• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Problems with render and FSH build in bat4max

Started by Xyloxadoria, May 23, 2008, 03:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xyloxadoria

I have two problems, one during the render and one after it. I am using max 2009 (don't know if that was the problem)

The problem during the render occurs with the lights. I am just using plain target spots, with an intensity of 1 and a color of white (255,255,255) but for some reason, the lights render bright and very yellow. I don't know if it is supposed to do that or not.

The second problem occurs after the render with the fsh batch build. I watched some of my views be rendered out and they looked like the render below:

But when it comes to the batch build, the views have a partial model, or no model at all. There are also some views that have the perceptive wrong.

I know that it is not the path where max is installed because i fixed that.

I think that it might be the LOD. The LOD is pretty basic (78 per LOD). Due to the model being for transit (It is a Avenue GLR to subway transition), it is necessary for me to keep the LOD as it is, or the cars and GLR will disappear when they go through the lot.

callagrafx

Not sure about the LOD problem (is it skin tight to the model?) but your lighting problem sounds like the spots are instances of each other, rather than unique copies.  If they're instanced, for some reason the number of instances seems to affect the multiplier i.e. 5 instances makes the light seem 5 x brighter.  Not sure why this happens but it does.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it