• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Take a Tour!- An MD of the Mid-Atlantic U.S.

Started by Travis, March 03, 2007, 09:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

LOVE the maps, my friend, especially the big one with the Hurricane Evacuation Routes on them! And that nuclear plant in the first picture is quite stunning. Have fun on your vacation!

Pat

Travis that is not a problem at alll great little teaser there and i hope to see a wonderful full
blown update when you get that chance - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Travis

Hello everyone; vacation's over, time for an update...

Replies...

@Aaron: Thanks! Glad you liked that suburban pic- there's plenty more to come on that front. As for OIA, it definitely is an interesting place,
but to be honest, I liked Atlantic City Int'l a lot better. Orlando's is way too large and confusing, where ACI is just one terminal and 10 or so gates.

No, I went to New Jersey, visiting friends, family etc...

I do intend on Radston Int'l being a fairly urban airport, surrounded mostly be light industry. Thanks for pointing me toward those satellite
pics, they helped quite a bit. Hope to see you again soon.  :thumbsup:

@thundercrack83: Thank you my friend! Glad you liked the map, I put quite a lot of time into it. Those "Evacuation Route" signs do add a
nice touch, don't they?

@Pat: Glad you like the teaser. Hope you like this update too...

Anyway, I'll give you all a status report:

Radston Int'l Airport: 70% completed
Airport Commercial District: 80% completed
Industrial District: 50% completed

...So it will still be a week or two. It's all one HUGE update, split in three (or four, if necessary) parts.
To fill the gap, I'll show an out-of-region rural area, a very old one, that I made last fall.

The pics...

A small town...

Houses by the railroad tracks...

A church...

A motel and diner...

Some farms...

An Avenue...

Random intersection...

A bright summer day...

And lastly, yet another teaser for the next update...

Okay, that's it for today, folks. I hope you enjoyed this brief change of pace.

Next time, hopefully, we'll get to see the long-awaited airport. I'll see you then!

Later.

:thumbsup:

Pat

Sweeeeeee travis looking really good cant wait to see some more - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

pickled_pig

I agree that Orlando's very confusing - probably the most confusing airport I've been to (though LAX and Detroit were their own challenges).

The rural area reminds me of a bunch of towns US-19 passes by in West Virginia, though in the WV examples there was always a bunch of big-box shopping right outside of the town as opposed to agriculture.

-aaron

thundercrack83

Your rural areas look splendid, Travis! The farms look very realistic, and I absolutely love the "Bright Summer Day" shot! Great work, my friend! Keep it up!

bat

Great pictures of that rural area, Travis! Fantastic update! :thumbsup:

jayo

Wow!,This journal is really nice and picturesque.Hope to see more!Its amazing!!!" ()stsfd() ;)
I'm back

Travis

A quick update...

In a hurry today, so I'll just say thank you to Pat, Aaron, Dustin, bat and jayo.  :thumbsup:

Anyway, that huge update is only a few days away, just need to tie up a few loose ends, and then the pics are ready for processing.
I'll post a few pics of lots I made myself that will be seen in the update...

This one will be included in the Industrial District...

This is an older one I made last summer; It's located near the airport terminal...

This one will also be featured in the industrial district...

A small lot I made that will be part of a construction site...

And the most important one...

I'll see you in a few days for the mega-update- don't miss it!

Later.

Pat

Travis those lots are awsome man... Cant wait to see the update - pat

Travis

It's time for the big update...

@pat, thanks!

Update 22, Part One

Okay, so we'll start at the main airport terminal and work our way out from there...

The main entrance terminal of Radston International Airport, with the U.S. Airways hub partly visible in the upper right corner...

Continuing down the terminal, we'll see the tram line, which connects the airport with the city's subway system...

Several hotels directly across from the airport...

Some parking and a taxi lot...

Returning to the airport, we'll see the Delta hub...

A close-up...

Zooming out, we can see small portions of both runways...

Plenty of parking spots available...

Overpass construction underway on Airport Rd...

A close-up...

Some smaller aircraft...

That wraps up part one- part two will be up tonight, and we'll see the rest of the airport. Don't miss it!
Comments are welcome.  :)

Later.

PS: You should probably stick around for Part Three, too...  ;)

Pat

LoL welll duh of course i will be in pt 2 an 3 LoL.... Travis i love your airport so detailed and better then mine wow... so you giving me a few ideas of what to do for my airport allread and will watch the next for more idea's
to steal errr ummm use LoL - pat

Snaper

Wooow Travis, I missed your 2 update, they are wonderful  &apls

I like much this building site on the last update, it's very well made  :thumbsup:

Bravo l'ami  ;)

Travis

We're back for part 2...

@Pat, Thanks pat! I can't wait to see you put those ideas into action. In the mean time, steal away!

@Snaper, thank you! Glad you like the building site, my friend.  :)

Anyway, we'll pick up where we left left off earlier today...

Update 22, Part Two

Some hotels and restaurants...

Some parked planes...

Moving north a bit, we see Airport Rd on the left, and Williams St on the right...

Back to the airport, we can see the west runway on top, and the east runway on the bottom...

Another view of the east runway, with the Delta hub partly visible in the corner...

A view of the Continental Airlines hub...

A look at the International Hub, serving TWA, Japan Airlines, KLM Airlines, Air France and Air Canada...

A close-up...

A nice patch of woods past the airport...

More parking...

A quiet night...

That wraps up part two, part three will be up tomorrow night. I'll see you then!
Comments anyone?

Later.

thundercrack83

WOW!

That airport looks massive, Travis! I'd love to see a zoomed-out picture, just to get an idea of its size! Great work, as always, my friend!

bat

Fantastic pictures of that airport, Travis! Great work! Looking forward to more... :thumbsup:

Mulefisk

Best. Airport. Ever.

Seriously, the ammount of time it looks like you put into it is impressive. The main terminal looks fantastic, and the general layout is excellent.

Can't wait to see more! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

rooker1

Wow.......super work on the airport.  Looks very realistic and I like how you grouped the different types of planes together.  I hope we can see some more pictures of the airport, maybe some higher views, just to get a better idea of the over all picture. 

&apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Travis

Thanks for the comments everyone! It's time for part three...
@thundercrack83, Thanks! As for the airport's size, I tried to make it a medium between real-life scale, and SC4 scale. I think it turned
out pretty good.  :) I was planning on saving the overviews for part four, but I'll throw one in at the end of this post.  :thumbsup:
@bat, thanks, bat!
@Mulefisk, Wow, thank you! Indeed, I've been working on it since June. Glad you like it!
@Robin, Thank you! Glad you think it's realistic- that is my main goal. Check the bottom of the post for that overview.  ;)

Now today, we're moving over to the industrial area- consisting mostly of warehouses and shipping/freight companies, directly across
Radston International Airport, on the opposite side of Interstate 318. Let's get started...
Update 22, Part Three
Looking east, you can see the airport on the bottom, and the industrial district on top...

The interchange of I-318 and State Road 205, which provides quick access to the airport...

Some warehouses near the interchange, SR-5A on top, Webster St below...

Another angle...

A close-up, showing some of the detail...

The Harrison Railroad Spur on its way to the suburbs...

An overpass...

More warehouses...

More Industry. Note the continuance of the the power lines...

Another overpass...

And the Airport overview...

That wraps up part three, part 4 will be up tomorrow night. I'd like to hear some comments.  :)

Later.

bat

Great pictures of that industrial area! Wonderful work! :thumbsup: