• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Removing the Toilet Paper Prop

Started by Duvad, October 08, 2008, 02:10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duvad

I'm not really sure where to put this, so feel free to move it if required.

Anyway, is there anyway of removing the (I believe) Maxis-made prop of a tree with toilet paper all over it.

The prop family it belongs in is used heavily in the houses I have in my regions so I want it removed because it looks pretty ugly and comes up way too often.

Andreas

You can make a copy of the TP tree prop and remove it from the prop family. Open SimCity_1.dat with the reader and click on the "Exemplar Analyzer" button. In the new window, first click "Search" and then "Tree" in order to get the tree view of all exemplar files. Open the "Object" branch and scroll down until you find "CRFlora10x10x15_tp-tree_29EB". Right-click the entry and select "Add to patch". Now close the Exemplar Analyzer again, and select "Save recorded exemplars" from the "file" menu. Save the file as a new DAT in your plugins folder. Open the file with the Reader afterwards, select the exemplar file and remove the "Building/Prop family" property, and save the DAT.
Andreas

Diggis

Isn't it tied to crime?  Sounds like you ahve too much crime going on there

RippleJet

Quote from: Diggis on October 08, 2008, 07:31:02 AM
Isn't it tied to crime?

Yes, it does have a requester satisfaction for crime.

That must be why I've never seen it in the game... ::)

sim-al2

I never seen a toliet paper tree. (besides the one in the JRJ street mod that comes up too often ) Of course, the cities in which I had lots of crime barely had any trees!
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

un1

I have seen it before in the Lot Editor. For all I know, it is a Maxis prop so there is no way of removing it.

-un1

girlfromverona

LOL - I was just thinking about the stupid toilet paper tree earlier today. I use Jeronij's awesome Street Mod and find it pops up quite a bit with that. I usually just replop street tiles until it goes away, but it's a bit of a hassle.

Andreas, will your solution stop it from showing up via the street mod?

Andreas

Quote from: girlfromverona on October 08, 2008, 09:44:39 PM
Andreas, will your solution stop it from showing up via the street mod?

I don't know how jeronij configured his mod; if he used said prop family, the TP tree should disappear from the streets. You'd have to need to load the changed tree prop exemplar file before the street tree mod. Alternatively, you could use the SFBT Street Tree Mod, which uses a set of completely new prop families that rely on custom-made prop exemplar files. No TP tree should show up there (along the streets, that is).
Andreas

RippleJet

Another way of removing the toilet papers would be to change the Resource Key Type 1 of the prop.

By replacing:

• (0x5AD0E817,0xBADB57F1,0x29EB0000)
with:

• (0x5AD0E817,0xBADB57F1,0x29F70000)

...the Toilet Paper Tree would reference the S3D file without papers.
Thus, regardless whether the TP tree has been used in a family or not, all toilet papers would be flushed.

I'm enclosing a "Toilet Paper Free Toilet Paper Tree" (hey, I'm rhyming) to this post... ::)

EDIT:
Attachment removed. Now available on the LEX:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1810

sim-al2

Yah! Gets rid of that over occuring treey thing, even if I don't get it very much!
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

zero7

Quote from: RippleJet on October 09, 2008, 02:42:40 AM
Another way of removing the toilet papers would be to change the Resource Key Type 1 of the prop.

By replacing:

• (0x5AD0E817,0xBADB57F1,0x29EB0000)
with:

• (0x5AD0E817,0xBADB57F1,0x29F70000)

...the Toilet Paper Tree would reference the S3D file without papers.
Thus, regardless whether the TP tree has been used in a family or not, all toilet papers would be flushed.

I'm enclosing a "Toilet Paper Free Toilet Paper Tree" (hey, I'm rhyming) to this post... ::)

Thanks - a must-have mod.  I love the jeronij street mod, but hate the fact it causes the TP tree to appear so this is extremely welcome  &apls

Call me Richard

RippleJet

Duvad

Thanks to everyone for their help. Hopefully I won't have any problems anymore with this silly tree.

I didn't realise it was related to crime, though. In one city where I have lots of Victorian (the Australian state, not the architecture) and Melbourne houses/lots made by Thesdale (from Simtropolis), it is popping up every 2nd lot, and the crime in this city is '1 crime, no arrests' (as my police stations are realistically spread throughout the region). Is that crime level bad?