• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Murdock Valley: Update 5 - Welcome to Port Glory; 07/18/08

Started by jimmymac, June 12, 2008, 03:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

serenity086

art128:  Thanks, glad you like the region!
caspervg:  Glad you like it. Hopefully you find our style interesting enough for you to stick around  ;D
paroch:  I am really looking forward to working on the cities in this region. This has been the biggest project I've worked on in SimCity. Im glad I'm gonna have help with it.
bat:  Glad you like the region. Hope you enjoy the future updates, especially now that we are going to start building cities.
jjune4991:  Thanks! I'm really happy with the way the region came out in the end even though it's taken forever to create with very little help from a certain someone  ::)

Finally, the finished region! I added more rough terrain around the rivers and fixed up a lot of areas that were really bugging me.  Although it took me ages to create, I think it was time well spent. I'm very happy with the way it turned out.

Now it's time to start on the cities! Next week we will have an update featuring one of jimmymac's cities.  I hope you enjoyed this update and that you tune in next week for more of the development of Murdock Valley.

Jimmymac Addition: I'm going to Hijack a spot on the bottom here just to add that if the interest is great enough we will genuinely see about releasing this map to the community, so if you fancy having a go at developing on this region alongside us then by all means say so, if the interest is good enough then we will release it. :thumbsup: Btw, I still maintain that supervising is a very important stage of the development process  :P

Come Visit Murdock Valley

thundercrack83

Beautiful rgion, serenity086!

It's the right mixture of mountains and plains--I can't wait to see how you develop it!

Keep up the great work!

Dustin

paroch

That region is looking very good indeed.  I'm stuck on a huge region that as loads to develop, so as much as I'm sure this map would be a big hit with the community, it's not for me ;)

Looking forward to the development commencing.

Paul

Alfred.Jones

That is an awesome Map you have there!! I hope you consider releasing it :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

south park

hi serenity ,your region is superb &apls and i like the mix of the mountain and plain and the rivers and i'm impatient to look the next update !! :)
cairo and tropicalia (my cities) on tsc:
http://toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=441267

jjune4991

yay, the finished project! very nice! i cant wait for development to start! and jimmymac, it would be awesome for us to have that!
Wha??? Where am I? Oh, that's right! I'm here!

bat

The complete region is looking fantastic there! Wonderful work on the mountains and rivers...

And looking forward to the first pictures of the development on it. ;)

jimmymac

I'm glad everyone likes it I will see about figuring out how to release it, as I currently have no idea  ()what() . I will be doing a full update tomorrow, however I figured that a small teaser may be in order. Personally I feel that this may be some of my best starting work that I have done on a city. Let me know what you think; I present to you Port Glory

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Port Glory is looking fantastic there, jimmymac! :thumbsup:
Nice work on that area!

jimmymac

Welcome to this weeks update for Murdock Valley. Finally after 4 weeks of teasers we have started development on the cities. I will be starting this week with Port Glory, one of the largest cities in Murdock Valley. Please note these are shots taken during development with the game paused, so that is why the roads are clear. So without further ado, lets get to it, firstly with the replies.

Thundercrack83: I'm glad that you like the region, I've been looking forward to getting started with it so that I can see how both of us develop the region together.

parach: I know what you mean about large regions, I figured that this region wouldn't be for everyone due to the size etc, but if 5 people wanted to play it then that at least means we can give something back to the community. I hope that you like this weeks update

Alfred.Jones: Thank you for your kind words. I'm currently looking into the way I can go about releasing the region, however I am pretty stumped right now so if anyone can help me drop me a PM with some details on how I go about exporting the region.

South Park: Hopefully the wait has been worthwhile with this weeks update. I've been trying my hardest to put together an update that people will enjoy. I personally feel that this is probably some of my best starting work in any city. Hopefully people will agree &ops

jjune4991: She really did excel herself with the region. Now it's over to me to try and do the region justice with my update. I have to say I have never been more nervous about publishing an update than I am this one. As I said above, as soon as I can get the info about how to export the region then I will set about releasing it.

bat: Glad you like the finished region, also thank you for your kind words about the teaser I released.

art128: Glad you like it, hopefully you will enjoy the full update coming up.

And with those behind us, now onto the update.

The week marks the first full update for Murdock Valley, I decided to start on the coastal city of Port Glory, not only will this be one of the biggest cities in the region, but also one of the few coastal cities. Therefore I decided to start on the coastline first of all, mostly with the recreational area of Indiana Beach.

Finally we have a night-time shot just because I really love gizmo's night mod.

I hope you enjoyed this update, until next week, which will see an update by Serenity, take care and have a good weekend.

(Apologies for reposting, I accidently deleted the update when i went to edit it)  :angrymore:

jjune4991

what's more awesome than a pier amusement park? not much in my book! great job with it! i really wish i could go and visit it!
Wha??? Where am I? Oh, that's right! I'm here!

bat

Nice new update! And that coastline is looking fantastic! Also the night shot is looking excellent!

Looking forward to more...

bohort

We have only planet ! Stop Global Warming !
I'm French, so sorry for my bad english !

rushman5

Yes, then map is amazing and the fact that two people, a couple at that, are doing this at the same time so well together is so.....progressive.  I wish my girlfriend would play the game instead of punishing me for playing it.

art128

hey very nice attraction park  &apls he is very realistic  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

rooker1

Great work on the map. 
It's good to see someone who has enough patience to make one, I know that I don't.
The only thing I see is that in some areas you can see you need to do some touch up.  I think it's because of the border.  ;)  It's so hard to fix those sometimes.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

paroch

Great work on Port Glory there.  I like the way you have mixed the PEG seafronts with the MAPP pieces, it's very effective.  And the detail you show is certainly very good and promises loads more for future updates.

One question - the food kiosks you have dotted about.  Can I ask where they are from?  I'm not sure whether they are part of MAPP or not - Thanks.

warszawa

I love waterfront amusement parks! You have captured the real feeling! It all seems so real, especially the rides!

Look forwards to seeing Serenity

Alex :thumbsup:
Visit my Warsaw, Poland MD.

XoX

:o :o :o
Your amusement park is absolutely fantastic!!
I like this!!!  ;D
Beautiful colours, beautiful agencement, beautiful buildings...all is perfect!  &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
C'est dans les ténèbres que l'on voit la lumière...et dans la lumière que l'on voit les ténèbres...

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5339.40