• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Commonwealth of Marathon

Started by thundercrack83, November 05, 2008, 02:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warconstruct

very beautiful view ! great job ! beau travaille mon ami  ;)
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

penguin007

Wow what a little area there!!! the golf course looks great there btw

Will

nedalezz

Great aerial shot! The area looks absolutely amazing; the golf course looks amazing as well. And the way everything blends in with the sea...just wow.

canyonjumper

Great shot, Dustin!

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

armagin

Hello! Im a long time lurker (really really really long, as in, since your page 20 long) I've confined myself mostly to Simtropolis and I come over here mostly to browse the LEX and check out a few CJs (mostly yours), however I felt guilty for never saying anything especially since I want to start becoming a bit more active on this forum... So here it is:

Great job, love the work you're doing Dustin!!! You've been an inspiration to me for well over a year now and when I do start something up in the next few weeks here's hoping you can come on down and let me know what you're thinking about some of my work! (feel free to have a gander at the link in my sig  :P)

PS. I am really sorry for never making my presence known for so long... please don't be angry...
Check out a journey through Heavenshire over on Simtropolis: http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=716

Nanami

thundercrack83

Cyclone1001: Thank you!

Battlecat: Thanks so much!

Geoff (calibanX): Thanks, Geoff!

djvandrake: Thanks!

Arthur (art128): Hi, Arthur! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, my friend!

Ethan (ecoba): Thank you, Ethan!

io_bg: Wow! Thanks so much!

bat:
Danke!

KoV Liberty: Thank you, my friend!

Ryan (Ryan B.): Ha! Thanks, Ryan!

warconstruct: Thank you so very much for those kind words!

Will (penguin007): Thank you, Will!

nedalezz: Hello, my friend! Thank you so much for your lovely comment! Coming from someone with such great skills like you, it means a lot! Thanks again!

Jordan (canyonjumper): Thanks, Jordan!

armagin: Hello! Wow! I'm so touched that you took so much time to check things out here in Marathon. And to read everything--that's fantastic! I hope to see you here more often, and I'd like to thank you so

very much for saying such kind things! Take care!

976: Thanks!

UPDATE L
Brothers Under the Bridge (and Tunnel)
Part I: Feels Just Like a Piledriver!

12 March 2010

Welcome to the Fiftieth Update here in Marathon! Sixteen months, 2400 posts, 110,000 views, and now fifty updates...And I feel like we're just getting started!

And, as luck would have it, the subject of this update starts by taking us all the way back to the beginning. Remember this?

All the way back from our very first update! Now, forty-nine updates later, it looks like...

...this!

Our focus, however, is on the bridge...

...and where it heads! But of course, it doesn't lead anywhere yet, so we have to build it!

So...

...we begin by building the pilings to support the structures.

Next...

...we adjust the heights accordingly, and...

...repeat.

Now, a few more adjustments...

...to put a short Under-Truss Bridge in place.

Now, with that section in place, we move on to the tunnel phase, starting with a large reclamation of land—

Using the Ground Highway 45° Curve...

...we descend the slope that will lead to the tunnel entrance, which is...

...put in place after more land is reclaimed for the tunnel.

Now, we...

...un-reclaim the land...

...and begin sculpting the bridge-to-tunnel transition.

With that finished, we stand here!

Where does the tunnel lead, you ask? Well, to Part II, of course!

Stay tuned!

ecoba

A really nice construction update, Dustin. It's good to see some new work from Marathon.

That bridge is absolutely beautiful, I think the idea of a major bridge-tunnel on and off of the island is a good one and it certainly is a landmark for Marathon. The question of where it leads to (other than Part II) is a mystery to me, I do realize that this is off of Marathon's northwest coast... wonders...

Ethan

djvandrake

Where does the tunnel lead, you ask? Well, to Part II, of course!

Stay tuned!

Great update. I'm definitely staying tuned.  ;D

calibanX

A cliffhanger of sorts. Nice work on that tunnel. I'm intrigued at your lead-in to part 2.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

kimcar

&apls Great to see how you build your road . Very nice to see it. Have fun

Masochist

Hahaha, very nice tunnel!  Anytime I see that method for underwater tunnels being used, I can't help but harken back to SC3K where it was conceived.  Good times, those...()stsfd().

Marathon keeps growing!  The other side of the channel holds promise...I can't wait to see what develops!

(Forever the faithful lurker $%#Ninj2)
(Under Construction)

Haljackey

huh.  That's in interesting way to make a tunnel Dustin.  Nice highway too, I like the slope and the curves!

canyonjumper

Cool method, Dustin! I'll have to try that soon ;D

Your friend,
                                Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

art128

A very nice update there Dustin. Terrific job on the terraforming there, the new result is really great. Can't wait the part II !  :thumbsup:

Arthur.  :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

daryl7478

Nice update Dustin! Even though I can't play Simcity anymore due to viruses, nice work! I am super happy today (March 14) that I'm getting Pokemon SoulSilver (It says in my sig that I'm also a die-hard Pokemon fan.)

io_bg

Great construction pics! Can't wait till the next update! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

JoeST

SCHWWEEEEEEEET!!!!!

awesome stuff, and congrats on 100k views :D
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

bat

Nice work on the tunnel and bridge! Great pictures.
Looking forward to more... ;)

Battlecat

Fantastic update, I really like what you've done with the tunnel there!  Can't wait to see whats on the other side of the bay!