• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Nova Vesfalo

Started by nova vesfalo, February 19, 2007, 09:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NikNik

:) WELCOME TO PAGE 3  :)

Great stuff.
First the CBD. Impressive, the park in the middle is very well done!

Little Tokyo is intersting to see all those japanes bats in play.
The dome is impressive although I would add a massive amount of parking spaces around the stadiums.

Nik-Nik

Rayden

"Shibuieto" - hehe, that was a nice one you pulled of. Once again you've made a hell of a good job. Congrats :thumbsup:

Badsim

I love your work , you're a very good city planner : you think about space .  :thumbsup: However you could easily improve this with a sidewalk mod , euro cars replacement mod ...and other trees . (If old-fashioned style isn't particularly wanted ? )  ::)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

M4346

Saying I love this MD is an understatement... but it'll have to do for now, at least, until I find a better word. :P

I really LOVE this MD and you've done a GREAT job with Tokieto! ;)

Looking forward to more!!!  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

thundercrack83

Wow, another great update! Nova Vesfalo has such a worldly feel to it with all the different sections, I like it a lot! Can't wait to see more!

pipishere

Another impressive update! Well Done  :)

kwakelaar

Tokieto certainly has its own charm, well done!

Air6

Great update my friend :thumbsup:

nova vesfalo

Rayden: :) ,thanks :)
Badsim: a so great compliment from you, thanks a lot ! I've just download the euro cars, looking for a great sidewalk mod, if you have any idea ? For the trees if downloaded some on ST, but I'm looking for more.
M4346: thanks so much ! It made me very happy you like it !
thundercrack83 : thanks a lot ! The Wordly feel is due to the creation of the Vesfalian Identity with the differents waves of migrants from the Acadians to the Japanese.
pipishere: thanks a lot
kwakelaar : yep , it's a really atractive district, near the city that never sleep but in a peaceful environement
Air6 : Merci :)

Let's Start talking about Victoria Distriko :

Some Historic Fact, Victoria Distriko has been developed at the Begining of the Anna II reign. The CBD was the first project to devlop the country and get it off the economic marasm. The first constructions started in the mid-60s

VD1 (victoria Distriko) is composed by the train station of Nova Vesfalo built under the Victoria I reign ( 1867 ) , the metro-hub designed by Norman Foster in 1990, the Victoria Turo, the highest tower in Nova Vesfalo, and various skycrapers (the green one hosts the Imperial Admnistrations), the Bank of America ( one of the major sponsors of the project)

The center of VD1

The Victoria Stacidomo ( trainstaiton) and the metro-hub by night

A global view

The next update will be dedicated to Victoria Distriko 2, the extension of the CBD.
Hope you've enjoied it !

M4346

The composition of your skyline and the layout of your downtown looks so "natural." Okay, that sounds stupid because it is man-made and artificial, but what I mean is that it just looks "RIGHT!" (and right in a normative, subjective value sense, and not in a political sense. :P)

It looks perfect, like it should be that way. Some players have not yet, in my opinion, mastered "the skyline." You have (at least in my view, if it counts for anything. lol).  :thumbsup:

Definitely, eagerly and as always anticipating more! MORE, MORE, MORE! :P

;D

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

thundercrack83

Victoria Distriko looks wonderful! I love the 3-D map you've made, too. Absolutely amazing work!

pipishere

I agree with -M-....the city definately does have a realistic look to it. The Sears Tower looks fabulous there!  :thumbsup:

Badsim

Quote from: nova vesfalo on March 05, 2007, 12:19:14 PM

Badsim: ... looking for a great sidewalk mod, if you have any idea ?

I you were using streets , I should have adviced Jeronij Street Side Mod ... try Euro Asphalt Sidewalk by sap23 ; it's generic & grey , but I enjoy the fact it's uniform whatever the wealth RCI and the fact that this texture is available under LotEditor . Just a question of taste ... try them all (there's another one with a brown paved texture )
Pleasant downtown , imposing and aery at the same time :thumbsup:

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

kwakelaar

Good collection of tall buildings there, nice that you give them some space to breathe

NikNik

Quote from: Badsim on March 06, 2007, 01:50:47 AM
I you were using streets , I should have adviced Jeronij Street Side Mod ... try Euro Asphalt Sidewalk by sap23 ; it's generic & grey , but I enjoy the fact it's uniform whatever the wealth RCI and the fact that this texture is available under LotEditor . Just a question of taste ... try them all (there's another one with a brown paved texture )
Pleasant downtown , imposing and aery at the same time :thumbsup:

I would reccomend Jeronij's street Mod in combination with jeronij's Side walk mods: See also this: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=36 for aditional sidewalk options !!!! 27/07/2006

I like the CBD update. It's massive. Some great buildings you have got there.

Nik-Nik

bat

Great update and wonderful mosaic!  :thumbsup:

nova vesfalo

M4346 : thanks a lot for this wonderful comment !!
thundercrack83: thanks a lot, the 3D is just a little sketch up model, no that much hard to do
pipishere: thanks a lot, at the begining, I wanted to put the Sears in the Capital City, but don't know where, and then I've created the Victoria District and by a miracle they fit quite good where they are
Badsim: I will look them , thanks :)
kwakelaar: thanks a lot, I think those parks are quite a good way to see the different urbanism-time, cause this part of the city has been urbanized in the 60-70's, the modernism was the dominant ideology, so the district should has some parc, and breath-space
NikNik: thanks :)
bat: thanks a lot !

here a teaser of the next update ( alreday made ) so all the new mods will not appear in it:

nova vesfalo

Here comes VD2, Victoria Distriko 2, the expension of the first CDB. May Starchitects have worked for this project.

Since the 90s, NVUDA ( the urbanism administraion of Nova Vesfalo) devlops Victoria Districo 2, the extension of the Financial District built in the 70s. Near the little golf of Petit Quebec and the Imperia Aleo, VD2 is the futur of Nova Vesfalo.

From Little Québec to VD2

With the surge of French Amrican , a new district of Nova Vesfalo emerged. Theirs roots have created the identity of this part of the city. The Vesfalian called it : Petit Québec.
The heart of the city is the Roussac Store at the intersection of Jacque Cartier & Victoria boulevards. From 1825 to 1870 the store was the biggest of the city.

picture : Roussac Store, new town hall [quebec turo], old town hall

Quebec Tower
The Quebec tower,the icon of VD2,is the lastest work of the international architect Norman Foster. Quebec Turo, on Jacque Cartier Avenuo is located in the part of the district where the French American, runing away the Anglo-saxion persecutions from the XVIII to the end of the XIX century. ( in fact most of them where the children of the Acadian which where expulsed from Canada by the British and where hosted in Nantes and settled in Nova Vesfalo. Others where just French American that where leaving Britsh Canada to Nova Vesfalo).
With VD2, the Jacque Cartier Avenuo changes dramaticly, the tower is the proof of that change. The tower is a new architectural event in the Nova Vesfalo Skyline.
The tower of Norman Foster is the center of VD2 and hostst the new office of the Town Administration.

Cultural square
With VD2, the town wanted to add a new major art center for the city. The Kultura Kvartalo is composed by the Imperial Arts Center, designed by Philip Johnson and the New Library, by Rem Koolas.

Various pictures of VD2:

Kultura Kvartalo and Jean Talon's Parc

Antoine

dedgren

Beautiful graphics, professionally conceived and rendered.

This last update was an absolute stunner.  I'm headed back to look again after I complete this comment.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax