• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

nycc06's CAMeLots - Showcase and Support

Started by RippleJet, October 28, 2008, 10:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RippleJet

nycc06 has graciously given us permission to modify his creations for the CAM.
His models and lots will remain unchanged, only the modding will be done in PIM-X and thus become CAMpatible.

Each CAMeLot will be uploaded one-by-one on the LEX, in his name, and include the batted model.
The building and lot will have unique TGI addresses, and thus not conflict with nycc06's earlier uploads on STEX.

However, since his earlier growable and functional ploppable lots are not CAMpatible,
I will also include a Cleanitol file to help with the removal of those if needed.

I'll start the showcase with nycc06's latest creation, which will also be the first one to appear as a CAMeLot...

The Alexander Building

The Alexander Building serves as Austin's HSBC headquarters and stands on the edge of the new Marina District.
The tower was completed in 2002 and stands at 250 m. It is a stage 11 CAMeLot sized 4×3, with 4,800 CO§§§ jobs.

rooker1

Super news, I have admired his models for quite some time and it's good to see that he has aloud us to CAMify them.
Thank you nycc06,  &apls

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

RippleJet

RippleJet

I was going to spread these out a bit, but I just couldn't keep myself from uploading my favourite nycc06 building... ::)

The Eclipse Tower

The Eclipse Tower is a 325 m mixed use hotel and office tower.
nycc06's idea came from inspiration on the planned Ocean One tower, due for construction in Thailand.

In the game it will grow both as an office and as a hotel:

• Eclipse Tower, a stage 9 CAMeLot sized 6×2, with 3,050 CO§§§ jobs
  • Hotel Eclipse, a stage 12 CAMeLot sized 6×2, with 980 CS§§§ jobs

papab2000

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

RippleJet

By the dawn of the world financial crisis, we need a bank that's still standing... ::)

The Austin City Bank Tower

A tower from nycc06's CACC series of BATs.

The Austin City Bank Tower is a fictitious building that is the headquarters for the Austin Banking Corporation.
The tower itself is one of 9 towers on the Austin Waterfront development and stands at 301 m.

It is a stage 12 CAMeLot sized 4×4, with 7,500 CO§§§ jobs.

Ra1n

This is one of my favorite buildings from nycc06!  Glad to see it updated and CAMed!
Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the strength to stand and face it.

RippleJet

The tallest one so far... :)

The Oceana Tower

This is the 330 m tall Oceana Tower.

The tower was completed in 2007 and serves as
the world headquarters for the Oceana Air Travel company.

It is a stage 13 CAMeLot sized 3×3, with 5,350 CO§§§ jobs.

wes.janson

I just want to thank you for taking the time and effort to do this. I am constantly amazed at how much this community is willing to take time out of their busy schedules to bring more progress to this game.

EA should be giving kickbacks for the continuing sales of SC4.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

MassHelper

SC4 Modders' Assistant and Adviser

papab2000

RippleJet,

Thank you for making these CAM lots.  ;)  I hope you continue this venture of CAM'ing these great lots.  :thumbsup:

wes.janson

Quote from: MassHelper on October 29, 2008, 07:54:01 PM
The capacity has been lowered :(

Mass

I am under the assumption that lots modded with the PIM-X reflect a more realistic capacity. The default maxis plugin manager is known to suggest the wrong settings for various aspects of a building.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

RippleJet

Quote from: wes.janson on October 29, 2008, 09:55:24 PM
I am under the assumption that lots modded with the PIM-X reflect a more realistic capacity.

Indeed, it is all based on the volume of the building.
Plopping the buildings next to each other, we'll get a better perception of their sizes compared to each other:

From left to right:

• 4,800 CO§§§ - Alexander Building
  • 7,500 CO§§§ - Austin City Bank Tower
  • 3,050 CO§§§ - Eclipse Tower
  • 5,350 CO§§§ - Oceana Tower

Most notably, the Eclipse Tower has seen a reduction in capacity.
I've turned that building 90° to show how thin that tower in fact is.
Maxis PIM only considers the total width and depth of the bat, which in this case is measured at the lower floors.

RippleJet

From the tallest to the smallest... but still something special. It's an eighteenth birthday release... ::)

The Pearl Coast Hotel Tower

This BAT was a long project and originally released in celebrations of nycc06's 18th birthday!

The tower serves as a 5 star hotel in Austin City Central,
it is 47 stories high and stands at 155 meters high.

It is a stage 9 CAMeLot sized 4×4, with 600 CS§§§ jobs.

rooker1

This one might be the small one, but I like it.  It has a very unique shape and the LOT looks really good.
&apls
Thanks Tage for making these into CAMelots.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

RippleJet

And the last one for now... but certainly not the last one from nycc06! :)
We are eagerly awaiting his next bat... whether it will finally be the Riviera Towers or something else remains to be seen... ::)

The Shilito Tower

The Shilito Tower is another BAT from nycc06's Austin City development project.

The tower was completed in 1998 on the Shilito Avenue in the city as the centre piece for
the new redevelopment project of the city's commercial district. The tower stands at 249 m.

It is a stage 9 CAMeLot sized 4×4, with 3,900 CO§§§ jobs.

sim-al2

I like the building, but the name sounds a little... weird.  ???
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

RippleJet

Quote from: RippleJet on October 30, 2008, 04:17:12 PM
We are eagerly awaiting his next bat... whether it will finally be the Riviera Towers or something else remains to be seen... ::)

Well, it wasn't the Riviera, it's the Poseidon... ;D

The Poseidon Tower

Finally I give you my secret Christmas project for 2008, the 519 m tall Poseidon Tower.
The tower is another BAT from my New Austin series and is currently under construction in the New Austin Marina District.
When completed in 2011, it will become the second tallest building in the city and the centre piece for the marina development complex.

In terms of the actual BAT itself, I have been looking over comments given on all past projects
and decided to make a few changes to this model to help improve it somewhat.
This included using shinier, reflective windows and improving the realism of the floor gaps.
Also I have made this BAT specifically to be dependency free.

In the game it will grow both as an office and as an apartment tower:

• Poseidon Tower, a stage 13 CAMeLot sized 5×5, with 10,325 CO§§§ jobs
  • Poseidon Apartments, a stage 12 CAMeLot sized 5×5, with 6,520 R§§§ residents

RippleJet

...and quickly followed by the Jackson! :)

The Jackson Tower

Here is my second Christmas treat, the 308 m tall Jackson Tower.

This project has been in production for about a week now and was based similarly on another Dubai tower around the Dubai Mall. This tower when completed in 2009 will be another addition to the new Marina development complex in the city of New Austin. The tower itself serves as a luxury 5-star hotel resort overlooking the marina and surrounding bay area.

It is a stage 10 CAMeLot sized 5×4, with 985 CS§§§ jobs.

papab2000