• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Narrabri

Started by marsh, October 21, 2008, 06:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsh

Was up? im starting my first mayors diary, so wish me luck,
            feel free to coment and give me advice ,
            mods: Canyonlands terrain mod
                     Italian Tree controler, (only usin it in mountains & on river)
                     Nam
                     Rual Highway Mod w/ euro tex
                     any others feel free to ask!

Narabri is a small town on a river in Australia. It is growing, with a mordern scool in the planning & a probable farming community in the near future, Narrabri looks like its going to be a great city, or even metropolis some day.

As of now the town is small but quaint, with a 1 room scool house in the center, a quiet river surrounded by trees, the only green in this desert country. Two stone arch bridges are the only acsess from the west. An old fort from the original europeans to settle here, sits nicely atop a hill. It attracts some torrists, generating revenue for the town. Further away from the town is a large hill covered in trees.(But you cant see that till later) And even further away sits the rige of a mountain, with rainforest to the south.

Not a First Update, Just 2 Teasers:

south park

good start but I want to see more for give you a most critisise !! ;)
cairo and tropicalia (my cities) on tsc:
http://toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=441267

marsh

Its just a teaser  ;)                                                ^
                                                                          ^
edit: alright, the the "story" sucks so i made a new one^

art128

great start on your MD  :thumbsup: good picture :thumbsup:
looking forward to more  ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

marsh

Update 1

Well, time for the official first update! Narrabri's grown a bit,
An Overveiw

City Hall Has been costructed, dubed as Narrabri Regional Hall.

Where City Hall now is, used to be a one room school house, the citys been growing, so has the region, so now a bigger school is needed. Patrican (all ages) School was finised a month ago and is now in operation. With new airconditining to protect from the 100 degree weather, it realy beats the old school.

The Narrabri Fort is an old fort built by the original europeans to come here. First there was a town, but protection was needed from the Aboriginal people attacking, so a the fort was constructed atop a small manmade hill. It had a Wooden roof and was the original Office or City Hall of Narrabri. A small Palside (wooden) wall surounded the fort and town, but no longer remains.

This is one of the two bridges that cross the Patritia River[pat-tri-tee-a]. Both where commisioned by the region to be built. Locals cosider them "Landmarks" to the town because of the craftmansship that was put into them.
(and aperrently mooses live in Australia?)

This is Narrubri Hill, the small hill that has the most trees in one spot for miles.

This road was built to go to the top of the hill, Where a small picnic grounds was constructed dubed,Hills Park

The native Aboriginites consider the top of the hill sacred, it was taken from them when the first Europeans came, but now the Australian goverment has given back the top of the hill. No cars are alowed up there, hoever people may walk along the trail to the native village.

tooheys

Hmmm, an interesting take on Australia  ::)

I do like the choice of terrain mod, the river valleys look great, nice work  :thumbsup:

Looking forward to see how this develops

Cheers

Dave

PS: Why Narrabri? (Just curious  :))

papab2000

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

south park

beautiful update I can't wait to see an update !! :)
cairo and tropicalia (my cities) on tsc:
http://toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=441267

Lilojame

Nice start there. It will be interesting to see how this developes.

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)