratory powers of power it isnt hard as it sounds, but still hard enough)

Joe

paroch

Funny when you read the list you remember reading some of their posts.

I miss Sober - Kelvin, I believe.  I wonder if he's still lurking?

And not on the list is capo, (last post in Feb) who had an amazing MD going and we had quite a few conversations.  I have his email address so will drop him a line.

Good list David, thanks.

EDITAnd thank you, Paul.  I have added Heinz, Snaper, flame1396. Bluebeard and capo, as your calling the latter to my attention made me realize I had missed them while editing the list.  It should be correct now. -DE

Khiyana

Hi folks!

I want to thank you all for your thoughts and wishes  :)
I know that I don't write a lot, because I can read and understand english well, but writing.... &ops
Physically I'm OK now, psychically most of the time (bad times are mornings, when I wake up in a big empty bed  ()sad() )

But the great membership around SC4 helped me a lot, I'm very happy about this!

And I have to say, that's a great achievement to bring people from all over the world so peaceful togetheter (phew, I hope you understand what I want to say  $%Grinno$% )

Best regards, Khiyana

JoeST

I am very thankful that you are alrigth Khiyana and your English is very understandable :)

Thanks for popping in and telling us  :thumbsup:

and yeah it is great that such a large amount of people can get along with relatively little conflict ... all praise to the admins and moderators for that :)

Joe

Pat

&apls &apls woohoo Khiyana Im so glad to see you again!!! You have been in my prayers since Andrea's has told us what had happend,  I know it sucks to wake up and not to have your loved one by your side...

One thing I love about this community is we are all here for the same thing the love of the game!!!  All of us are like a family and that is what it feels like here at Devotions!!!

So from one family member to anther anytime you need to talk or vent PM me OK!!!