• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Commonwealth of Marathon

Started by thundercrack83, November 05, 2008, 02:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsrwhat316

Ooh, thanks for pointing out that BAT; now I'll have to get it!  $%Grinno$%

I'm liking that region view, something I would never have the time to do. The teaser is also nice. I do have a question; have you ever considered using a sidewalk mod? As great as your MD is, a good sidewalk mod would really make your pics stand out more. Hope to see more soon!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

KoV Liberty

Great! I have the car park too and I love it! Also you have the NDEX Parking garage too. I lost my plugins folder when I transferred computers so could you send the Parking Garage file to my email? It is driftmaster07@gmail.com. Thanks!

Alex

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

carkid1998

Thats a very basic, but very good pic!
Sendona... Coming soon!

Pat

Dustin love the map there and also the new underground parking garage!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

warconstruct

beautiful update !!! excellent work  &apls
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

thundercrack83

Don (homefryes): Hi, Don! It's great to see you here, my friend! Oh, and if you've got 500 updates in the pipeline for Ashtabula, I will be getting a good seat to follow along! See you over in your neck of the woods, Don!

bat: Thank you so much, my friend!

Arthur (art128): Thanks, Arthur!

Guillaume (Sciurus): Hi, Guillaume—Marathon's Official Translator! It's always wonderful to have you here, my friend. À bientôt!

Dan (dsrwhat316): Hello, there, Dan! Thanks, my friend. As for a sidewalk mod, I think I actually have one installed, but I must have removed something or other from it. I must admit, though, that I don't particularly care for when the different sidewalk mods clash against each other according to the wealth of whatever buildings are in front of them, if that makes sense. I will definitely be looking deeper into the sidewalk mods, though! Thanks for your input and for stopping by, Dan!

Alex (Driftmaster07): Hi, Alex! You can find the NDEX Parking Garages on the STEX. Just go ahead and follow the link!

carkid1998: Thanks!

Pat: Thank you, my friend!

warconstruct: Thanks so much!

UPDATE XXXIII
The Commonwealth of Marathon Presents...
The Commonwealth of Marathon!

20 April 2009

Well, it's only three pictures, but I do believe that the content warrants its own update. I have officially finished the "macro-terraforming" on the Commonwealth of Marathon region...

Of course, by "macro-terraforming," I mean all the large scale stuff that needed to be done to reconcile and acclimate Marathon Island with the rest of the region. Here is the region, sans-borders—

The next step is the "micro-terraforming," which will probably be juxtaposted against development of each section. There should probably be a "micro-macro-terraforming" section, too, which will encompass all the stuff from in between!

Finally...Here is an unfettered and unconstrained look...

Some lakes and elevation changes would be included in the "micro-" / "micro-macro-terraforming" steps, but if I'm honest, I need to take a bit of a break from the terraforming end of things!

Hope you like it!

More to come...and with a few less prefixes, I hope!

Jmouse

Dustin, you're just too fast for me - you update before I can get around to posting! You've created quite a region map there, but I guess you know you'll still be working on it while you're babysitting with your grandchildren. It has to be one of the largest single-player regions around, and will be quite an accomplishment if and when you finish it. Good luck, my friend!

Later...
Joan

JoeST

Thats looking awesome :) thanks Dustin
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

tooheys

Nice region map Dustin, especially the keys to the south. You certainly have a lot of work to do mate  ;)

Dave

rooker1

Call me Robin, please.

Dark_Jedi06

That map is absolutely incredible. :o :o
...this space to be filled soon...

carkid1998

You're gonna have fun filling that map up!
Sendona... Coming soon!

homefryes

Yes, :o simply massive for a one-player region, I agree! And I think my 30 (land-based) tiles in Ashtabula will be a lot to manage ... I couldn't imagine trying to work on one this size and not get frustrated! Can't wait to see the maps you create from this region!

-- Don
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

JBSimio

Incredible map, Dustin!   &apls  You really did an amazing job pulling it all together and it looks very natural.  I missed a couple updates again, but I'm always happy to see the SHUR Project so well represented in Marathon!  Thanks for all the advertising... :D

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

art128

Fantastic map Dustin, fantastic  &dance

- Arthur. &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Luke09

Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

bat

What a really nice region there! Great work on it, Dustin! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Battlecat

Excellent work there!  That's going to be an interesting region.  I'm looking forward to seeing how Marathon Island fits into the whole area. 

KoV Liberty

Cool region!  :thumbsup: And thanks. Last time I searched I couldn't find it so... Thanks!

Alex

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Orange_o_

After some furtive visits on your thread, I set today, the time to read since the front page

I liked a lot that you show us the evolution, step by step, of your city. With now, the spectacular increase of your region.
But now I find that the ile is too linear (square) compared with the other banks.

I like the lottage of Arche de la Défense  :thumbsup:

Orange

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °