• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Diggis Contemplates BAT

Started by Diggis, June 23, 2008, 01:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djp

Shaun, Thanks for the update

The bridge pieces are working fine

I have a slight problem with your overhanging / extender pieces

This is how Pegs looks for me - It's more the way I use them to hide things ;)

and finally - just a small text error. The "right" price has "centre" in the description

Pegs water fall that the texture wasn't changing for me - I am using his earlier version with the MTP textured edges, don't know if this makes any difference as Barby's looked fine in her pic

Dave

Diggis

Ahh, now I understand your message from last night.  The overhanging ones seem strange, I'll check that piece for you.  Mine do have larger banks that Pegs, but it looks like there is an issue with the joints on that piece.

Also, I had spotted the error in the description of my bridge piece.  I thought it was one of Pegs that you were meaning.  I have changed that in the set that I have updated so that should be fixed soon.

The waterfall is a single BAT that I don't have an equivilant of... yet.  I forgot Peg has these as they were for the streams, and I had mostly used the Ponds.  The one barby showed is a texture based waterfall that uses the main models.

Andreas

Methinks we need some proper Avenue FLUPs. ;)
Andreas

djp

Quote from: Andreas on April 02, 2009, 11:17:35 AM
Methinks we need some proper Avenue FLUPs. ;)

I think that is a much needed addition to the collection :thumbsup:

Although the way I use things there would need to be lots of different pieces ;) 

Diggis

I've been playing a little.  Chris was going to send me his tubing people, but went AWOL before he got the chance.  So I made my own:

I've nearly got a small package together of some water based props etc to keep you all happy, just need to make it pretty.

And i got bored at lunch time so I made a kayak:

BarbyW

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Orange_o_

They are very good-looking  ;D

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

vester

Love it. Makes me one to go kayaking.

The lower arm should be straight (the close one). Here is a picture of me in a kayak. As you can see the blades is set with different angles, around 35° difference.

JBSimio

Quote from: vester on April 03, 2009, 08:57:43 AM
The lower arm should be straight (the close one).

Perhaps this guy is just really bad at kayaking?    $%Grinno$%

Looks really good, oh great and mighty Diggis!  Now we just need a koi fish nibbling the toes of the guy in the first picture... :D

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

kimcar

&apls &aplsExcellent work Diggis  :o Very good looking props .You still surprise me  ;D

Pat

oooooo shaun me want!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

CabraBuitre

I missed this when you initially posted... it looks great!

I'm not sure how you are planning to package it... but if you're going to do ploppable like the previous rural renewal package, can you also make these as props so we can add them to water sets besides just ploppable water?

Check out Abelfarei!

Diggis

Currently they are rendered as part of a water tile, along with the guys in the row boat shown a page or 4 back.   I could do them as seperate props easily enough for you although getting them to interact with the water may take some experimentation.

Rayden

Quote from: JBSimio on April 03, 2009, 12:08:59 PM
Now we just need a koi fish nibbling the toes of the guy in the first picture... :D

JB

An electric eel would be nicer  $%Grinno$%

Pat

shaun are you going to do any fishing piers at all?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Diggis

Eventually, yes.  This set will be for the water only.  Next I will do some stuff for the banks like piers and a boat ramp.  Maybe a picnic spot too.  We'll see.

Pat

Shaun you are soo awesome!!!!

just for that you earned this,

Sciurus

Those figures look very nice realized :thumbsup:

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Diggis

Quote from: FrankU on October 15, 2008, 07:58:13 AM
Diggis!

A big kiss, or whatever you like to receive from a guy who lives half a planet away!

What I hope to see some day is something that resembles the next picture.
Maybe not so clean, but with some reeds and cattails etc. I'd say: existing shrubberies.

Ask and you shall recieve... (sometimes, not always, cos I am only one man ;) )

I'm not happy with the tone of the green, needs to be less lime, and this is only one piece, not a set from a family yet, due to testing to see if I am happy with the result (which I am, as far as the form and look of the banks go)  and I am now starting work on the other pieces like corners.

Pat

OMG WOW!!!! Shaun where do I send the bill for a new keyboard??? I drooled all over the one I had lol......