• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Commonwealth of Marathon

Started by thundercrack83, November 05, 2008, 02:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

UPDATE LV
352¼!? (Or, Introducing Telegraph Park)
5 February 2012

It's almost been a year—352¼ days approximately—since the last "According to Hoyle" update here in Marathon. Boy, I remember when I used to have to wait on them, just to space them out so I didn't lose anything! How the times have changed.

Anyway, we can wax nostalgic later. Lets go...

...here, to Tile C. See that empty spot? We're going to fill it, I s'pose. With...

...these!

Let's go back for a second...

...to these lots' new homes, and start plopping them down...

And for a closer look at some places...

Finally, a night shot...

...because the lighting on the Allianz Arena is outstanding!

I have more planned for places around this area, henceforth known as Telegraph Park, so keep your eyes peeled!

More from Marathon!

dedgren

Oh man!

...I'm gonna go enjoy this and come back...

That's a gorgeous update, and a worthy return.  You've take some really exotic stuff, my friend, and made it work, no... sing together.  I can picture myself standing outside the arena.  That's pretty amazing.

What's next, Dustin?

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Battlecat

nbvc

Great work. It is always fascinating how all details your Lots fit together. &apls

art128

Excellent update, Dustin!

I really liked this part of Telegraph park. wonderful work with each of these lots, they blend really well to each other.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

JoeST

sweeeeeet you certainly are a master of custom-lot-ploppery :D *avidly waits for the next update* :p
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

apeguy

Been lurking here for a while, and I'm very impressed by what I've seen lately. ;D ;D The stadium and its surroundings fit perfectly together, your lotting work is incredible. :o :o

Also, I was wondering - where did you get that wedge-shaped building? I've never, ever seen it before, and I'd very much like to get hold of it. :)

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

RickD

Now this is awesome.  &apls Too bad, there are no real reflections in SC4. Wouldn't it be great if the Allianz Arena's nightlighting would actually reflect in the shiny office towers?
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Sciurus

Amazing and wonderful!!  &apls &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

noahclem

Stunning!  :o  The way that neighborhood flows together seems so realistic and beautiful. Excellent job on the custom lots and composition.

rooker1

Hey Dustin.
I love it when you show all the LOTs that you made and than plop them in place.  Great choice of BATs and great LOTting.  And great idea over hanging those escalators that go below ground, it helps break up the grid lines.  You should remember that trick more often than not.

Robin &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Grneyes

Is that circular road thing an underground parking lot? Is that on the LEX somewhere?

thundercrack83

David (dedgren): That's how I feel every time I stop over to 3RR, my friend! Thank you so much!

Battlecat: Thank you!

Arthur (art128): Merci beaucoup, Arthur!

Joe (JoeST): Ha! Thanks, Joe!

apeguy: Welcome to Marathon, my friend! That building is 122 Leadenhall Street by warpedone, and can be found on the STEX.

Rick (RickD): Wow! Thanks! It would be great if the reflections were real! There'd be a lot of light flashing all over the place! Hope to see you again soon!

Guillaume (Sciurus): Thank you, mon ami!

noahclem: Thank you so much for your kind words!

Robin (rooker1): Hello, Robin! Like I said to David, thank you so very much for your years of support, my friend. Without you, there would be no Marathon...literally! Your advice and critiques always make me ponder and tiptoe outside the box!

Grneyes: I looked all over the place, and I cannot seem to find out where I got that, my friend. I will keep searching, though, and let you know what I come up with. Thank you so much for stopping by, and I wish I had an answer for you! Sorry!

Sometimes, even something a seemingly monotonous as building a wall, one road tile at a time, can be relaxing...

Just building a wall and listening to the Soundtrack from Final Fantasy VI; it's almost therapeutic!

More to come!

Lowkee33

Hi,

Just stopping in to soak up some pictures :).  Do you know that your terrain is very tiled?

thundercrack83

I saw these on the STEX this afternoon...

I'll be doing so restructuring around Marathon now, I know that much!

Stay tuned!

rooker1

Always nice to see you stop by, especially with your new findings.  Is the other end of that TE'd?  I think I may have to check out that DL for myself, does look very, very interesting.

Robin &apls
Call me Robin, please.

art128

Ah, i'm not a fan of these parkings personally, I don't like them because they don't blend very well with the transit enabled lot.

But it's a nice picture anyway. ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Swordmaster

Good to see this great city still alive and kicking, Dustin. Great glass buildings there.

Cheers,
Willy

Sciurus

That's great! &apls  Oh... but I downloaded it too! :D
Always a pleasure to see that you write some words in french ;)
Guillaume &apls
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Speedbump Joey

Hello,

Long time lurker. One of the first MD's I first viewed was your project, The Commonwealth of Marathon. My my what a wonderful lurk it has been!