• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Sithlrd98 Mods and stuff

Started by sithlrd98, September 18, 2008, 07:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sithlrd98

Kinda wish I had seen the post earlier....I think this is as close as a color match as one could hope for....(and it was partly you/partly me)

Now if I could get the start/end model corrected for appearance and of course fix the prop placement of the other 2 pieces , than I think this may work!

Jayson

wes.janson

Well whatever you did.. you did it right.  &apls

Glad I could help.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

sithlrd98

I have decided to re-think this whole project , and in doing so I have had to adjust the NAM pieces 0.1000000 and lower the sidewalk slightly below the 0.000000 plane. This causes one of two things to happen: either I release the adjusted models with the mod , or that particular .dat would need to be updated.What this has allowed is the sidewalk is low enough not to intrude onto the road , and also limits the "line" around the whole curve that is caused by the lots being on a flat 0 plane. I also have tried to adjust the start/end models by stretching the road slightly , which on some rotations looks fine while others it doesn't.I also was able to not only match the sidewalk better , but was able to get the pieces all lined up correctly.
What all these changes don't do is fix the slope conformity which is way beyond me.

I have decided to go this route mainly because of something BuddyBud wrote in his Tut:    
Tutorial on making my s3d props
, mainly the amount of available IIDs in the badb57f1 model group , but also the amount of props that are needed is too many.

That said , here are some pics:

As you can see , the start model is elevated and gives a somewhat undesireable effect, even though I had slightly adjusted the vertices accordingly.

Different rotation , looks better, still has that annoying line though!

Bad idea for many slopes!

If this is acceptable, than let me know!

Jayson

ElPhantasmo69

I have a quick question - I have the Wide Radius curve avenues and the corresponding white sidewalk mod but I don't see the sidewalk textures when I plop the piece; just the trees and the grass beneath. I don't have any other sidewalk mods and can't figure this out. Any thoughts?

eqXzeRt

sithlrd98,
I always was wondering - what terrain texture mod do u use on your screens?

sithlrd98

If you have downloaded the previous beta , please delete before installing. You will see 4 files: Sidewalk_Test_07_04_09.dat,zzzWealth_T-21_2.dat...these two are required.

The last 2 are modified NAM pieces...the MINOR is just that...I raised the pieces .100000,while leaving everything else alone.

The RADICAL file not only raises the pieces .1000000 , but also stretches some of the models to try and hide the elevation from the Maxis pieces to the NAM as well as hide
some undesirable effects from the addition of a sidewalk. See previous pics.

With use of Radical settings

Some pieces are longer to compensate for drop

USE ONLY ONE AT A TIME!!!!!

The RADICAL pieces are a little tricky to place in conjunction with other pieces , and some interesting effects will occur.

Neither of these fix the slope conforming issues , and I recommend either gentle slopes with a slope mod installed or just placed flat. This part only has the standard curves.

This is just the Maxis textures, if this is working correctly , then more will follow. As before these need to be placed in the NAM/plugins folder.

Jayson

sithlrd98

Also, for anyone who uses my white sidewalk replacement mod , this file is for you.

Just grab the Sidewalk_Test_07_04_09.dat and one of the model files from previous attachment.

Jayson

wes.janson

Downloaded!

I'll set them up in the sandbox region I am using for testing the growing capabilities of my relottiing crusade.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

sithlrd98

Well , its been a while since I uploaded these , and only a few people have downloaded. I have not heard anything back so I'm not sure if that is a good thing or what! I have been toying with a suggestion that Jan(Swamper) gave me , and it kinda seems promising , but brings me back to square one on the mod. Since there have been many who requested this type of mod for quite a while , I thought there would be more interest!

Since I have already done the regular curves in both Maxis wealths as well as the White sidewalk override, I will begin on the FAR.

Jayson

vershner

I downloaded, but forgot to try it yesterday...
I've tried it now and it seemed to work fine, so I set about modding the mod to fit the sidewalk texture I was using.

I used a simple texture override rather than actually replacing the textures in your dat, and interestingly, it matched the colours properly. I didn't have to darken the texture at all.

That may be a better way to do the default textures too. It's much simpler than trying to match up the saturation and brightness for hours!

sithlrd98

Because of the issues that both sets have , I've decided to go back to the beginning and remove all beta/test files. I mainly wanted to make sure the T-21 worked as it should.The current way works , and is very easy to change but requires too many external changes, ie altering the NAM files. They are set at the proper height and length as is...by raising them , it will cause undesired effects  , and stretching only sorta masks the issues and only works on some pieces ,but could cause even more problems.

The way I've decided to go is a much longer approach and I have to create many,many props...but is also the best match with almost zero side effects. They are still limited on slope conformity , but so are the actual curves.
The project is very time consuming and time is something I don't have a lot of , so progress will be slower , but the final product will be much better!

vershner : that will work , but if you try to do the same with the roads , you'll notice a big difference , mainly because the road is texture based , whereas the curves,etc. are model based. The overall idea with this first set was  as close as possible to match both cosmetic and function as the normal Maxis roads.

Jayson

vershner

Quote from: sithlrd98 on July 06, 2009, 01:27:26 PM
vershner : that will work , but if you try to do the same with the roads , you'll notice a big difference , mainly because the road is texture based , whereas the curves,etc. are model based. The overall idea with this first set was  as close as possible to match both cosmetic and function as the normal Maxis roads.
No, that's what I mean. I already use that texture for the road sidewalks, and I used the same texture for the curve, with no adjusting for colour.
I did it as an override though, a new dat with one texture, ID f3d80089. For some reason this keeps the colour the same, so they match up perfectly.

sithlrd98

Well....I guess you got lucky! ;D Every texture I've done , except for the White and Sandstone , had to be changed. However , I wonder if it has something to do with how dark it is.

Never the less , don't get too cozy with the beta...its being redone ...again , this time I not only am using my texture range IIDs , but also my prop IIDs, just to make it more "official" ::)

Jayson

dedgren

Jayson- hang in there.  I think your willingness to back up and adopt the more difficult solution will only make a great concept all that much greater in practice.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

sithlrd98

The US version of the new FAR transitions sidewalk mod is on the Stex.   

For any questions , you know where to find me! :)

Jayson

sithlrd98

It seems that there is still some confusion on how my mod and the SFBT Euro Road Textures Mod work.

In order to have both a Euro texture , and a sidewalk , you must install only the version that is optional in the SFBT Euro Textures Mod.

Excerpt from euro road textures mod update Read-Me

Euro textures for the alternative Wide Radius Curves by Sithlrd98

* zzz_Sithlrd98_Road_Curves_Gn_leugim_Texture_Euro.dat - for the Portuguese WRC sidewalk textures by Gn_leugim
    * zzz_Sithlrd98_Road_Curves_Sandstone_Texture_Euro.dat - for the WRC sandstone sidewalk textures by SMP
    * zzz_Sithlrd98_Road_Curves_SAP_Texture_Euro.dat - for the WRC concrete textures by SAP
    * zzz_Sithlrd98_Road_Curves_White_Texture_Euro.dat - for the WRC sidewalk textures by Maxis
    * zzz_Sithlrd98_FAR_Update_1_Gn_leugim_Texture_Euro.dat - for the Portuguese FAR sidewalk textures by Gn_leugim
    * zzz_Sithlrd98_FAR_Update_1_Sandstone_Texture_Euro.dat - for the FAR sandstone sidewalk textures by SMP
    * zzz_Sithlrd98_FAR_Update_1_SAP_Texture_Euro.dat - for the FAR concrete textures by SAP
    * zzz_Sithlrd98_FAR_Update_1_White_Texture_Euro.dat - for the FAR sidewalk textures by Maxis
    * zzz3_Sithlrd98_FAR_JRJ_LW_Euro.dat - for the FAR sidewalk textures by jeronij (low wealth)
    * zzz3_Sithlrd98_FAR_Update_1_JRJ_LW_Euro.dat - for the FAR sidewalk textures by jeronij (low wealth)
    * zzz3_Sithlrd98_WRC_Standard_JRJ_LW_Euro.dat - for the WRC sidewalk textures by jeronij (low wealth)
    * zzz2_Sithlrd98_FAR_JRJ_MW_Euro.dat - for the FAR sidewalk textures by jeronij (medium wealth)
    * zzz2_Sithlrd98_FAR_Update_1_JRJ_MW_Euro.dat - for the FAR sidewalk textures by jeronij (medium wealth)
    * zzz2_Sithlrd98_WRC_Standard_JRJ_MW_Euro.dat - for the WRC sidewalk textures by jeronij (medium wealth)
    * zzz1_Sithlrd98_FAR_JRJ_HW_Euro.dat - for the FAR sidewalk textures by jeronij (high wealth)
    * zzz1_Sithlrd98_FAR_Update_1_JRJ_HW_Euro.dat - for the FAR sidewalk textures by jeronij (high wealth)
    * zzz1_Sithlrd98_WRC_Standard_JRJ_HW_Euro.dat - for the WRC sidewalk textures by jeronij (high wealth)

Now , since Sithlrd98 WRC Sidewalk Texture Mod Jeronij Texture is set-up a little differently (modular)...I would suggest downloading the
MAC version of the SFBT Euro Road Textures Mod since it will allow for you to copy the desired combination easier than the Windows installer does ,and follow these directions:

Upon looking at each folder , you will see "zzz1,zzz2,zzz3 in front of the .dat files as well as abbreviation HW,MW,LW denoting the wealth of the texture. You can use any combination of these  as long as you do not have 2 of the same Standard or FAR .dats installed , or 2 of the 90 and 45 degrees installed at the same time.
Here is an example :

(The first TWO are the Avenues from the above linked mod)

• zzz3_SL98_JRJ_WRC_90_HW
    zzz1_SL98_JRJ_WRC_45_LW

zzz2_Sithlrd98_WRC_Standard_JRJ_MW_Euro
    zzz1_Sithlrd98_FAR_JRJ_HW_Euro
    zzz3_Sithlrd98_FAR_Update_1_JRJ_LW_Euro

Will give you:

• High Wealth 90 degree Avenue curve
    Low Wealth 45 degree Avenue Curve
    Medium Wealth 45 , S, 90 , and small 90 Road curves
    High wealth FAR pieces from the first FAR set
    Low Wealth FAR pieces from the NAM June 09 update

The same goes for the US version , although the names and wealth "ZZZ"numbers are different , It works pretty much the same.

You will need to place whichever combination you choose into  your  MyDocuments\SimCity 4\Plugins\Network Addon Mod\Plugins  As they need to load after the NAM.  To uninstall , simply remove them.  I recommend against mixing these with my other mods simply because the way this is done is probably confusing enough , but it is the easiest way I can explain

Again , any questions about this part of the SFBT Euro Textures Mod , should be asked here.

Jayson

jmdude1

thanks for the farr update to your great work.  once again its much appreciated.  i was wondering if an update for the street curves might be coming sometime in the future?

sithlrd98

I honestly have not given it much thought. I have a few projects that I have started so I want to get those at least close to finishing as well as some side stuff before I take on anything else. Thanks for the support!

Jayson

Albus of Garaway

What great work you've done here, Jayson! I'm positive that your hard work is going to pay off. I'm very excited for the wealth textures, especially.

Good luck!

sithlrd98

Once I make sure I did not forget anything , I will upload them...it doesn't matter what sidewalk mod you use , so they will blend.

Jayson