• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Maarten's Regions (Imaginia and Schellingen Stadt)

Started by MandelSoft, May 18, 2008, 11:14:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

Sorry for the double post

Replies:
Quote from: darraghf on April 05, 2009, 06:44:26 AM
That is one amazing update. Congrats on the OSITM. In picture 19, you sure have a hell of a lot of plaoma towers!
Yes indeed! They act like the Wren Insurance buildings, but then for ressidential zones  :P

Quote from: sebes on April 07, 2009, 10:46:35 AM
You did keep up your promisses mayor Maarten. Excellent updates, both the pictures AND the videos... real good. I bet it has cost you several hours to make this beauty!  The result is something to very pround of my friend.

&apls
Yep, it was a lot of work, but I'm very pleased with the results.

Quote from: bat on April 08, 2009, 04:58:28 AM
Great videos and also wonderful new update there! It looks great! :thumbsup:
Quote from: bat on April 12, 2009, 09:51:31 AM
What a great region overview! Wonderful work on Imaginia!
And Happy Easter to you, too! ;)
Thanks!

Quote from: jmvl on April 08, 2009, 06:25:33 AM
Excellent update, Maarten! :thumbsup: The Konrad Sight-seeing Tour is so great, I've enjoyed it so much! The Konrad Gouvernmental Complex is so huge, and those buildings look beautiful. Did you BAT them all by yourself? Also, congratulations with your OSITM, you deserve it! &apls
No, I didn't BAT the buildings myself. You see, I'm a bad building BATter. I do have excellent traffic BATs (signs, streetlights) and I did some modding stuff (HRS-mod, RHW Euro Textures, dutch stoplights). Thanks anyway!

Quote from: Nexis4Jersey on April 09, 2009, 09:02:21 PM
Maarten , your highways are absolutely stunning and your cities look amazing  &apls
Thanks! Oh, I've seen your highways once, and I've seen completely wacky stuff!

Quote from: Sciurus on April 11, 2009, 05:36:20 AM
Very beautiful &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
Quote from: Sciurus on April 13, 2009, 04:37:55 AM
Nice overview ;)

Thank you.

Well, the OSITM is over for Imaginia (personally, I'd expected more comments). Today I'm going to show...

Westerbeek Airport is the main airport of Imaginia. After destroying those unrealistic airports in Kapish, Konrad, Maxtor and Nieuwlanderveen, these cities need a new airport. There was a large patch of empty land near Zuidstad, so I'd built the airport there. I actually wanted to show another version airport yesterday, but unfortunatly, the save file was corrupted. Fortunatly, I had a back-up file on my disk (so to all SimCity users, it's a very good idea to back-up your save-games). Now I've rebuilded the aiport and it looks a lot better than the previous one. It's the largest airport I ever build.

But a picture says a thousand words, so enjoy the pictures:

Region View

Map (PS'd)

I hope you enjoyed this update.

Oh, and here in the Netherlands, today we celebrate Bevrijdingsdag (translation: Liberation Day)! We celebrate the end of WW2 in the Netherlands on 5 May 1945.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Nexis4Jersey

Interesting update , have a Wonderful Liberation Day Maarten !  &apls

JJ

Nice you have a winged island  :thumbsup:

Sciurus

Beautiful, and the Americans arrived in Imaginia on the 5th may? But it's nice &apls

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Luciano

Your traffic system is absolutly extraordinnary  :o :thumbsup:
I really like your airport too but I think the train station is too old for this modern airport, also I recommand you to remplace it with a more modern  ;)
Tramway of Rabat

MandelSoft

Replies will come with the next major update.

Road-Numbering Re-Organisation

Today in this mini-update, I'm going to show a map of whole Imaginia. I've reorganized the whole roadnumbering system. It was a complete mess, and even I didn't know which road weared which number. Now I've put some organisation in it. Here's the logic:

* Routes 1, 3, 5, 7 & 9 are the main routes that are located for the most part in the former Dutch part of the region.
* Routes 2, 4, 6 & 8 are the main routes that are located for the most partin the former Ngaskan part of the region.
* Route 10 is the Kapish city ring.
* Routes 11-19 are routes that are located for the most part in the province of Jonkerland.
* Routes 20-29 are routes that are located for the most part in the province of Nieuwland (Route 29 isn't build yet)
* Routes 30-39 are routes that are located for the most part in the province of Yutan.
* Routes 40-46 are routes that are located for the most part in the province of Brinasken. (Routes 47-49 aren't build yet)
* Routes 50-59 are routes that are located for the most part in the province of Näde-Andaluh.
* Routes 60-99 are not planned, but whenever there's a new route to be build, it gets a number of 60 or above.

Confusing? Well, at least we have the map here to make everything clear (click to enlarge, the picture is 4000x1700 pixels, so it's a big one!):

Best,
Maarten

dedgren

Maarten- I've just had the chance this morning to take an extended look at your marvelous MD.  Imaginia truly lives up to its name.  Your meticulous attention to detail really complements your apparent sense of fun and adventure.

I'm headed back to watch the video again...

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

sebes

Nice map Maarten - a very nice map!

And I don't think the roadnumbering is confusing. Normally those numbers are made up by clerks in a ministery, with logics nobody else can follow anyhow.....

(Did I ever tell you that I renumbered all RL NewYork and NewJersey roadnumbers to a Nieuw Nederland roadnumber system that only I can understand? And still some times I think by myself: what the heck was I thinking there... ?=mad)=
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

bat

Your airport is looking really beautiful! Great work on it!!!!! :thumbsup:

MandelSoft

Brinasken Tour

Today I had some time to upload an update after two months. And it's a video slide show of the province of Brinasken in Imaginia! So sit back and relax.

Camera... light... ACTION!

Video
http://www.youtube.com/v/tSi8C17MsxU

Best,
Maarten

jmvl

Finally, I though it was stopped recently, but Imaginia is back! &hlp Awesome video, Maarten. &apls Except the music I really enjoyed it. Also, your European textures for the Rural Roads as well for the avenue x avenue intersections look great. :thumbsup: I hope there will be more updates soon.

sebes

Wow Maarten - you realy catched some drool moments in this video! The many exits and highway junctions, as well the great harbour extension in Sebesharber :-) made me add this video to my list.....
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

MandelSoft

Again we visit the beautiful city of Guilliano. The city has undergo some changes since we visited it for the last time. First, ALL Maxis Motorways are replaced by RHW. This includes some interchanges  $%Grinno$% ! Second, I've changed almost all motorway lights to Belgian Styled ones (they look a bit weird, but they have some kind of X-factor) and I changed the lightcones of all lights. Third, the sign models are replaced by version 5(!) of the Imaginia Motorway Signage Pack (not finished yet). Fourth, there are some newly developed areas (Foxshire, South Devota, South Plaza and Dharmaville (the last one is kinda Lost  $%Grinno$%)). And fifth: the city has brand new Prime Road Avenues!

Getting excited? Well, let's show the pictures! And this time, Click for Full Resolution!

01. Guilliano Central Station. Here it all started. The station has been here since the very beginning of Guilliano. The original building is Amsterdam Centraal Station and I've been there once.

02. Guilliano City Center. This area has a non-gridded street pattern, which has been there from the beginning. Today it's dominated by skyscrapers.

03. Station Quarters. After the construction of the city center, this was after Northend the second expansion of Guilliano. Once this was a ghetto, full of R$ flats, but now change has come.

04. Northend. This area hasn't changed much since it's construction. It's one of the few ghetto's in Guilliano

05. The Circles distiguishes itself from the rest of the city's neighbourhoods with it's gridded street pattern and roundabouts. It's one of the older areas in Guilliano.

06. Sheepton has undergo a lot of changes. a lot of buildings are replaced by parks, and only a few flats remain. This gives the neighbouthood an open look.

07. Hey, do I just spot Prime Road Avenues? Yes, and this is the first road where I tested them. This road leads to Sebeshaber.

08. Schellingenbruch is one of the newer city quarters and it's named after another region of mine: Bundesrepublik Schellingen.

09. Here you see the two tallest towers in Imaginia!

10. At night, the towers are looking even more beautiful!

11. The Eastern Guilliano Freeway (A40) at night. It's the only Multi-RHW in Imaginia.

12. "What do you mean 'Maxis ruled'?" Maxis rewards all packed together.

13. The A4 here was once a Elevated Maxis Highway, remember?

14. The roadgeekery doesn't end here. There are more Roadgeek pictures coming...

15. One of the reconstructed interchanges...

16. Here is another one...

17. Replacing one thing with something simmilair; this Elevated RHW exit was once a Elevated Maxis Highway exit...

18. Back to the city quarters. Foxshire is one of the newest city quarters.

19. Did you already know Terra Minora is named after Haljackey's Greater Terran Region?

20. Ah, Xannepan's Parisian buildings are looking beautiful at night, don't they?

21. Another neighbourhood, this time Little Maroanestra, named after Art128's MD Maroanestra.

22. Dharmaville is still under construction. Look at those undeveloped zones!

23. The industrial area here is transformed in a office area: South Devota.

24. Here's another picture of South Devota.

25. And finally: the interchange Terra Majora. One of my best interchanges.

I hope you enjoyed this update

Best,
Maarten

io_bg

Yes, I did enjoy it! :thumbsup: I particularly like the interchanges, great job on them!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

citymax

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Oh snap! Did'nt know you did another update......

First, I love how you used your PRAs. They're a great example and gave me a pretty good idea what to expect. Please tell me your still working on the project. It would be sad to see such a great idea go to waste.
Secondly, you combine your custom content well with the orginal rewards. I almost forgot the they came with the game. Also that A4/A40 roundabout interchange was great idea.

As always, nice work

Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

Nexis4Jersey

i didn't know you updated either , great update i love your roads and highways :thumbsup:

Gilikov1994

Hi Maarten,

You have a really nice MD, I esspecialy like the Detail with your highways..! &apls
I´ve also a question, where did you get the electric-GLR poles?
It's in '1:10' in your video..
please send me a message back,

de groeten, Giel
Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

MandelSoft

Quote from: io_bg on September 02, 2009, 01:06:56 PM
Yes, I did enjoy it! :thumbsup: I particularly like the interchanges, great job on them!
Thank you! I enjoy building them  ;)

Quote from: citymax on September 15, 2009, 02:10:09 AM
Very nice city !! &apls
Thank you!
Quote from: Fresh Prince of SC4D on October 24, 2009, 04:54:44 PM
Oh snap! Did'nt know you did another update......

First, I love how you used your PRAs. They're a great example and gave me a pretty good idea what to expect. Please tell me your still working on the project. It would be sad to see such a great idea go to waste.
Secondly, you combine your custom content well with the orginal rewards. I almost forgot the they came with the game. Also that A4/A40 roundabout interchange was great idea.

As always, nice work

Thank you. Unfortunately the PRAs are cancelled, since the NWM and the TuLEPs fulfill the same function.
Quote from: Nexis4Jersey on October 31, 2009, 01:57:51 AM
i didn't know you updated either , great update i love your roads and highways :thumbsup:
Thank you.

Quote from: Gilikov1994 on February 18, 2010, 10:02:26 AM
Hi Maarten,

You have a really nice MD, I esspecialy like the Detail with your highways..! &apls
I´ve also a question, where did you get the electric-GLR poles?
It's in '1:10' in your video..
please send me a message back,

de groeten, Giel
The GLR Poles are modded myself, but they are still in a early state of development.

Well, after a year break I'll revive this MD. To make my point clear:

Yes, we finally have an new update. I didn't updated this MD for over a year, but I didn't stop developing Imaginia. The country has now 3.77 million inhabitants! Also there are more new things here:
- Most of the Maxis Freeways are replaced by RHW. The A3 and A5 in Konrad and the A7 in Maxtor are converted quite recently.
- There are more agricutural areas in Imaginia, especially around the south coast and Brinasken.
- I demolished the A23 due to redundancy.
- I also constructed a new freeway: the A42, or the Farmers Freeway.
- The A16 doesn't end in Jonkersmond, but now goes around the city all the way to Newlandervayne (previously known as Nieuwlanderveen).
- South City (previously known as Zuidstad) has a brand new harbour.
- Quite some interchanges are reconstructed.

So there's quite a lot changed here. Here's a region shot:

I'll focus today on Konrad and Newlandervayne. Enjoy the pictures and click for full resolution!

Best,
Maarten

Nardo69

Welcome back!

Nice work with the GLR Catenaries! ;) And your work with the RHW shows me again one of my painful deficits - I have never mastered the RHW ...  :'(

There is only one thing though that I do have to criticize: the avenue level crossing (shudder) at the station Konrad - West in Picture 2. I am sure you do find a way better solution compared to ... that ... well ... 

Take care!

Bernhard  :thumbsup: