• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Nova Vesfalo

Started by nova vesfalo, February 19, 2007, 09:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snaper

It's wonderdul, tout est bien organisé, there is much building but your city is green, it does not choke

Bravo mon ami  &apls &apls

Pat

Nova wonderful update you have here i love it great job

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Beautiful work, my friend! Your mosaic is wonderful! I love the train station at the top and how the rails go into the tunnel right out of the station. Keep up the good work!

And by the way, congratulations on getting 200 comments! Here's to 200 more!

Strechnitz

Now that is a very fine mosaic indeed! beautriful.
As are the custom crests you make for your regions. simply beautiful.

And thank you for the info on the zurich toren. I should be ashamed of myself. I did not recognise it but the RL version stand only a half hour drive from my house ??? go figure! :D

Strechnitz

nova vesfalo

thank you to all ! I'm very happy you appreciate this very short update :)

emilin: thankls, and yes the SOMY condos are sooo great, easy to get with the 6*6 path, and so nice and fit well with many "around the world" cities.
Yoman : thanks :) glad you thought it
Snaper : merci beaucoup :), I prefer to get dense area because I haven't the same talent as you to play with dilated urban space :)
patfirefghtr : thanks :) I will try to make the next one longer
thundercrack83: thanks ( the next update will show better the trainstation , the transportation layout was a nightmare to get with the avenue, the train , then the GLR, well I've found a solution but it's quite weird one, you will see ^^)
Strechnitz: thanks , I always love to make some virtual crest :) , you live in Den Haag ? wow :) Hope the tower will help you

To make you waiting , here a regional shot with city name top replace the preview updates on the map :

Emperor Stormont

Fantastic past few update, impressive indeed.  &apls

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

thundercrack83

Your maps are always outstanding, my friend! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next update!

Pat

Nova its all good its not really the size of the update its the quality of the update
and Nova the Quality is just awsome i love your map - pat

Bad Pun ALERT!!!!!!!!! Supper Nova Update

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

nova vesfalo

belfastuniguy: thank you
thundercrack83: thank you ! I'm a map-addict, easy and fast way to let people understand a zone
patfirefghtr: $%Grinno$% mercii :) this time it will be a tad longer

1- Angla Urbo , during the english era, this part of the town has been urbanized by the english, to host a bigger city than cavendish, the actual city follow the roadlayout of the English urban planing
2- Risa Kvartalo, named after Francis de Risa the man who founded the Vesfalian Viktoria
3- Stacidomo, mainly industrial
4-Bayview, a wealthy district of the city
5-La Alto located on the Hills between Viktorai and Katerina Universito
6- Cavendish the first english town in the Bay, now it's peaceful and pitoresque part of the city
7-Cavendish Haveno the port of Viktoria and Piotro Region, with the urban developement of Piotro and Viktoria in the XIXth, the administration decided to create a new port in Viktoria Bay to desaturate the Piotro one.

Stanley River isn't really a river... but Victorian people called it a river :) , on its banks you can see the neoclassical Governor House of Viktoria Region, the plazza just behind it is called Viktoria Plazza, it's where the main avenue of the city begins, the Francis De Risa Avenuo (the man who founded the Vesfalian Viktoria in 1799 when the english left the region). At the top of the picture you can see the High speed station plazza with the new high rise around it.

Bayview is the upper crust part of the town, not in the center, but not yet in the suburbs. Yes it's an english name, when Cavendish was an english town, bayview is one of the best place to see the bay. The jewel of Bayview is Viktoria Courts, built by a rich familly in the mid XIXth, the courts is today a very nice promenade. The typical english architecture recalls the english heritage of this part of the country.

From Bayview to La alto. Just next to Bayview and Skta Laurenco's school, you find La Alto district on Viktoria Hills. La Alto has radicaly cahnged since the 70s with the construction of a lot of medium rise. La Alto is the last "dense" distrikt of the city after "Katerina Altoj" a 60s to 70s urban sprawling zone between Viktoria and Katerina Universito.

as a conclusion a global view of the part of the city we've seen since the first update

Pat

Nova wonderful history here and the update is great... Will see you next time - pat

thundercrack83

Your updates are always remarkable, nova! It's a pleasure to come here and look at your work.

The maps, as I've said before, are a great addition every time, and the pictures of the city this update are fantastic! I love the use of the seawalls and all the bridges. Great work, my friend!

Emperor Stormont

Another wonderful update, I do very much enjoy this CJ

I await further lovelyness from Nova Vesfalo  ;)

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

bat

Wonderful updates, Nova Vesfalo!
Great region shot! :thumbsup:

Strechnitz

Oh Nova,

A delightful update on a delightful town. Very nice how you have used the map to divide the several parts of the town. you are also an expert in the use of the Marrast emnbanlkment set. very nice!

By the way I do not live in The Hague but in Rotterdam. The two cities almost border each other. the city of Delft lies wedged in between.  But I do go to the Hague often. and believe it or not it is only a half hour drive ;D

Strechnitz.

Yoder7652

very nice nova...I really like the city map depicting the city sections...the images of the city are very well put together! keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

nova vesfalo

patfirefghtrthank you :)
thundercrack83glad you've appreciated. I definitly love marrast seawall, never find better one :)
belfastuniguy :)
bat thanks , well the region shoot has changed since last time :) I'm making a new city
Strechnitz merci :) Rotterdam , Den Hague.... Netherlands , you had a so wonderful modern architecture , lucky you are

Let's continue our visit of Cavendish Viktoria. Today the charming city of workers : Cavendish and its seaport, used by Piotro and Viktoria.

Cavendish seaport isn't the biggest seaport of the country,  but it's used by factory from Piotro and Viktoria Region. The bridge links Cavendish and Viktoria.

The seaport is an important coal terminal due to the presence of the Coal power plant (giving light to Viktoria region)
At the top you can see the little city of Cavendish, most of the inhabitants work in the Seaport. The banks has been redesigned in the 90's, the project has been called the "Green Belt"

Good bye Cavendish.

The next update will be on Sommerdomo (litt : Summer house) the capital of Sommer-flanko ( SummerSide ), named after the Summer Palace of the imperial familly. Sommerdomo is the Seaside ressort of Nova Vesfalo. It has been from 1867 to 1908 the parliament city ( we will see all the Imperial Capitals madness soon :) ). Mainly built at the end of the XIXth century, the city gets , today, the nickname of Little Miami....

pipishere

Very, very nice updates! Well done and i look forward to Sommerdomo. :)

kwakelaar

I like your last two updates from Cavendish-Viktoria. The maps are as always pleasing to the eye and the areas that you have shown of the city are very diverse with lots of things to look at.
Victoria court with its promenade is a nice way to use these bat, and the small town of Cavendish is another area that has come out very well.

Pat

Nova wonderful update here great job... I love the night shots and the seaport with all that sea traffic,  talk about giving reallizsm  &apls

bat

That's a great new city, Nova Vesfalo! Great work! :thumbsup: