• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rainbow Falls - OSITM part 26-27

Started by Lilojame, October 31, 2008, 11:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimcar

Hello my friend , Hope you still want  ;D cause i miss a lot of update here. So sorry. But i still enjoy to see your awesome work and slideshow.  &apls &aplsOnce again have fun and sorry . BTW Merry Christmas :thumbsup:

owlsinger

Great update, Karin! I really find your region shots interesting. I also see some great CAM farms in there, nice job! Working with CAM farms is my current passion! Yours are great, and the placement of the pond is perfect !

Kendra
'Luminous beings are we..'  - Yoda

'Hints of Gold'
by Jasmine Becket-Griffith

Jmouse

Your farms are gorgeous, Karin. I've become really fond of the soft touch you give your photos, too.

You have done a wonderful job in OSITM this month - our MDers have set the bar several notches higher these past three weeks. You have nothing to apologize for, so take care of things that won't wait and play the game when you can - it will wait for you and so will we.

Later...
Joan

bat

That's a great second part there of that town!
It is looking so beautiful!
And wonderful work on another slide show! It looks also superb! :thumbsup:

Lilojame

Hi all! Well, I guess that it is time for the last Halleny update in which you shall be able to see the town itself in edited pictures and a slideshow with unedited ones.

So without further ado I invite you to:

In todays update of The Town of the Bat you yet again wont be able to click on the image to see the unedited ones but rather than that you do have an option to see them in a slideshow.

And for the end of todays update we also have a slideshow:

Thank you all for visiting!

Hi David! Thank you very much! I am glad that you liked the teaser and the two updates and the lake! Thank you very much for commenting and I do hope to hear from you again.

Hi
un1! Thank you very much! I hope to hear from you again!

Hi
Paul! Thank you very much! I am glad that you like the farms. The maze is actually a part of BSC Heritage Farms I believe and it grown up by itself. ;) As for the power lines, I already send you an pm giving you the link and explaining that they are functional. Thank you very much fro commenting and I do hope to hear from you again!

Hi
kimcar! Haha, no need to apoliage. ;) I was glad to see that you made an update again in your Funtasia! It was a great one. I am glad that you like my work here and the slideshow. Marry Christmas to you also!

Hi
Kendra! I am glad that you find the region shot interesting! CAM farms are wonderful in my opinion, actually the whole CAM addition is great. More than I play with it more I like it. I am glad that you agree with the placement of the pond also! Thank you very much for commenting and I do hope to hear from you again!

Hi
Joan! Thank you very much! I am glad that you like the farms. I am all excited now tho, since RRP become available once again meaning that I will soon do an update featuring that superb pack in my farming areas. Thank you very much for your kind words regarding OSITM also. I am looking forward to hear from you again!

Hi
bat! Thank you very much! I am very glad that you liked the second part of The Town of the Bat and the slideshow and I do hope, that todays last part shall be to your liking also! Thank you for commenting and I hope to hear from you again!

Thank you all for wonderful support in here! I wish you all a Merry Christmas! The next update shall be here on 25th December (my time) as a Christmas gift for all of you! Thank you all gain!

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

bat

That is one really awesome new update! Excellent effects added there at the superb night and fantastic day pictures!!!
Beautiful work on the third part! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the Christmas gift...

And I wish you also a Merry Christmas!!! :)

JBSimio

Hi Karin,

Your farming update is nothing short of spectacular.  You have quite a variety of farms on display here and it makes for a great overview.  The pond and the dirt roads are also very nice touches that add a lot to the whole look.  I also really liked the final picture with the new electric pylons... they look very nice there... but I also just like that particular farm.  :D

Today's update is also very nice.  I like all the foot paths winding through your neighborhoods.  The night shots are quite impressive and your work on the hills turned out really well.   :thumbsup:

What's this I hear?  You're handing out gifts on Christmas?!?  I can't wait to see what you have planned!  ;)

See you then,
JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

Jmouse

Beautiful update as always, Karin! That night shot (second pic) is awesome. You certainly have a wide variety of housing styles in the neighborhoods which makes the overall effect very interesting.

The slide show looks good, too. I really like the recent trend toward multi-media presentations, in part because it's possible to show so much more in a small space.

Looking forward to more...
Joan

paroch

Oh yes, very nice.  The Town of the Bat is a very nice town.  The suburban sprawl is very ordered.  I'd be interested to see some traffic stats - I just wonder if some of those houses have very long commute times.

It's always interesting to see the different houses that people get to grow.  I've just come over from JBSimio's Covington, and his suburb looks just so different from yours, and in turn they both look so different from the West End suburbs.  No one is better than the other - but they all have their own charm.  I guess that is one of the beauties of this great game of ours.

The nice shots give a nice feel as well.

All the best for Christmas Karin and I look forward to following Rainbow Falls into 2009.

Paul

thundercrack83

Merry Christmas, Karin!

Sorry missing a few more updates, the season's been hectic for us all, no?

I'm all caught up now, and I know where my first visit will be on Christmas Day!

See you then, my friend!

Dustin

Pat

Karin first off a very special Merry Christmas to you hun!!! secondly I want to say sorry to you that Ive slacked off in coming in here and for that I am sorry!! You have done so much wonderful things with the animations wow!! Your cities are great and not to mention getting on the LEX, I knew you could do it!!! I am so proud of you!!!

pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Lilojame

And so we are here... at a special Christmas Update that I promised to you....

As you can see, Sims are happily caroling!

And well, in Rainbow Falls the snow is falling once again:

http://www.shrani.si/f/m/nt/r4oeOE0/flas1.swf

http://www.shrani.si/f/46/X/4IO6dXCt/flas2.swf

And now, I suggest that you take some time and listen&look at Christmas Slideshow:

Believe it or not, but I have a little present for you today:

Yes, you guessed right, it is a bat that can be obtained only from here. IF you want to have it, then please feel free to click on our Christmas Doggy picture which shall bring you to the downloading page:

There is NO dependencies needed for this file. You will find the lot amongst your landmarks and recognize it by an appropriate icon:

I am sure that you want to know what the stats are and since there is no ReadMe included in the download I shall list it here.
lot size = 4x8
plop&bulldoze cost = 1$
Monthly cost = 0$ (since it is a gift)
Slight air and water pollution reduction.
Power Consumed = 60
Water Consumed = 10
Slight landmark&park effect

Fell free to modify the stats and/or lot to your personal likings and needs. All that I do ask of you is, that you don't redistribute this bat/lot or modified version before asking etc. the standard things.

So this is all for todays update! I hope that you liked it and Marry Christmas to you all again!

I am sorry, but I have loads to do on this day so I will do a more short version of replies today.

Hi bat! Thank you very much! I hope that you shall be pleased with todays update also. Looking forward to hear from you again!

Hi
Jon! Thank you very much! I am glad that you liked the previous two updates! Yes, you heard me right, it is a gift-time today. Since you are doing such great things I am just hoping that it wont disappoint you. Looking forward to hear from you again!

Hi
Joan! Thank you very much! I am glad that you liked the last update! I have to agree with you on the multi-media presentations note. It simply adds something more. I hope to see you here again!

Hi
Paul! Thank you very much! I am glad that you liked The Town of the Bat. I completely understand what you want to say. It is marvelous how the same bats makes completely different feelings. I know that I have to visit your wonderful MD as soon as possible since I believe that in this frenzy month I already missed a lot of wonderful works. I promise to do so soon.
As for the traffic stats I believe that can be best answered with in-game graphs:

Basically there is no mayor complications and I hope that upper shots answers your question. If not, let me know how to better address it. =)
Thank you very much again and I am looking forward to hear from you!

Hi
Dustin! Thank you very much! Don't worry, I missed loads of things around here, so I have to agree, it has been and still is hectic. Thanks for finding time for stopping by and I hope that you will like todays update when you manage to see it. Looking forward to hear from you again!

Hi
Pat! Thank you very much! No need for being sorry, I am very sure that you had good reasons behind it and besides, you didn't really missed anything since all is still here. ;) I am glad that you liked the cities and thanks for the LEX note! It is probably funny since I am grown up person, but I was and still am totally excited to have that park on LEX. Thank you again and I do hope to hear from you again!

Sorry for the shortness of my replies today and thank you all for your wonderful comments!

The next update shall hopefully be up tomorrow, but if not by then then it shall for sure be on a day after!

Merry Christmas yet again!

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

thundercrack83

Merry Christmas, Karin!

What a wonderful way to spend the holiday--a nice big glass of eggnog and the Christmas update of Rainbow Falls!

The animations, the slideshows, everything this just spectacular your my friend!

I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday, and I'll be back to see what's happening here in Rainbow Falls!

Dustin

Pat

Karin I know but still I feel bad though, but anyways Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!! Thank you for the gift and I will be sure to use it well!!! I love this update with animations!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

Another beautiful update, Karin, and one befitting this wonderful season so well! The slide show looks great - a bit different than what I'm used to but very appropriate for holidays. :thumbsup:

And did you happen to know I'm probably the worst pest around here when it comes to asking for traffic data? If you don't believe me, just ask my fellow NUTs Paul (paroch) and Dave (tooheys)! :D The Traffic Volume Data is the most interesting - you've done a good job of providing drivers with workable choices. Any chance you could throw in a population figure? ;D

May you and your family enjoy
the best Christmas ever, then start the New Year with high hopes and wishes fulfilled.

Later...
Joan

paroch

What a fantastic Christmas update there Karin.

The pictures with the snow falling are very good indeed - very clever.

The slideshow is also really good, I enjoyed that.

The traffic datat is very interesting - thanks for showing it.  It's obvious everything is flowing smoothly.

And the Christmas gift is a very nice touch.  When I re-develop the capital of West End I will make sure to place the Rainbow Falls embassy.

Happy Christmas Karin, to you and your family.

All the best

Paul

Badsim

Page after page , what a show , Karin !  &apls &apls &apls

I never cease to be amazed by a such whimsical MD ( mirrror of a whimsical mind , for sure  :) )

I maybe will not comment it as many often than I should , but just be assured I don't miss any of your updates . :thumbsup:

(Hello to your sister . ;) )

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

bat

That's a fantastic Christmas update there! Wonderful work on all pictures (also on the animated ones)! And wonderful new slide show! Your BAT looks also wonderful (thanks for that)!!!
A superb update!

And Merry Christmas to you, too!

Lilojame

Hi all!
I wont be writing much in todays update since I am very short on time, I am sorry... so I suggest that we simply visit the new small village/town in Rainbow falls:

Funny name right? Well, Beevillage got its name from the bees. Go figure.  :D Other thank that there is not really much to say so we shall rather look at some pictures. The unedited ones you will be able to see in the slideshow (with other pictures):

And for the end of todays update : a slideshow

I hoped you liked the update! Thank you for visiting!

Quote from: thundercrack83 on December 24, 2008, 09:46:03 PM
Merry Christmas, Karin!

What a wonderful way to spend the holiday--a nice big glass of eggnog and the Christmas update of Rainbow Falls!

The animations, the slideshows, everything this just spectacular your my friend!

I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday, and I'll be back to see what's happening here in Rainbow Falls!

Dustin

Hi, my friend! Thank you very much for your kind comment! I am glad that you liked the update. And thank you, we had an OK time even if it could be better (hopefully next year). What about you? I hope to hear from you again!

Quote from: Pat on December 24, 2008, 09:53:30 PM
Karin I know but still I feel bad though, but anyways Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!! Thank you for the gift and I will be sure to use it well!!! I love this update with animations!!!

Hi there! I would prefer if you wouldn't feel bad about it. ;) Thank you very much! I am glad that you liked the update. I hope to hear from you again!

Quote from: Jmouse on December 24, 2008, 10:28:22 PM
Another beautiful update, Karin, and one befitting this wonderful season so well! The slide show looks great - a bit different than what I'm used to but very appropriate for holidays. :thumbsup:

And did you happen to know I'm probably the worst pest around here when it comes to asking for traffic data? If you don't believe me, just ask my fellow NUTs Paul (paroch) and Dave (tooheys)! :D The Traffic Volume Data is the most interesting - you've done a good job of providing drivers with workable choices. Any chance you could throw in a population figure? ;D

May you and your family enjoy
the best Christmas ever, then start the New Year with high hopes and wishes fulfilled.

Later...
Joan

Hi, my friend! I am glad that you liked the update! To be honest, I didn't really know, but I do believe you.  ;D I am definety glad that you found the traffic volume data interesting. Of curse I can throe in a population figure:

Thank you very much for the wishes and for your very kind comment! I do hope to hear from you again!

Quote from: paroch on December 26, 2008, 02:15:30 AM
What a fantastic Christmas update there Karin.

The pictures with the snow falling are very good indeed - very clever.

The slideshow is also really good, I enjoyed that.

The traffic datat is very interesting - thanks for showing it.  It's obvious everything is flowing smoothly.

And the Christmas gift is a very nice touch.  When I re-develop the capital of West End I will make sure to place the Rainbow Falls embassy.

Happy Christmas Karin, to you and your family.

All the best

Paul

Hi, my friend! Thank you very much! I am glad that you liked the Christmas update with its content! I was actually surprised to see that there is not as much "red lines" in there as I initially thought they would be. Thanks for your words upon the gift also! It would most certainly be honor to see it in your beautiful MD. Thank you very much for lovely comment and I hope to hear from you again!

Quote from: Badsim on December 26, 2008, 02:58:34 AM
Page after page , what a show , Karin !  &apls &apls &apls

I never cease to be amazed by a such whimsical MD ( mirrror of a whimsical mind , for sure  :) )

I maybe will not comment it as many often than I should , but just be assured I don't miss any of your updates . :thumbsup:

Cédric.

Hi there again! I am glad to hear from you this (I believe) second time!  ;) Haha, well, I am not sure if I should take that as a compliment or not.  :D But well, I guess you are right, my mind can be whimsical at times. Thank you for your assurance, I appreciate it and well, let me assure you, that you are always very welcome in here!

Quote from: bat on December 26, 2008, 09:58:17 AM
That's a fantastic Christmas update there! Wonderful work on all pictures (also on the animated ones)! And wonderful new slide show! Your BAT looks also wonderful (thanks for that)!!!
A superb update!

And Merry Christmas to you, too!

Hi, my friend! Thank you very much for your kind comment! I am glad that you liked the update and its content and evermore so that the BAT was to your liking. Thank you again and I do hope to hear from you again!

Thank you all for visiting and commenting! I appreciate it very much! The next update shall be up tomorrow or a day after.

bat

Another wonderful update there! And the newest slide show is also fantastic! There are beautiful pictures in it!
The update has also superb pictures! Great work on this new update!
Looking forward to more in 2008... ;)