• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

nerdly_projects

Started by nerdly_dood, June 06, 2008, 11:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpast

How do I change the lightbar style on the cars with the bar part of the model? Changing the FSH file gave me a car with an all-white lightbar.
But thanks for the skin!

nerdly_dood

You should be able to simply click "replace texture" after you right-click the texture in the Mats tab in Reader, then load up a working FSH texture you've saved.

Be aware that this texture you're replacing is NOT a "DXT3 with Alpha" texture - the ones I'm using are "32-bit ARGB (8:8:8:8)" so that may be a factor.

Just curious - what exactly are you trying to change the lightbar texture to? The texture is a bit complicated so I think it may be easiest for everyone involved if I know how to help you.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

cpast

The red-blue lightbar for the MCPD car. (facing forwards, red on right.) Thanks.
Pic:

Front car's lightbar

nerdly_dood

I've got that covered for you - you don't need to bother with those, I'll put more detail into those lightbars than you'll ever care to put in yourself. ;)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.

cpast

Thanks!
Meanwhile, I'll content myself with blue/blue. (I used the French beta cars for the model.)

Also, could you to the Bethesda-Chevy Chase rescue squad rescue unit and ambulance?

nerdly_dood

I probably won't make that particular fire truck design, primarily because white trucks with a gold stripe is a rather uncommon design. However, I do intend to release a set of white fire vehicles with red stripes.

Notice that I didn't say I wouldn't do that design for ambulances. ;) (Okay yes I did, but then I edited the post.)

That may take more time than other skins because I've already got colored, black and white car skins so I can do pretty much anything with any of them. However, the only fire truck skins available are colored, and it's not easy to turn the skin grayscale, then increase the brightness so that they're a very light shade of gray without turning everything else gray too. But it's not impossible though - I'll get something done.

EDIT: I have attached a ZIP folder containing three emergency vehicle mods - the two French ambulances, and the older French National Police car. I had intended to have symmetrical blue and amber lights on this police car but due to a strange complication, I was forced to make them blue only.

Une_ame

I'm gonna test the old scheme police cruiser and the ambulance and will show pics ASAP :thumbsup:.

Are the ambulances working the same way the cops cars do, only one type in the plugin ()what()?
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

nerdly_dood

Yes - only one at a time. I do, however, have the capability to create "additionals" in which one mod would replace the original ambulance (or if you wanted you could keep the original) and have more driving around as well working the same way (but that's more complicated than doing one at a time)

Une_ame

The older French National Police car isn't bugging anything in my test city. The UDI missions are possible and the cruisers are surrunding every police stations :)!!

I find it difficult to see the paint scheme details.

nerdly_dood

Pause the game, right-click on a police car to center the view on it, then press CTRL+X. This brings up the cheat code input box in the top left - in it type "sizeof 5" then press Enter to magnify the view 5 times - this will enable you to get a better view of it.

I try to make the graphics as close to life-size as possible, which due to the limitations of the game's antialiasing at normal views, makes the police cars look a bit... bad.

Une_ame

As you can see, the 2 ambulances are OK. They are buzzing around hospitals. UDI missions are possible and the blue lights are turning :thumbsup:!

Perfect.

As you may see, I now use the Gendarmerie cars and yes, the second ambulance isn't in a very good shape (blame a Volvo XC90 for that :D).....

Pat

QuoteAs you may see, I now use the Gendarmerie cars and yes, the second ambulance isn't in a very good shape (blame a Volvo XC90 for that ).....

Tisk tisk there Une_ame I thought the Ambulances was supposed to help sims lol

Nerdly looking sweet here!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

nerdly_dood

Oh but ya know there are American ambulances too! And British ones - and any others that people request of me. I'll fix up a batch and attach it soon.

Une_ame

Orange_o_

thank you very much   :thumbsup:

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

warconstruct

Thanck you , very good job !!

&apls
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

nerdly_dood

I've got another pack of pre-release automata. This one only has the Bethesda-Chevy Chase ambulance among several other non-ambulance mods - the next pre-release will include mainly ambulances.

Contents:

BCC ambulance.dat - Bethesda Chevy-Chase ambulance.
blueyellow diag stripe.dat - A police car with a stripe along the side consisting of blue and yellow diagonal slashes. Blue roof lights.
gendarmerie van.dat - A police van matching the design of the French Gendarmerie.
graycopcar.dat - A gray police car with blue stripes on the sides. Blue and red roof lights.
hampton police.dat - A police car matching the design of the Hampton, VA police department - light blue with white highlights and a darker blue stripe. Red and blue roof lights. Requested by DeathToPumpkins.
morocco police car.dat - A police car matching the design of the Moroccan Securite Nationale van posted by Une_Ame on page 11 of this thread.
morocco police van.dat A police van matching the design of the Moroccan Securite Nationale van posted by Une_Ame on page 11 of this thread.
police municipale van.dat - A police van with a design matching that of the Montpellier police car mod.
police municipale van (modern).dat - A police van with the more modern French Municipal Police design.
police nationale new.dat - A police van matching the design of newer French National Police vans.
police nationale old.dat - A police van matching the design of older French National Police vans.

DEPENDENCIES Both Morocco police vehicles require Swamper77's Automata Essentials to function properly. None of the others require this or any other dependencies.

cpast

Could you make a police car with a V-shaped lightbar so I can use V-bar skins? Also, is there an easy way to convert your old skins to work with 3d, not painted, lightbars?

nerdly_dood

I've got a somewhat reasonable hope of a V-shaped lightbar coming in the future, and also I have a somewhat substantial intention of converting older mods to work with the new 3D lightbar.

I made a tutorial describing how to upgrade an older mod of mine to have the 3D lightbar here.

Une_ame

Super Nerdly_Dood :thumbsup:,

I will, ASAP, test all those babies against the streets of my testcities.

'coming back with pics.....