• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Kolbrow (13.10.2019 - Olsza - a mosaic)

Started by kbieniu7, October 09, 2008, 11:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gugu3

If you're doing is always so beautiful! I love how you urbanized cities, with many parcs between buildings and parking!

kbieniu7

c.p., compdude787, cmdp123789, Gugu3, Akallan – Thank you guys for comments :) Well, it wasn't that hard. The most difficult thing was to draw the rail line... and to wait each time while loading a tile after switching it :D

So, as promised, I show you today the next shots from Kolbrów ;) We go on the other side of Wirta River to see some other old (and a bit newer) industry.

Kolbrów - Zabłocie

1. So, we arrive at the other side of the bridge (the one, that starts near the blue skyscraper) and start our trip. North (upper part of the photo) from this point there's a historic district of Zawircie. I have shown it once, unfortunately its photos are down (imageshack). South from this point there is district of Zabłocie, where we are actually going to go.

2. There's an old pumping and purification station up there. The oldest facility of this type in Kolbrów. iIt used to take water from Wirta, but now the river is too polluted to do so and it works with the water taken from a small stream 1km away. Not big amounts as the main source of drinking water for the city is the reservoir, that I showed you in last work-in-progress updates ;)

3. Some old factories are located around, as well as a bit newer one. However I don't have ide about, what can, or what could have been produced here. You can see a bus and tram depot near the intersection, which is still unfinished.

4. Art of trash, dust and backyards

5. A big railway junction and railyards. Northbound: city centre, westbound: freight bypass in last normal update, southbound: our dam in progress ;D

7. The view turned 180 degrees. It's actually a mosaic, part of which consist the tile with the dam.

8. Moved a bit right, and we can see a power power plant Kolbrów – Łęg. It provides both thermal energy and electricity to the city.

Stay tuned! More areas behind and around are going to be shown, maybe next week! :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

compdude787

Those are pretty nice industrial areas and I like the power plant! One thing I would suggest is using Real Railway.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

art128

Awesome industrial area. The last couple updates were also nice around the dam. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Vizoria

Good pictures, number 4 hast to be favourite because of those cool looking gravel patches.

Themistokles

The way you integrate countryside, houses and towns is (as always!) very, very good. And the steel mill is very well planned. :thumbsup: One thing I wonder is why you've chosen cobble stone streets for the industrial areas?
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Nanami

The railway between greens looks nice.. I like the old commie housing project located next to industrial area in 3rd picture which kinda give some atmosphere.

Wow, this is some good work on the industrial area. Wish I had the patience to create detailed work like this. BTW, I also like the first screenshot. I like the layout of the roads and the choice of buildings, although, regarding the former, you should probably connect the long diagonal street to either of the avenues because that looks like a long dead end.

It is rare to see a nuclear plant, I like it! Do not talk about the rest, that's great! :)

Swordmaster

Very nice! I actually like the cobbles, older industrial areas in Europe tend to have them.

Cheers
Willy

kelis

Fantastic update once again !! I really like the power plant... you gave me a lot of inspiration. Thanks for this nice update.
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Gugu3

Really nice!I love those railyards next to the factories! &apls

kbieniu7

compdude787 – thanks! Well, I thought about it and even tried once, but I didn't like the texture difference between network and lots. As now, there are more stuff in RRW, like Multi Radius Curves and new junction pieces, I will think about it once again.
Arthur – Thank you, friend! I'll show more if it in the future, maybe next month? :)
Vizoria – In fact, It was the most random thing I've done here and the most random shot, I've taken :D But I need to add, that now I try to look at your works to copy your MMP Paths.
Themistokles – Is there any steel mill here? Did I missed something :D Well, it meant to be a power station. I build a quite big steel mill in the city, but on the other side of the River, near district of Nowa Huta (which name actually means "New Steel Mill") ;) The cobblestone street are there, because of the fact, they simulate old minor streets, just like Swordmaster told. Thanks for a comment!
Nanami – Thank you :) Actually it was my first time to make such a junction.
11241036 – You might be right, it's long dead end. I tried to make the main avenue as collision-free with minor roads as possible, but I should have connect it from both side, but without trough-traffic (only right turns). Thanks for that point!
Akallan – Merci ;) Actually, that's not a nuclear power plant :D It's powered by coal. We don't have nuclear energy here, like in, for example, France :D
Willy – Thank you. You've got it, they simulate old, maybe even pre-war pavement ;)
Kelis – Thanks, I'm glad to hear that! I hope, you will produce some nice shots, then :)
Gugu3 – Thank you :)

I promised to show rural areas behind the power station, but I decided to do something different. You know, I don't want to make you bored, hehe ;)

Today, we're going into mountains (once again!) But, a little bit further south. In fact, it's the most point moved south of whole Galand. We're going to see the border crossing between Galand and Kasandria (that's a real region of DaveN, that really starts at this place) at Mountain Pass near Łupina.

1. You can see flags of Galand (white-blue) and Kasandria (white-black-red). ..

2....as well as signs, that tell the people, they're entering Galand ;D

3. Of course, driving the other direction, we see a sign of Kasandria.

4.Due to the fact, that both countries are members of Union of Regions (a project, that used to be held at SimCityPolska), what means something like EU, Schengen zone etc., you can cross the border freely, wherever and whenever you want and the building is now unused.

5.Whole border line is marked in field by small white-red obelisks (really, there are few hundreds of this small stuff placed in a line of around 30 in-game-kilometers, dividing the region).

6.In fact, it looks almost the same as Polish-Slovakian (or Polish-Czech) border. Here's an example, of a border obelisk in Tatra Mountains.

7.Let's take a trail going along the border and see some more of mountainous...

8. ...green...

9. ...climbing up...

10. ...and full of natural beauty shots ;)

*The building used as a border control point is available at SimCityPolska, right here. It's a model of Polish-Slovakian border crossing at Glinka Pass. Model was done by Rav, lotting by me.

Hope, you enjoy!
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Themistokles

Oops, now I see it's a power plant! (Mea culpa, read and looked too quickly last time!) It's very well planned and integrated with the railway network nonetheless :thumbsup: Also very interesting to hear about the cobble stones... we don't have them in industrial areas here in Sweden, but that's maybe because there are few old industries left (and industrialisation also came here very late). Most industries are now in separate industrial areas built outside the cities along the motorways or other major routes. So I should probably take a closer look on the industries whenever I'm in continental Europe :D

Regarding this update: Awesome landscape! I like the way you've built both the border itself and the border check-point, and how integrated they are into the landscape. &apls The custom signs are a nice touch!
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

vortext

I'd love to go for a hike there!   &apls

And since that you mention him, is DaveN still active? Haven't seen him around on SC4D for quite a while. Also thanks for the border crossing upload!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

noahclem

Lovely updates! The landscapes are particularly impressive  &apls

compdude787

Those are some awesome mountain landscapes! And I like that old border crossing.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Vizoria

The terrain works wonderfully with deciduous forest scenes. Great paths by the way, where did you get those pretty little white/grey stones from?

Girafe

Nice tribute to my flora.

You really know how to do nice landscapes  :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    *