• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Industry Lot Size?

Started by Pat, September 23, 2008, 07:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

OK as I think I've become pretty good with doing lots for Residental's / Commercial's / Parks / LM with and without jobs... OK so all that out of the way I've been trying my hand at IND and the first lot I am tackling is the Freeland Yak Stew Factory by Berserk666

OK So now knowing that this is a landmark lot, I relotted it and wanted to make it into a IND lot that grows and also PLOP with job's... With that in mind I figured all I had to do was open an exsiting ID Lot and change the lot size, yea that failed...  So no matter what I do to change the Lot size in a growable ID lot it will not adjust to the lot size I need of 10x15... Ive tried doing that in the Reader as well to change the lot size but something I screw up where it goes way larger then 10x15... Helllllllllllllllllp!!!

ohh here is my lot that I did and just a LM

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Diggis

I'm not 100% sure, but that may be due to size limitations in the LE.  Hopefully someone who has more experience will be able to confirm that.  It might need to be done in the reader.

On the lot, nice work.  I would just request some more action around the buildings.  A few truck, a forklift maybe, and people!

wouanagaine

Growable in LE are limited to 6x6 if my memory serves right

You can push the limit using reader, just make sure you did pay attention to hex edition as 10x15 in hex means 16x21 in decimal so if you want a 10x15 lot you should enter 0xA by 0xF

Hope that helps

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

threestooges

Pat,
QuoteSo no matter what I do to change the Lot size in a growable ID lot it will not adjust to the lot size I need of 10x15... Ive tried doing that in the Reader as well to change the lot size but something I screw up where it goes way larger then 10x15... Helllllllllllllllllp!!!
Quick thought about the lot size issue you mentioned. I'm guessing you are altering the Lot Config Property Size aspect of the building exemplar. If that is the case, I believe the notation is in Hex format: 10x15 would read 0x0A, 0x0F. If it does read in hex notation, an input of 10x15 would result in a lot of 16x21.

-edit: wouanagaine beat me to it.

RippleJet

Pat

Shaun thanks Mate and I promisse you I will get more props on that lot asap now that I know where I messed up lol....

Wou and Matt thanks a lot to both of you's!!!!

Tage thank you for that link to the tut!!!

I wish I could give you all a karma point for your quick help here today...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threestooges

Quote from: Pat on September 24, 2008, 09:25:37 AMI wish I could give you all a karma point for your quick help here today...
That can be arrainged.
-Matt

Pat

Matt thank you for that help out and now someone needs to return the favor to you as well!!!  Also as an update I got the lot size set and also got it to grow, now I just I got to get the lot done...

Diggis

Pat

Thank you Shaun!!!!  :thumbsup: 

Updated I did get the lot to grow and also I figured out where I went wrong with transfering the lot config properties over, what I was doing instead of starting at the unknown part and going down I took the lot object whoopsie... So that would infact basicly turn my ID lot back into another LM gaah, but after a few trial and errors I got it correct YaY!!!  So again thank you all...  :thumbsup:

threestooges

Thanks for that Shaun. Good to hear you have everything straightened out Pat. I'll look forward to seeing what else you'll come up with.
-Matt