• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ancelstierre: Discover a new world...

Started by penguin007, June 06, 2008, 01:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

penguin007

Well at last I start my MD here. An intro will appear here one day I just havn't really got one, also contents will be here also

A region view:

So enjoy

penguin007

Update 1 is the small village of Chilton Foliat to give you a taste of what is to come

Sorry the pics aern't in any real order and I will try to improve that. BTW I really like constructive feedback and although I wont change this region I will incorparate the critiscm into my next regions.

Thanks For Reading
Will

CasperVg

Looks fine to me, good work. It would look better if you got rid of the Grid (press G), and if you used a more smooth slope mod. Other then that, awesome.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

rhythmandjays

Yeah, this is a great update, the pictures are just great  :thumbsup: So, do we have to wait til July 1st til the first update??

penguin007

Replies:

rhythmandjays- thanks for the comment sorry the pic is an old one and the next update is indeed now!! sorry my mistake!!

caspervg- thank you very much for the 1st comment. So some of the pics have the grid but the grid will go away. as for that slope mod I will be using Ennedi's in my next region.

Update 2: Lucon

Thank you for reading and comments and constructive feedback are apreciated

Will

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Pat

Penguin great start here and I like what I have seen!!! I cant wait to see more of Ancelstierrre!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rhythmandjays

This is a great update. Very nice pictures! Don't worry, I'd rather have an update now than July 1st  :D

bat

Wonderful start there and also nice first update(s)! As well a really great region and overview!

Looking forward to more, penguin007... ;)

penguin007

Thank you very much for the comments guys I really appreciate them.

Well todays update is another town and its surrondings so enjoy

Thanks for reading

Will

rhythmandjays

nice canals, beautiful buildings, excellent development.  :thumbsup:

anarchy0029

These are some beautiful, amazing pics of Ancelstierre. &apls

Will premiere in January 2009
Otherwise, look up "City of Hypertrophy" on Simtropolis

threestooges

It looks like you are off to quite a good start. I like the intro picture (it reminds me of a bay in Lake Tahoe) and the region view shows just how much we have to look forward to. I like the way you introduced Chilton Foliat, showing the local points of interest. Such an approach really adds a nice touch of realism and presence to a city (or town as the case may be) and the same goes for the Moore Nature Reserve and the Newton Abbot windmill. the incomplete bridge just above those is an unusual shot (and I mean that in a good way) you don't often see things that are either in progress/deteriorated in MDs. Depending on the progress, it helps add either a sense of development or age. I would be interested in seeing a close up of that school (I think that's what it is, with the track) in the first pic of update 2. It's a good use of open space. Lastly, I like the central focus you put on the canal in your last update. It would be nice to see a little description of the pics to help highlight some of the points in them, but they look great even without explanation too. Good work.

penguin007

Replies

threestooges: thanks very much for visiting. The bridge is actaully a collapsed bridge and the railway was diverted around the lake afterwards. I will try to add more description to the pics

anarchy: thanks

rhythmandjays: thanks

Ok today is a more of a rural area

My first use of plopable water was here so its not great

Thank you for visiting and comments are appeciated

Will

rhythmandjays

Intersting picutres. It's a first to see a town fully surrounded by forestry and trees. I really like the concept. I think it creates an out-of-the-way, separate feeling; it gives your town a sense of individuality and uniqueness. You did the farms the same way, which I like. I like how those farms are situated. Hopefully, the forest becomes less dense as you develop. Other than that, fantastic pictures and great updates.  ;D

paroch

Hello Will,

You've given us loads of pics to look at here and you can see the time and effort you have put into your region.

Some of your suburbs are looking very good indeed, a nice mix of buildings.  Your canals are looking very good too.

As for the TPW, it looks OK already, but you need to practise using it in different ways to see what works best for you.  I suggest using plenty of flora and rock and trees alongs the waters edge to help get the smoothest possible transition.

It seem the grid is on in many pictures.  In my opinion, turning the grid off will make a massive difference (and stop people like me saying "turn the grid off, turn the grid off" ;) )

We all like different things in an MD, so my request is just a bit of background on what we are looking at, i.e. a bit of a narrative from you about the village, town or city we're looking at.

Good luck with the development of your MD and I look forward to seeing more.

All the best,

Paul

bat

Great work there on that newest update! Fantastic new pictures, too! Looking forward to more...

NASCAR_Guy

I see the car washing business is a little oversaturated  ::)
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

Earth quake

Excellent MAJ penguin007 .
I like your different cities, your work is very nice.

Simpson

Hi,
Your nature is superbe and very realistic and your lake is very good too  :)
The city is looking very good and the diversification of your bats are good  :thumbsup:
:)
David

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas