• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Commonwealth of Marathon

Started by thundercrack83, November 05, 2008, 02:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

citymax

KoV Liberty

O_O The Marathon Capital Building? ;D Looks to fit the spot!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Tomas Neto

Fantastic update, Dustin!!!  :thumbsup:

CabraBuitre

I love the rounded plaza... are those with base textures or overlays?  And are they yours, or already available?

It's a bit hard for me to see Buckingham without any spray...  but it looks great in that setting none the less!

Check out Abelfarei!

bat

That's a really nice place there! Nice work, Dustin!! :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Pat: Thanks, my friend!

Joe (JoeST): Thank you, Joe!

Robin (rooker1): Hello, my friend! It's been quite a while since we've spoken—far too long, in fact. It's always great to see you here in Marathon, and hopefully, my work schedule will allow me some time to get in touch with you and see how you and your family are doing! Take care, my friend!

djvandrake: Thank you! I'm glad you like it!

Battlecat: Thanks!

Arthur (art128): Hi, Arthur! Thank you so much for your input, my friend. You've given me some great suggestions, and I will definitely try them out! Take care!

Isaac (Masochist): Hello! It's so wonderful to see you again, my friend! Thank you so much for such wonderful comments, and I hope that we'll see you hear in Marathon again very soon!

Guillaume (Sciurus): Thanks, my friend!

citymax: Thank you!

Alex (Driftmaster07): Thank you, Alex!

Bobbi: Thanks!

Tomas Neto: Thank you so much, my friend!

CabraBuitre: Hello! The rounded plaza was made from base textures that are available somewhere. Where, though, I am unsure. Sorry! Hope to see you again aoon!

bat: Thank you, my friend!

UPDATE XLV
Introducing Commonwealth Hall
7 October 2009

Well, every place needs a seat of government, right? And now...Marathon has one as well! Here is where...

...it will be located.

Above is a close-up of the area. First thing to be put in place is...

...our rounded plaza area from the most recent teaser. Next...

...Commonwealth Hall, itself, home to the national government of the Commonwealth of Marathon. And to the west of the building...

a smaller garden area. We fill in...

...the diagonals in the northwestern corner, and...

...there she is! Finally...

...a bit of a close up!

So, for all of you who've been wondering what the square was going to be fill with for the past few months, there's your answer! I hope it was worth the wait!

Also, I'd like to extend my most heartfelt gratitude to everyone for getting Marathon over the 80,000 view mark! Thank you all so very much for continuing to be so supportive, despite my slowing down here! You folks are the best!

More from Marathon is on the way!

joelyboy911

Very nice update, Dustin. You have done a nice job with that lotting of the Commonwealth Hall.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

rooker1

Hey Dustin,
You are far too right, it has been a long time. 

Your LOTting is coming along great but I can't help but think that this new LOT is still missing something.  The easiest thing to do to bring life to a LOT is to add people, but is not the only thing.  And even when one does this and this only I think it can actually take away from the LOT.  The LOT looks too perfect and clean.  Try to add some bus stop and buses along the roads, and where do all the cars in your city park?, paper boxes, garbage cans and light poles.  All things can be along the road side but also remember to add them to the LOT.   I think all buildings have thier good sides and the one bad side.  By this I mean the area where a few cars can park in emergencies, especially fire and ambulance as well as the place where the garbage bin and recycling bins are.  A little fenced in section so the outside world usually doesn't even notice it day by day.
Anyways, just a few things to think about.

See you around my friend!!
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Sciurus

Very nice LOT Dustin. The own thing I'll reproach you is the stones one the floor. They're too big, and don't have a nice quality. &mmm

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Tomas Neto

Wow Dustin, really another great lot!!! Very nice update my friend!!!  :thumbsup:

Bobbi

You made a very very good lot!!! :thumbsup:

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Glowbal

art128

This area looks excellent, green, urban and really well designed. The fillers, parks, places and even buildings fits in well perfectly with the american ambiance. BTW, first in the teaser I was wondering it was a maxis building, but hey surprise ! it's a Yoder's one ...  $%Grinno$%
Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

jimbo_jj

Once again, your lotting is extraordinary! All the new lots really round out the area around Commonwealth Hall very well (and quite literally with the rounded plaza area  ;D).

It's not a big deal that you've slowed down lately. You've really been running a ... well ... marathon here! (Yeah, I know. Cheesy joke. ::))

Excellent job!

-James
Coming Soon to SimCity 4 Devotion: Alterren: The New World City
An MD by Jimbo_JJ

KoV Liberty

VERY VERY VERY cool! I love it! I wil the surrounding area as it surely fits the spot. Also I do suggest to move the two one-way-roads at the bottom left of this picture:

Over maybe a couple tiles so that they line up with the steps of the capitol building. You could put some REALLY cool stuff in the middle of that. Great work and looking foreward to more!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Fabian93

Great update Dustin  :thumbsup:
Love the surroundings of that Commonwealth Hall  &apls
QuoteOver maybe a couple tiles so that they line up with the steps of the capitol building. You could put some REALLY cool stuff in the middle of that.

That's a pretty cool idea! Maybe you [Dustin] could do something like the National Mall in Washington? It could be called "Marathon Mall"  :D

metasmurf

Clearly some quality lotting going on here  :thumbsup:

ecoba

You know- that does seem to be an excellent idea- The Marathon Mall.

This decision, of course is completely up to you, Dustin. I know whatever you do decide to do it will be perfect, and will make Marathon even better than it already is, although I am forcing myself to believe this- as Marathon is already pretty perfect.

This was quite a wonderful update, my friend. I have never made a large governmental centre before, I'm not sure I will ever get the chance to. I am, now after being greatly inspired by your work on Commonwealth Hall, greatly considering building a central government building in Saybrook.

Disagreeing with Guillaume on this point, I love the large stone tiles around the Commonwealth Hall. (Slate, is it?) I find this fairly realistic, as from what I have seen of the Forbidden Palace in Beijing, China, the courtyards are paved with large slabs of stone, marble I believe. Yet, I have only seen many television programmes about China, never actually been though. From my observations, these stones seemed to have faint differences in colour as well. This could be completely wrong though.

Did I not see the update featuring that circular LOT with the fountain? I know I must have. This is one of my favourite LOTs to be produced out of Marathon so far. I am also very fond of the garden LOTs used on the other side of the government facilities.

Well that was a long reply,

Ethan

Dreamcat

Excellent work!  I'm liking what I'm seeing.  Where did you get those white stone filler tiles though?  Very nice~!