• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Unassigned Lottery Oddities

Started by Unassigned, July 03, 2008, 04:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unassigned

Yes, that's right, you heard right! The secret word of tonight is Unassigned Lottery Oddities, home of the ULO label! Whoopee! Incipient lots, odds and ends will be displayed here for your amusement. Any resulting criticism will be used to improve my designs, thus furthering my quest for world domination.

The first thing to make will be...a shrubbery! One that looks nice. And not too expensive. Here is the first prototype.

Such a tiny shrubbery, they hardly come smaller than that.

Next, another shrubbery! "...place it here, beside this shrubbery, only slightly higher, so we get the two-level effect with a little path running down the middle". Here it is. an all-in-one solution with two shrubberies and a path on a single lot.

Regrettably the prototypes are not slope friendly, and the request to have the two-level effect has not been adressed yet. That's ok, it's early stages here, and THINGS WILL CHANGE.

Last, but not least, sincere thanks to Diggis for the fence and also to Chrisadams3997 for use of his beta weeds, scrub brushes and gravel path.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Chrisadams3997

hmmm, now all we need is a herring(and a really big tree)... :D

CasperVg

Looks great, is that the fence Diggis created? I like it!
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

wouanagaine

looks great, I'm a bit confused on how to get into that lot, I see no fence door

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

RippleJet

Quote from: wouanagaine on July 04, 2008, 12:10:11 AM
I'm a bit confused on how to get into that lot, I see no fence door

Maybe the idea isn't to let you in, but to keep you from getting out... :D

paroch

Unassigned - a Shrubbery - It's always good to see new ideas and different lots - so hats off to you.

Have you designed this for the Knights who say "niiiii"?  :D

Diggis

Quote from: caspervg on July 03, 2008, 09:13:16 PM
Looks great, is that the fence Diggis created? I like it!

Yeah that would be it. 

Unassigned, thats a great start.  Sorry I didn't comment here last night, was very tired.  As I said, Let me know if there was more you needed.  ;)

Unassigned

Chrisadams3997 - funny, right before I saw your post I was thinking "Too bad a herring is too small to have as a prop or I'd request one from Diggis' Detail Design".  ;) Mighty trees are much easier, a pic with shrubberies in a "really big trees" context may appear soonTM.

caspervg - Your appreciation is appreciated and yes, that is Diggis' fence.

wouanagaine and RippleJet - these shrubberies are based on a medieval British design (England 932 A.D.) by Roger the Shrubber. These were primitive times in England, and Roger at least had not come up with the idea of "gates". Here is a pic of one of his works:

The fence is meant to keep insensitive brutes from trampling the shrubs.

paroch - For quite some time I have wished to have ingame shrubberies. Somebody should come up with silly lots, and my friends tell me I'm the right person to do just that. Your question concerning the Knights should be answered by the above picture.

Diggis Thanks yet again for the fence and also for stopping by! Praise is nice...and the fence is perfect. Oh, and I bet you'd not have chosen that DDD moniker if you'd been a Sheila   ::)

Thanks to all who stopped by. New pictures will be up as soon as any significant progress has been made - which may take a few days; even though we only launched yesterday, already it's a madhouse in here what with QA empire-building and requesting that days be spent on meetings, test reports and documentation - certification indeed(!) as if we weren't certifiable already - Marketing screaming for "prototypes" (salesperson-speak for mock-ups) of the Castle Aaaargh and the Worship Project although these projects have barely been conceived, R&D demanding total freedom to do what they want, Funding asking why on Earth does a product made out of dirt, fencing and plants require electrical power and the Boss wanting everyone to stop working on product and devote themselves to working on his personal projects. And all this with a staff count of 1. But I ramble, better sign off, see you all soonTM.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Diggis

That looks to me like the fence may be slightly high.  But it makes more sense now.   And I'm all in favour of DDD.  :D

MandelSoft

I saw that movie last week ;D. Great work, Unassigned!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

paroch

Well Unassigned - I have to admit that now I am wondering about your next creation!  What on earth could you do next to beat the shrubbery!  Maybe somewhere for brave, brave Sir Robin and his minstrels?

CabraBuitre

Quote from: paroch on July 05, 2008, 05:45:50 AM
Well Unassigned - I have to admit that now I am wondering about your next creation!  What on earth could you do next to beat the shrubbery!  Maybe somewhere for brave, brave Sir Robin and his minstrels?

Actually, the shrubbery is the pinnacle of creation.  There is no "next."

Check out Abelfarei!