• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Started by Masochist, November 18, 2006, 10:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooheys

Pat, I've won the Battle of Britain a dozen time over  :D I like the fighter jets too but I enjoy trolling around in my cargo jets   ;)
Got to fly where the money is  :thumbsup:

City Builder

IMO, Accelleration is worth getting if you're one of those people that just have to have it all.  Otherwise it's going to be more worth it when it eventually hits $19.99

FSX is an enjoyable simulation to me, though to get the visual quality as seen in the OP of this thread my framerate would be down about 5 to 10fps and IMO anything below 20 to 25 in FSX just isn't any fun.  From what I've read, FSX is far more CPU intensive then it is video card, I have dual Nvidia 8800's and sure enough only a AMD 64X2 4600+ CPU and it is what causes a great deal of the slow downs, of course you can turn off as many bells and whistles as possible to get FPS back up like AI Pilots and airplanes (though then you might feel like your out there alone) and ground transportation etc.  Basically anything that is going to suck down CPU time can be turned off to get better visual performance at a higher quality.
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

SC4BOY

I have an older copy of flight sim (probably pre-2000) and it was kind of fun. I never really got into it, but bought it for my sons who were in their early teens then. I even bought a "steering wheel/stick" for it.. they never got into it either and it didn't hold their interest. My guess is that if you are going to enjoy it you have to be something of a "plane nut" as I think it rather gets into the nitty-gritty and is hard to "just have fun"

canuck3360

I actually rarley touch my FSX(too heavy for my Commercial flights) I fly for Eastern Virtual Airlines(in fact I think bourne showed off a couple of mine) FS9 isn't so bad but if you got the cash and the machine go FSX cause the graffics are unreal

Masochist

Here's that in-game photo I promised.  It's from a tutorial: Soaring over Lake Tahoe:

Graphics are on medium-high in this one.  The plane came out sort of choppy, but the real draw here is the landscape, anyways.  More to come as I take them...;)
(Under Construction)

The_Hutt

This is MSFS 2004. I didn't buy FSX because of the abusive graphics.

Anyone recognize the sign?

canuck3360

TNCM(St. Marteen) the 747 Beach blast capital

A few from my flights with my Virtual Airlines(Eastern Virtual Air)(A mix of FSX and FS9)

I fly out of the Washington Hub(which covers flights from KDCA(Regan National)KIAD(Dulles International)and KBWI(Baltimore Washington Intl))

BourneID

here are some more of mine... these are before the SP2 FSX/acc update... havnt gotten it back to pre update feel..

I will post some more after the page flip... due to the size...

Smile Y'all

iamgoingtoeatyou

Those pictures are amazing :o I wish all video games looked like that.

Pat

Man talk about droooling here wow!!! Those are simply amazing screens from everyone....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Duvad

I wish all video games looked like that.

I wish I had a computer that could run FSX as well as that. I run most things on a low to medium setting and my graphics card doesn't have what's required for advanced animations like wingflex and moving jetways.

Edit: Removed the extra content.

cameron1991

WOW That looks awesome BourneID! My computer would melt if I tried to make it run FSX like that!  $%Grinno$%

Pat

I know the feeling I've tried to run the demo but apperntly my vid card dont likie at all....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BourneID

The demo wasnt a very good example of how the game would run, I had alot of issues with it myself.

the think about FSX is that its all in the tweeks that you make to it... the results I got are after hours of medeling with the configs and tweeks to XP... including editing the prefetch and system resources. I have a single core system (AMD64 3500+) and on the earlier builds (vanilla and SP1) I was running better FPS then many who had Duel or even quad cores.

Smile Y'all

Pat

Daaaaaaaang Bourne that is something else, So i should just scrap the demo and try for the real thing then? in your honest thought?

BourneID

Quote from: Pat on February 22, 2008, 10:04:31 AM
Daaaaaaaang Bourne that is something else, So i should just scrap the demo and try for the real thing then? in your honest thought?

Now I didnt say that, I dont know what type of system you are running. What I am saying is that the demo was pretty rough compared with FSX sp1.

I run it well with these specs... but there are places I do hit low framerates... ie NYC and such

win pro
AMD64 3500+
4gigs corsair gold pc3500 ram
Nvidia 8800
creative Fata1ity sound card

1920x1200 24in moniotor

Smile Y'all

Pat

ahhh OK I gotcha's,  I think after shifting threw my Computer I belive its the vid card that is holding me back.  my aptiva I was running maxxed out before death held only but nvidia and then I got an E-Machine that could also be part of the problem too lol but it has S3 Unichrome 3D card and I cant even upgrade it at all....

City Builder

From most of what I've ready over the past year many have stated that it's not so much the graphics card, though obviously one of low quality, speed whatever you'd like to term it is far less important for framerate than is the CPU.  Turning down the options like other planes in the sky etc that reduces the load on the CPU will raise the frame rate.  This has worked for me and I find Im often just about alone in the world to get acceptable framerate by turning off the AI other planes so I never hardly see any other planes in the world but do often get acceptable (to me anyway) framerates.
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!

Pat

That would work CB but I cant even get the game to start, it tells me this....

I would have posted that sooner but I had to go hunting for that screenie lol....

Ive done the searching and everything but to no avail gaaaaaaaaah...

City Builder

Via's are built on chips on the mainboard (motherboard) aren't they? If so they may not work in which case your buying a new video card would be a good thing.  Just make sure to get the appropriate one for your mainboard (i.e. pci or pci-e or agp etc)