• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Maarten's Regions (Imaginia and Schellingen Stadt)

Started by MandelSoft, May 18, 2008, 11:14:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

Congrats, Maarten!

- The Staff

rooker1

Congratualtions Maarten on your move to OSITM.  &apls
I look forward to spending the month with you and your great MD.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Congrats for the first time in the OSITM-section! Looking forward to more updates in this month...

kbieniu7

Congratulations  &apls I hope you'll build more and more Motorways  :D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

tooheys

You certainly have a knack for road networks, in particular your RHW intersections are great, I know how long it can take to get all the pieces in the right place  :thumbsup:

Some of the road layouts look a bit chaotic but I like the way you fit it all together.

Congrats on OSITM  &apls

Dave

sebes

He imaginia in the OSITM.... very well deserved Maarten!  :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

MandelSoft

Replies

Quote from: Fresh Prince of SC4D on February 25, 2009, 09:57:47 AM
Great Update, gotta thank you for the direction to the signs. The seaport and rail  are sweet and RHW are wait...........  are those new textures I see?  ???
Correct. And they're available on the STEX since 31st March

Quote from: sebes on February 25, 2009, 02:10:56 PM
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!

Maarten, I don't mind at all that you decided to showcase your Motorway Madness in Sebeshaber. It seems the town is always number one in some kind of transportation revolutions.... so no complaints from my side  ()stsfd()

The intersection in Zuidplaats is realy a masterpiece. Did you ever consider a carreer with Rijkswaterstaat?
I haven't finished middle school yet  :P But I do consider to study Civil Engineering at the TU Delft.

Quote from: Battlecat on February 26, 2009, 08:47:51 AM
Cool update!  That's a lot of very complex highways there!  I like that texture you're working on. 
Quote from: bat on February 26, 2009, 10:10:38 AM
Another great update there! Your city looks with the nice highways really fantastic! :thumbsup:
Quote from: Simpson on February 26, 2009, 11:34:25 AM
Incredible update my friend, the euro textures for the RHW are super, great work on them  &apls
Quote from: grain79 on March 14, 2009, 02:04:30 AM
Great work. well done! &apls
Thank you all!

Quote from: carkid1998 on March 18, 2009, 09:00:33 AM
euro rhw!! I wan it!! ;)
Go get it now!  ;) Thanks for stopping by.
Quote from: mightygoose on March 18, 2009, 12:01:43 PM
images 16 & 17 are screaming for a sunken highway... otherwise awesome update man, truly fantastic.
Well, maybe a sound wall could be a fitting solution...

Quote from: thundercrack83 on April 01, 2009, 01:30:26 PM
Congrats, Maarten!

- The Staff
WOW! What a great honour that Imaginia is in OSITM section :) That means I'll have to make some nice updates here. I'll be revisiting Konrad tomorrow and I'll show a teaser today!

Quote from: rooker1 on April 01, 2009, 06:13:44 PM
Congratualtions Maarten on your move to OSITM.  &apls
I look forward to spending the month with you and your great MD.

Robin  :thumbsup:

Thank you!

Quote from: bat on April 02, 2009, 06:37:01 AM
Congrats for the first time in the OSITM-section! Looking forward to more updates in this month...
Also thank you

Quote from: kbieniu7 on April 02, 2009, 06:55:59 AM
Congratulations  &apls I hope you'll build more and more Motorways  :D
Certainly! Motorway is my middle name $%Grinno$%

Quote from: tooheys on April 03, 2009, 01:31:57 AM
You certainly have a knack for road networks, in particular your RHW intersections are great, I know how long it can take to get all the pieces in the right place  :thumbsup:

Some of the road layouts look a bit chaotic but I like the way you fit it all together.

Congrats on OSITM  &apls

Dave
I try to order some cities, but chaos still remains, unfortunatly :(

Quote from: sebes on April 03, 2009, 01:56:41 AM
He imaginia in the OSITM.... very well deserved Maarten!  :thumbsup:
Thanks again!

Teaser Time!
I've been working hard on the gouvernmental complex of Imaginia today. Here's the result:

A full update about Konrad is planned tommorrow!

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

sebes

ít's tomorrow today.. awaiting anxiously the full display of Konrad/Hoogerhey ;)

The teaser looks very promissing!

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

MandelSoft

The last time that I've shown Konrad to you, a lot has changed. The Brinasken Area (including Guilliano, Sebeshaber and Shosaloza) wasn't there, there wasn't any news about the RHW 3.0, the HRS was in it's starting stages, and my city building skills where not as good as they currently are. That gave me problems when I tried to update Konrad with my new city building skills (leaving some bottlenecks in the road network). Here are some changes that I would like to notice:

- Konrad has 500,000 inhabitants (which is more than the number of inhabitants in The Hauge). This is my personal record.
- The High Speed Rail and the Monorails are replaced by an Elevated rail.
- The A7 in the center of Konrad is now a RHW-6C
- I've builded some Green Belts around the motorways
- The A106 is now the N106
- A large part of the N101 is renumbered as the N15 (and a part of the A15 is renumbered as the A101)
- All airports in Konrad are removed (we wouldn't like planes colliding with buildings, do we?)
- Konrad hosts today a worthy Gouvernmental Complex

OK, enough talking, let's show the pictures:

Region view:

Transportation Map (PS'd):

I hope you enjoyed this update!

Best,
Maarten

darraghf

That is one amazing update. Congrats on the OSITM. In picture 19, you sure have a hell of a lot of plaoma towers!
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

MandelSoft

UDI Sight-seeing Tour through Konrad

Hurray! The second UDI movie is here! It's a tour through Konrad. The video is splitted into two parts (sorry guys, but YouTube didn't accept video's longer than 10 minutes)

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/v/5BlkIiyxUqU

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/v/Z60RrsnjpDA

Best,
Maarten

sebes

You did keep up your promisses mayor Maarten. Excellent updates, both the pictures AND the videos... real good. I bet it has cost you several hours to make this beauty!  The result is something to very pround of my friend.

&apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

bat

Great videos and also wonderful new update there! It looks great! :thumbsup:

jmvl

Excellent update, Maarten! :thumbsup: The Konrad Sight-seeing Tour is so great, I've enjoyed it so much! The Konrad Gouvernmental Complex is so huge, and those buildings look beautiful. Did you BAT them all by yourself? Also, congratulations with your OSITM, you deserve it! &apls

Nexis4Jersey

Maarten , your highways are absolutely stunning and your cities look amazing  &apls

Sciurus

Very beautiful &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

MandelSoft

Teaser Time!

There's a lot changed in the country since I showed the last Areal View. So here you have the latest Areal View of Imaginia, complete with 62 town/citynames, 5 areanames, 5 rivers, 2 lakes and the sea:

Happy Easter!
Maarten

bat

What a great region overview! Wonderful work on Imaginia!
And Happy Easter to you, too! ;)

Sciurus

Nice overview ;)

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

MandelSoft

Oh, I forgot to notice: I've posted this MD in the new City Journal section on ST.
The CJ is called Imaginia 2.0[linkie]. You can look at my very first posts and comments of me looking back at my old cities.

Best,
Maarten