• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Kingdom of Nova Terra, Update 5.5: Hotel Regina

Started by alan_vzla, September 20, 2008, 11:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Yes I do Alan, very good job on the coat and flag!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

alan_vzla

Flyinbird: thanks!
bob56: Thanks. yes I did
Pat: thanks, glad you like it

KINGDOM OF NOVA TERRA, UPDATE #2
MONICA BAY

Monica Bay is a small rural community located on the west coast of Nova Terra, it's population is aprox. 2000 people. This town is, in a certain way, isolated. The only way to get here it's through a road that formed part of the National Infraestructure Network, before the trans-terra highway was built. Also, the railroad doesn't pass through here.

Well, tht's today update, hope you like it. Next time we will be travelling to another beautiful location of the Kingdom of Nova Terra, "Acacia".

Remeber, comments and suggestions are always welcome.

alan_vzla

A little teaser for all of you:

alan_vzla

flyinbird93: thanks a lot, glad you like them!

as someone said once, looks like I'm posting faster than you writing  :)

KINGDOM OF NOVA TERRA, UPDATE #3
ACACIA

Acacia is a quiet rural town of aprox. 13000 people, divided in 2 settlements, commonly called old and new Acacia, located on the east and west bank respectively. As you may see, "old Acacia" is much bigger that it's counterpart.

As you can see, farm occupy most of the land. Another thing to highlight is that, even being a small town, Acacia has a very developed infraestructure system, consisting on both road and rail

One of the two bridges that cross the Nunavut (I know that this is the name of a region in Canada, but I heared it recently and liked very much) river, this river doesn't posses a big economic importance, becuase in most of its parts it's too shallow, it is mainly used by small private boats that go to Yavin lake

Old town hall...

And the new one

The rail viaduct, built in the 1920's

Acacia General hospital, the second highest structure in town after Uncle Joe's grain elevator, that can be seen in the first picture on the coast of the west bank.

Little red church

Overview of old Acacia

And new Acacia

Well thats all for today's update, hope you like the pictures. I'll try to post another update before Christmas, but with my computer being so slow nothing is for sure, in case that I don't get to post it, I want to wish you a merry christmas!

Bye for now, Alan

thundercrack83

Wonderful stuff here, alan_vzla!

Acacia looks fantastic--I love the farmlands, the downtown section--everything looks just magnificent, my friend!

Keep up the good work!

Dustin

bat

You have there some nice updates! And your pictures are looking really great!
Acacia is looking wonderful! :thumbsup:

alan_vzla

thundercrak83: thank you very much! happy you stopped by
bat: thanks, glad you like it!

BONUS UPDATE: BEAUTIES OF THE NATURE (Pt. I)

Mount Everest: Standing at 8.844m over the sea level, it's the highest mountain of the Earth, located in the border between Nepal and Tibet (China)

Great Barrier Reef: stretching for aprox. 133,000 sq mi on the Coral Sea, Australia, it's the largest coral reef system of the world

Angel Falls: with it's 979m, and 807m of clear drop; it's the world's highest waterfall. Located in the Canaima National Park, Venezuela. This mesa, and the others of this national park, are amongst the oldest rocks of the planet

Also, I want to wish you a very happy 2009, full of success and great moments.
Thank you all, for the support over this year, and waiting to see more from you in this new year.
Happy New Year, your friend Alan

CabraBuitre

Check out Abelfarei!

io_bg

Amazing update! &apls (one small note - Mt. Everest isn't fully in Nepal, it's on the border between China and Nepal :))
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

bat

These landscapes are looking really great! Nice mountain!

FrankU

Wow!
Really nice pictures, but (don't take this as an offense, because it is surely not meant as such) aren't we playing Sim CITY? ;D

MandelSoft

I should have visited this MD some more times!

WOWZERS! Those are amazing shots in your last update! It's suprising what you can do with SC4  :)

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

kbieniu7

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

alan_vzla

Just a small note... This last week has been full of happenings, but I wanted to share with you the most relevant

First of all: I joined the LBT team, after some months thinking if I should or shouldn't, I finally did it.

And last but not least, just wanted to say thanks to the people who made possible that this picture:

entered the SC4D picture HoF, by winning the 3 in a row reglamentary competitions. And to the ones which I compited against (Art128, Pat and Simpson) no matter what the results say, those were all great pics!

Schulmanator

Wow! You have some great pix of nature here. Very impressive.

And, now in the LBT team? Cool! I would like to see your work.  &apls
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Simpson

Hi Alan
Very fine update here my friend  :o Also congratulation for your new picture in HoF  ;)

Bye

David
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

paroch

Hi Alan,

I've finally had the time and the chance to look through all of your MD.  I may not have read all of the words, but I've enjoyed all of the pictures.  Your tour of the mediterranean, tuscany, holland and germany were all very good.  The natural shots of everest, great barrier reef and angel falls were also very impressive.  I think the frams on those rolling tuscan hills and the angel falls were my favourites.

And your own kingdon Nova Terra is getting off to a great start.  I've enjoyed it all.  Good luck with the next stages and I'll make sure I come back again.

Paul

anarchy0029

Will premiere in January 2009
Otherwise, look up "City of Hypertrophy" on Simtropolis

tcx

First of all I want to apologize to you for not writting a comment before in your MD. Today a saw all the pics and read all comments and replies and all I have to say is : WOW! Beautiful pics, great recreations of certains parts of the world and awesome job on the Coral Reefs and waterfalls.

Keep like this and your MD will become a classic and will continue to inspire me.

Saludos Compa LBTense !:))

PS. Sorry for my english, this year I'm having problems with my spanish and english aswell. :(