• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Commonwealth of Marathon

Started by thundercrack83, November 05, 2008, 02:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

Maarten (mrtnrln): Thanks so much, Maarten! And excellent job on your exams, too! Thanks for stopping by!

Tomas Neto: Thank you! I'm a big fan of that building, too!

Alex (Driftmaster07): Thanks, Alex!

Luke (Luke09): Thanks so much, Luke!

peter007: Thank you so much! Hope to see you again soon!

Arthur (art128): Thanks, Arthur! I'm so glad that you like it, my friend!

Jon (JBSimio): Hi, Jon! If the syndrome were malaria, you'd be the mosquito, my friend! Excellent work with all of those buildings, as I've said so many times (though, it needs to be said a thousand times more!)—they are all absolutely fantastic work! Thank you so much for stopping by, Jon, and take care!

UPDATE XLII
Why Finish One Project...When You Can Start Another!
Part I: Introducing and Planning

10 July 2009

Well, as the title stipulates...we're moving away from Abitibi Square for a bit, and not to anywhere that I recall venturing to prior to now—Tile R...

...more, specifically...

...here.

Now, I've got a lot that is...

...20 tiles wide, so we'll be doing what we've done a few times already in Marathon...

...land reclamation for a new quay! Throw on a coat of paint, and...

...that's what we have! We still have to add the apron that surrounds the island, here...

...and here...

...to get...

...this!

So, now what is this mystery lot? Well, say "Hello," to...

...our friend the transit-enabled semi-circle!

But what will go inside? And around it? And did I just make a quay for a semi-circle? And do I want a bowl of cereal? And if I do, should I eat Wheaties or Cocoa Puffs? And...well, you get the idea—there's a lot of questions! Don't worry, answers will soon follow!

Stay tuned!

peter007

You have so much rails and highways why did you do that. I like it but it is to much space isn't it ()what()
And what do you think about a shopping mall in that semi-circle. ;)
but it's your choice.

art128

Dustin, I think there's will be a beautiful convention center here no ?? Anyway, good work with semi-circle transit enabled friend, it's sure it's a good friend !  :D Also, nice texture used and good work with that quay.
Looking forward to more of it,
take care
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

sebes

mmmmmm.... axiously watching this space for an update....

Looking very promissing there  ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

rooker1

Dustin,
That's actually a little problem I have of starting a project and than going to another without finishing the pervious one. ::) Not too sure if it's because I get bored with the first or I'm just too anxious to start the new idea.
At any rate your projects seem to be going very well and don't seem to take too long to get finished.
I'm very impatient to see what will be going in that space.

See you around,
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Sciurus

Hi Dustin! ;D

I begin my visit on your topic, the main for me of course. I read all pages since I quit SC4D (since the 81th page I belive $%Grinno$%). And I can remark you have still this talent of LOTer! Your LOTs are fantastic, I don't imagine the time you spend to do it :o
A detail, on the page 82, I've seen you wrote "La place de Sacré-Cœur", or it's "La Place du Sacré-Cœur" ;) I saw on the page 90, that it was the Canada Day. So, joyeuse fête du Canada, a bit late! $%Grinno$%
In France, the France Day is the 14th July, with the "Défilé du 14 juillet", on the "Champs-Élysées", in Paris. I don't know if you have french channels, but you should watch this, it's so beautiful :thumbsup:
So, I think I've finished my little sppech ;)
Oh no, I forgot the main thing to say about your region, your lotting and your city: It's just FANTASTIC!!! Great!! All words it exists in english (and in french $%Grinno$%) to say that.
I hope to stop by more times there, because it's the holidays for me, and during two month, so I hope :thumbsup:

Guillaume, your french friend :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

ecoba

Hi Dustin,

I've been watching your MD for a long time. I might have posted once before. (did I? &Thk/()

Anyway, your work is truly amazing. I, if I had to take a test on doing anything with the LE, would Fail With Flying Colours.

Thank you for inspiring us with your marvelous work.

P.S, I have trouble uploading pictures, so you're really lucky.

Best,
        Ethan

Ethan, I just wanted to jump in for a second here.  Have you tried LE?  I think everyone should give it a try.  It's actually very easy to use.  If you have any problems, just drop me a PM nad this goes for anyone!  Robin  ;)

rdrdrdrd

if I remember from page 1 arn't those tunnels the only way off the island, or are there other ways now?

KoV Liberty

I'd go for the Wheaties.  :P But what will it be? I am very interested!

Alex

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Luke09

Looks interesting...hum...a sports arena?
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

JBSimio

Hi Dustin,

Well first of all, I think that may be one of the strangest compliments I've ever gotten... thank you!  :D

Like everyone else, I'm certainly intrigued by your next big project here.  I must admit, however, that I'm almost equally (if not more) curious about the large section requiring all those rail tunnels.  I'm guessing there is a pretty significant plan going on there as well.  I guess I'll just try to be patient until you let us in on the big secret...  ;)

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

sithlrd98

I am eagerly waiting to see what you have planned for that area....whatever it is I'm sure we will not be disappointed!

Jayson

thundercrack83

peter007: Thanks, my friend! All the rails and highways are there because that is one of the main access points for entering and leaving the island. It takes up a lot of space, but those are the breaks, I guess! Thanks for stopping by!

Arthur (art128): Thank you, Arthur!

sebes: Thanks!

Robin (rooker1): Hey, Robin! I'm the same way. I think I get too excited when I think of something else to do that I have to move on and try it out. Now I've got about three or four of those going on, so hopefully, I can finish them up before moving on to something else...but, I doubt it! It's always great to see you here, my friend! Take care!

Guillaume (Sciurus): Hello, Guillaume! It's so wonderful to have you back, my friend! I was wondering where you went! Enjoy your holidays, and I hope to see you around again soon!

Ethan (ecoba): Hi, Ethan! Like Robin (rooker1) said, all you have to do is give the LE a try, and you might surprise yourself! And of course, feel free to ask questions whenever your run into trouble, whether it be here in Marathon, or to anyone at all. Good luck, and I hope to see you back here in Marathon again!

rdrdrdrd: Yep, that's one of them! There's a few of them, though. Good eye!

Alex (Driftmaster07): Oh, that's a pity! I went with the Cocoa Puffs, this time. That's OK, we'll hit the Wheaties next time! Thanks for stopping by, Alex!

Luke (Luke09): I like the way you think, Luke! Great suggestion!

Jon (JBSimio): Hi, Jon! That was definitely a weird compliment, wasn't it? Though, it kept with the theme! However it's said, the sentiment holds true, my friend! Your work is just extraordinary! Oh, and as for those rail tunnels, I've been thinking about those, too, so we may have to get into that as well. Thanks for stopping in!

Jayson (sithlrd98): Hi, Jayson! You see what you did to me with the TE'd curves? Just kidding, of course! Thanks again so much for everything, my friend. This is just amazing stuff, and it's all thanks to you! Hope to see you again soon!

Well, after spending a lot of time in the yard with a rather large brush-elimination project, I've been able to work a bit on our latest area...

Of course, we're nowhere near finished...but it's a start!

More to come from Marathon!

sithlrd98

Oooh....see , I knew you could get use out of those! No problem and I can't wait to see the finished product!

Jayson

Jmouse

Hey Dustin, sorry I've been AWOL for a while. GRV II has been eating my spare time in huge chunks lately.

Glad to see you're still on track with LE. When you-know-what is finished (see above! :) ), maybe I'll have time to get back to normal. Anyway, I enjoyed taking a quick look around Marathon and hope to be more of a regular visitor soon.

Later...
Joan

io_bg

Great lotting as always, I'm looking forward to seeing more! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

peter007

Great stuff
beautiful lotting
but take extra look at the trees before that building with yellow nearly the flags maybe you can pot them because they're standing now in the stones

art128

Great job with the Globe arena Dustin, the lot looks wonderful !  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

darraghf

Sorry, I've been missing for a while Dustin. I just looked at the updates I missed since I've been gone. Well done. You've done a spectacular job!
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

KoV Liberty

Thats a pretty good start! Is that the Mais globe arena I see? It looks pretty well placed there!

Alex

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.