• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Simlympics

Started by canuck3360, July 16, 2008, 05:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canuck3360

First Simlympics - October 2006 - New Rhodesia
Second Simlympics - December 2006 - New Dunstonville
Third Simlympics - March 2007 - Avery
Fourth Simlympics - June 2007 - Nyhaven, Lower Columbia
Fifth Simlympics - October 2007 - Payens, Osturland
Sixth Simlympics - December 2007 - Windsor Park
Seventh Simlympics - August 2008 -

Simlympic Website
Simlympic Forums at SimSports

What is the Simlympics?
The Simlympics is a Sim City 4 version of the Olympics. Just like the Olympics, cities bid to host the Simlympics and nations all across the world compete during the Simlympics to win medals. Simple, right?

Tell me more about Bidding...
Bidding is the first stage in the Simlympics, if there are no bids, there is no host and if there is no host there is no Simlympics. A couple of months before the Simlympics takes place, bidding opens and cities are invited to bid for the chance of hosting the Simlympics. Then at a later date, bidding closes and the ISC (International Simlympic Committee) votes for which bid they think is the best. The winning bid then becomes the host of the next Simlympics!

At the moment bidding is currently open for the August Simlympics, for more information please see the August Simlympics thread at our forums.

Tell me more about Competing...
Any SC4 city or nation is free to compete in the Simlympics; and it's really easy to sign up. All you need to do is post here using the template below, fill in the form on our websitewebsite or post on our forums.

Username -
CJ/Nation/City Name -
Link to CJ -
Union/Geographical Alliance -
(Either; North America, Eurasia/Africa, SCJU, Adrian Union, IPON or COFR)

All of the cities/nations then compete during the Simlympics in 50 sports (List can be viewed here) over a period of two weeks.

Tell me anything else I may find interesting...

ParaSimlympics
Accompanying the Simlympics is the ParaSimlympics, the ParaSimlympics consist of four sports: Wheelchair Athletics, Goalball, Swimming and Boccia.

The ParaSimlympics gives disabled Sims an opportunity to participate in the Simlympics as well as providing a unique set of sports for the spectators to watch.

ISC Sessions
The ISC meet a month or so before the Simlympics begins to vote on which bid should be the host of the next Simlympics. This session takes place somewhere in the Sim World, and your city could be that place. If you're interested in hosting an ISC session please click here.

August Simlympics

The next Simlympics will be taking place in August, bidding is in full swing and we have a seperate thread for the August Simlympics which can be seen here.

Thanks, and any questions just post and someone will get back to you :)

Yoder7652

ahh..my favorite sim community event  :thumbsup:

Shadow Assassin

I may put in a bid, but I have a city to finish first. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

canuck3360

and now onto the ISC Session

the ISC Session is hosted in a city that wishes to host the metting of the ISC to decide who will host the simlympics this ISC Session was hosted in Ste.Onge in Marceau State
Welcome to the Second ISC Sessions this time in Beautifull Ste.Onge
Bienvenue à la deuxième sessions ISC cette fois-ci dans Beautifull Ste.Onge

The ISC will meet and discuss the Bids and vote on who will get the opportunity to Host the Simlympics all Fans of the Simlympic movement as well as the ISC will converge on Ste.Onge in the state of Marceau in the Nation of Rorysville.

We have 6 Bids for the August Simlympics The ISC will meet at the Ste. Onge Civic Centre to decide who will get to host the 2008 August Simlympics.

(Ste.Onge Civic Centre and Doubletree Hotel)

The Bids(in no specific Order)
1-Kitchener(the1Ref)

"The greater Kitchener metro area now holds over 150,000 great sport fans and have enthusiastically embraced the nomination. This is Kitcheners first bid attempt to hold the Simlympics"

2-Monash(Jimbojones99)

"the Nation of Victoria is proud to announce that the city of Monash will be bidding for the August 2008 Simlympics!"

3-Penthesili(mitsos)

"Penthesili 's infrastructure are really modern and vast ready to transport from/to olympic park "

4-Alemeda(LeLeOne)

"Alameda is seeking the opportunity to host the biggest event in its history, the 2008 Simlympic Games, which will transform the city into a world-class destination."

5-Port Matthew(NMUspidey)

"It's a thriving city with a population of over 620,000 people in a region of well over 1.3 million. It would be a mistake not to consider this beautiful location for the Simlympics!"

6-Laval(canuck3360)

"La victoire par Triomphe la Beauté au-delà de Boundries(Victory through Triumph,Beauty Beyond Boundries)"

and before and after the Announcement some areas to visit while in Ste.Onge

Ste.Onge Eastern Delta Region Shopping Centre

La Remoulande Field Home to Ste.Onge FC of the RVFA's Second Division and the weekend of the Session they will host Ste.Catherines FC on Saturday at 2:05pm

Downtown Ste.Onge is full of Shops,Bars and Resturants

Ste.Onge Field(Ste.Onge's newest Venue) is home to the Lac Monsters du Ste. Onge(AA Baseball-Marceau League) the weekend of the ISC Session they will host the Trois Rivers Deltafish on Friday and Saturday at 7:05pm and on Sunday at 1:05pm

the Nightlife in Ste.Onge is always exciting with the Bars and Resturants as well as music clubs and dance clubs also on Friday and Saturday Night there will be a fireworks display on the banks of Lac Onge

Ste.Onge from the air at night

See you all after the Results!
Rendez-vous tous les après les résultats!

canuck3360

and now the ISC's descion
Firstly, I'd like to thank the beautiful city of Ste. Onge for hosting the 7th ISC Session. We've all enjoyed our time in the city, the Doubletree Hotel was most comfortable and before the voting we walked along the river which was awesome. The Civic Centre is a beautiful venue and we especially appreciated the bridge between the hotel and the centre :D.

Now, for what everyone has been waiting for; the results of the 7th ISC Session.

First of all, I'd like to say thank you to all the bidders! It's been a difficult few months for us and the reception we got from you guys has been incredible, and we couldn't have asked for anymore. Your support has helped us come back and I really appreciate it. The bids, as always, have been fantastic so good job everyone. Thank you for all the hard work you've put into your bids. Even though only one bidder can host the Simlympics I sincerely hope you've all enjoyed the experience and may even wish to bid again in the future.

Now, it is my pleasure to announce that the games of the seventh Simlympiad will be hosted by the city of....

CLICK

&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

A huge congratulations to the winner, a truly deserved host. I and all the ISC look forward to a fantastic Simlympics :D. Commiserations to the unlucky bids, but as I said before - I hope you've enjoyed the experience.

Again, congratulations to the host of the August Simlympics - Penthesili!

Thank you and good night.

Yoder7652

congrats to Penthesili  &apls...I was sure that Laval would win  ::)

CasperVg

A big congrats to Penthesili; well deserved; from what I can see from the pictures  :thumbsup:
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Slacker

Thanks for posting this here Canuck, I appreciate it :thumbsup:. Also, thanks for all the replies and support from everyone too - it means a lot ;D.

Also, by the way, we've started again with our competing nations list. We did this because there were quite a few nations that didn't follow the Simlympics, this was unfair on the nations that did as the inactive nations still won medals. So, we just started completely again :). Consequently, if you used to be a competitor you'll have to sign up again - but have no fear, it's really easy; just fill in this form and voila:

Username -
CJ/Nation/City Name -
Link to CJ/MD -
Union/Geographical Location (Either; North America, Eurasia/Africa, SCJU, URSC, USCN or Adrian Union) -

Now something new...

For the first time ever, the Simlympics will be doing a torch relay! It will start on August 1st and will tour around the world up until the start of the August Simlympics in Penthesili on August 24th. The torch relay will be in a different city every day for 23 days. The tour will go across land, sea and air and will travel past monuments and world wonders as it reaches it's destination, the Simlympic Torch at Penthesili.

Which cities are taking part?
Cities from all over the SimWorld will be participating, with CJs/MDs housed on many different websites taking part. There are still places left on the Torch Relay, so if you'd like your CJ/MD to take part, just leave a post in this thread or send me a PM and we'll send a PM in reply to you giving you more details. We are going to be keeping the list of participating cities under wraps so to add an element of surprise to the relay. Although, all of the coverage for the Torch Relay will be posted in this thread too.

Hope you enjoy the torch relay, beginning August 1st! (But remember, you can still apply even after the relay has begun as there are sure to be places left)

Slacker

Nations competing in the August Simlympics in Penthesili:[/u]

MITSOS

6underground

Fantastic turnaround for the SCJU and New Rhodesia's first gold in the one sport we adore most, Rugby.

GO SCJU!!  ?$%kar&%h

"Amazing" - Yoder7652 | "your citybuilding is outstanding" - Sebes | | "Absolutely Fabulous" - M4346 | "Wonderful" - threeswept | "Excellent" - Kimcar | "A treat" - dedgren | "A great source of inspiration" - mbsimcity | "Very Impressive" - Paroch | "Mindblowing" - metasmurf | "Fantastic" - bat | "truly deserved the Trixie Awards" - Sheep49... So, why not visit?!