• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Erie, North Dakota

Started by Soapy, September 12, 2008, 09:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soapy

As my Cj progresses at Simtrop I thought I would share a bit of it here. For those who don't know I have started showcasing my various city creations. So far I have created four separate fictional cities, though based in the real world, one of which I will showcase here. You can see all my works at ST, direct link to my CJ ->Click

As I stated already I have multiple cities, but I will only be showing one here, my latest.
So onto the pictures!

That's all I have to show at the moment, as soon as I get more screen shots from this City I will post them.
til' then, Cheers!  ;D
If your heart's a diamond, buddy, what's the price?

nerdly_dood

Nice opening! I'd like to see how you finish the rest of the city.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

threestooges

I'm glad you brought this over here. I don't get over to ST as frequently these days and I've missed this up 'til now. Great work you've done so far. The downtown area looks very realistic. Not too cluttered, not too empty, a tough balance to reach. It all fits together so well. Was any of it plopped or did it all grow that way?  The school facilities look great too. all of it blends together very fluidly. Great work and I'll certainly be waiting to see what you have next.

rooker1

Very nice way to start an MD here at SC4D.  Your city looks very good so far.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

art128

Hey , I see your MD at simtropolis and it's very good  &apls excellent start with good looking pictures  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

metasmurf

I've never been to the states but this fits very well in with my "mental image" of a mid-sized american town. Good job!

Simpson

WOW  &apls it's so réalistic your city is looking superb
I'm until forward to the next update
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

estepaflip

i love your city building! Not a maxis building in sight! $%Grinno$%

nerdly_dood

Actually if I'm right there are two Maxis buildings - one square white condo building on the far left of the second image, and the Maxis main library building on the right of the same image. But that's all I can see... and only two is pretty decent.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

BigSlark

Great start, Soapy. You've captured the Midwest perfectly. I can't wait to see where Erie goes.

Cheers,
Kevin

bat

Your city looks really beautiful, Soapy!
And fantastic looking pictures of it!

Also the start of this MD is great. Looking forward to more... :)

Schulmanator

A nice town which I think really conveys the look and feel you are striving to achieve. Fine work!  &apls
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Sheep49

Your MD at Simtrop is great! Glad to see it here! :thumbsup:

I have to say that it looks very stylish and American!

Good luck with building it! ;D
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

Soapy

Its been a while, a bit longer then I would have thought before updating, though I finally have a first Update ready now (actually this is the second update at ST) :D

Erie, North Dakota
First Update

This is how the current downtown centre looks...

And just some more close-ups.

And I guess for last a recent overview.

Now for some feeback;

nerdly_dood:
Hmm. Good eye spotting the maxis buildings, though you missed a few. For Instance the Lewis LLC building, which is the older building in the skyline, is maxis - I thought it was the more obvious - as well in the fourth screen-shot there is a smaller w2w building that is also maxis. I think there are some others, but none have yet to appear in these screen-shots.
Thanks for the comments! :)
threestooges:
Yeah, I find myself less and less active at ST nowadays, so I thought it was good to expand my CJ/MDing a bit. To answer your question, everything up to this point has been %100 plopped, growing cities I find don't get the same results, if any, this way I can get even balance.
Thanks for checking out my MD! I always appreciate feedback  ;)
rooker1:
Why thank you!
art128:
Hey, thanks! glad you like it.
metasmurf:
Well thats interesting, eh? thanks for the comment. ;)
Simpson:
Thanks!
estepaflip:
As I told nerdly_dood, they're there... you just need to be very observant. ;)
BigSlark:
Ive never been to the Mid-west myself, Its been quite difficult acquiring its specific looks, but Im glad you think that!  :-[
bat:
Much thanks ;D
Schulmanator:
Well I do hope to achieve... what it was I was striving for. $%Grinno$% Thanks for commenting!
Sheep49:
Why thank you!  :)
If your heart's a diamond, buddy, what's the price?

kbieniu7

Very nice. There's too much concrete, but it has something that I like it xD
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Geronimo

Nice work Soapy , looking really good so far!
Great first update, I`m looking forward to see more of Erie  :thumbsup:

art128

very great update my friend  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sheep49

Nice update Soapy! I really like how you use many curves to make railroads and roads be in some strange degrees! :thumbsup:

Looks really nice! Can't wait for more! ;)
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

Simpson

This is looking really good, Soapy
I love the general picture, so réalistic. Great work
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

jmyers2043

Hello Soapy

Nice journal your got going here. The screen grabs actually, kind of, look likes a town in the Dakota's.  :thumbsup:
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)