• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Sithlrd98 Mods and stuff

Started by sithlrd98, September 18, 2008, 07:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swamper77

My only suggestion about the curve you have done is to swap the grass and sidewalks so they match up with the Maxis road graphics. Only streets and avenues have the grass strips next to the roadway.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

sithlrd98

BuddyBud:
I appreciate all the help and encouragement you have given me! When the time comes for me to actually implement this , I definitely will drop you a line and make sure that this does go off without any issues!
Jan:
Yeah , I kinda flubbed the order in which the textures were supposed to be! Since I have limited skills in graphics programs,this was my first attempt at reverse alpha/alpha texturing,so I was mainly just seeing how it would work. I also appreciate all the help and answers that you also have given me!
Ryan B.:
Thanks for dropping by! Great job on the signs!

I do plan on messing around some more with the rails and the WRC stuff this weekend but think I may be able to at least get some of the JRJ stuff done.(providing R/L doesn't make it impossible..still on call for work emergencies  :thumbsdown:)

Jayson

sithlrd98

I'm Getting there!

Before         After

I'm starting to see things in black and white from messing with alpha maps...think I'm getting better,although I don't think I can get it "perfect"! I can definitely see why this wasn't done already!

Jayson

Pat

LoL Jayson I feel your pain there man!!!! But once its done its a great joy to see it done aint it???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

sithlrd98

Just taking a break from these...this is what I've been looking at for the last hour......

The Standard road curve pieces have already been textured (X3) and these represent the 2nd set of the FAR....Eyes are killing me!

Jayson

sithlrd98

wes.janson

You big tease!

I am very much looking forward to these.  &apls

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

vershner

Beautiful!  I'll finally be able to use wide curves in built-up areas.

carkid1998

Are they... wealth dependent textures??

If so then MMMmmmm 8) 8)
Sendona... Coming soon!

sithlrd98

OK , so I'm done teasing...the mod is up on the Stex.

Unfortunately , this one is not actually wealth textured , its more of an illusion as I decided to go modular , meaning that you can have 1 texture for the 45 , another for the 90 , still another for the original NAM curves , and 1 for the FAR. That way , you have more choices / variety.
Even though this is by far the biggest mod I've done (each piece had 3 textures) , it actually took less time to complete! Now I need to get back to the other projects and will update as I go.Of course since David (Dedgren) is making even more pieces over at 3RR , I'll be busy doing those , but hopefully the right way :D And yes , there will be a Euro version , but that will probably be when the Euro mod is updated.

Jayson

darraghf

The euro mod has been updated since February, i think, except for the rural roads plugin.
-Darraghf
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

sithlrd98

Yes, but they don't contain these textures , nor does it contain euro textures for all the stuff David has/is making for the VLR and HDR.

Jayson

darraghf

Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

vershner

As we were discussing earlier - you were right. Changing the roundabout bases was easy. I've done the road ones. I'll have a look at the street ones next.

sithlrd98

Cool! But,giving credit where its due.... Jan was the one who explained how to do it...I have never even tried 'em!

On a side note , I have decided to wait on the re-texture project mainly because of some developments I learned about in January , and that have been confirmed by Alex in the NAM creations thread. I did not completely realize that the technique used was as far along as it is.I don't know exactly how much has been done , and really think that once implemented , the work I was doing will become obsolete as well as be more complete. I am also not sure , but think that the exception to this will be the FAR/FARR and the WRRC, but just in case, I think I'll stop while I'm slightly ahead and pursue some other things that I've been thinking about doing for awhile.One is another T-21 mod , but with a theme that I hope will be useful!

Jayson

JonM

Its great!

got to remember to put in the NAM plugins folder though!!!

MAS71

Hi Jayson san. :)
Thank you for all of your MODs, I'm always looked forward to your new creations.  ;)
but
QuoteJust taking a break from these...this is what I've been looking at for the last hour......
....Eyes are killing me!
:D Hahahaha.....oh, sorry....  ;D
Yes, Yes I can, I understand very well your EFFORT and HARDSHIPS for make them.  ;)
At first, You must becarful your health, and you keep it to good always!!  :thumbsup:

Take care
-Mas'71

buddybud

Excellent update to roundabouts folks  :thumbsup:

Keep up the good ideas jayson & all.

Bud

sithlrd98

Newest project underway:

Really need some other streetlights for these ...Maxis lights are not the perfect mix here! Will be addressing the Avenues, Ave.curves, roads,One Way Roads,and the FAR.

Jayson

MAS71

Hello Jayson san.  :)
It's a good creations !  &apls

I'm so sorry that I don't have knowledges how to make good light corns with BAT(max).. &mmm
QuoteMaxis lights are not the perfect mix here!
I could not see any state in your pics as you said, Does the Maxis light-corn used in this pics? Are they not light up right now?

For example, Used Light corns in the Ripplejet san's "RJ - Brighter $$$ Street Lights", It seems to so good. ;)
Was MAXIS's corn used for this ?

by the way,
Thank you for you using my Sakura(cherry) trees in your nice MOD. :)
I know that this version is rough draft one, but Are your MOD have 2 kind of size of Sakura ?(Large and Small)
I think that it's desirable to used only a Smalls. ;)
and Please use(to resized and more) my Sakura for freely if you want to do. ;)

Thank you.

##### Edited ######
I did find some Light-corns in the BSC MEGA Props Misc Vol01 too.
How it be good to your MOD ?