• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Maarten's Regions (Imaginia and Schellingen Stadt)

Started by MandelSoft, May 18, 2008, 11:14:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheep49

Congratulations on 100 posts! Welcome to BEST SELLERS!

And great work on the seaport! Great general mix of normal industrials, as well as typical seaport ones, is just unbelievably gorgeus! :o :thumbsup: Great use of JRJ's walls too!

Thanks for your attention! :)
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

bluesinjid

Ill like to congratulate u on reaching the best sellers! &apls &apls
Also i really like ur hand terraformed seaport!

Simpson

This is looking very good
And also congratulation for 100 posts
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

MandelSoft

Replies

Quote from: caspervg on October 29, 2008, 01:04:38 PM
That's one great harbour, Maarten. Not to mention that is a great leap forward for Sebeshaber from the pathetic Maxis to a nice custom-build port. Good work, and good luck on making it to the Best Sellers  :thumbsup:
Thanks, Casper!

Quote from: metarvo on October 29, 2008, 03:23:47 PM
This is a fine port, Maarten. :thumbsup:  After seeing all of the masterfully detailed ports on SC4D, I don't believe I can live with the default Maxis port anymore. :)
Me neither! That's why I replaced it!

Quote from: sim-al2 on October 29, 2008, 07:08:23 PM
Great port!  :thumbsup: Did you remember to nuke the old port?  &hlp
Yep, 'tis gone!

Quote from: bat on October 30, 2008, 09:37:58 AM
Really good looking port there! And nice work on it... :thumbsup:
Thanks!

Quote from: threestooges on October 31, 2008, 11:45:47 PM
Very nice work with the port mrtnrln. It's certainly an improvement and very realistic. I also like the transport systems from the last update. They have a very nice way of blending with the surrounding areas. The little town along the canal looked pretty neat too. It looks like you're making your way to Best Sellers. I know you still have a few posts to go, but congratulations on it in advance.
-Matt
Thanks!

Quote from: Haljackey on November 01, 2008, 09:07:53 AM
What a difference replacing Maxis is!  Excellent job Maarten!

Well, it took me some time, but it's worth it! Thanks!

Quote from: paroch on November 01, 2008, 11:02:45 AM
Well you are getting very close to the magic 100!!  Imaginia deserves to be a BEST SELLER - so let me give you an early congratulations as you'll be there soon.

Sorry I guessed so many of your town names incorrectly!!  Hehehe, at least it was fun trying!

I really liked the last two updates.  Your town of Shosaloza looks really good - I like it.  Picture 7 - that is a great overpass - I'll have to try and build something similar!

And your port is also very nicely put together.

All the best

Paul
Well, it's not that difficult to build, you just need the right techniques  ;). Anyway, Thanks!

Quote from: Pat on November 01, 2008, 02:20:11 PM
great updates here Marteen!!!  :thumbsup:
Thanks! (and it is Maarten, not Marteen!)

Quote from: Mulefisk on November 01, 2008, 02:33:49 PM
Looks great so far! Keep posting updates.  :thumbsup:
Well it has been a while since I posted one, so I post one today ;D

Quote from: Sheep49 on November 01, 2008, 02:41:11 PM
Congratulations on 100 posts! Welcome to BEST SELLERS!

And great work on the seaport! Great general mix of normal industrials, as well as typical seaport ones, is just unbelievably gorgeus! :o :thumbsup: Great use of JRJ's walls too!

Thanks for your attention! :)
Piotr
Replier #100! Still haven't decided about your prize... Thanks anyway!

Quote from: bluesinjid on November 01, 2008, 08:18:35 PM
Ill like to congratulate u on reaching the best sellers! &apls &apls
Also i really like ur hand terraformed seaport!
Thanks!

Quote from: Simpson on November 05, 2008, 12:22:10 AM
This is looking very good
And also congratulation for 100 posts
Thanks!

Thank you all for bringing Imaginia into the Best Sellers! I haven't updated my MD for a while, so today there's one:

Gromsk
A small town gets a transit makeover!

Well, it has been a while since I played this town, so it's time to make a transit makeover! (Note: these pics are from three weeks ago).

1. Here's a mosaic of things that were in the town before I started the makeover. You see my first version of the Imaginian signs (today I've version 3).

Now let's see how the town looks after the makeover:

2. The crossing is replaced by a roundabout and the ridiculously big signs are replaced by smaller ones.

3. The southern highway A14 has got new signs and all over the town, trees are planted.

4. This was first a pathetic interchange between the A6 and the A14, but the standard Maxis T-interchange looked better than a NAM overpass Y-interchange. There's also a curve added at the right.

5. More sign upgrades.

6. And last but certainly not least: the center avenue N14 is replaced by a RHW A14.

I hope you enjoyed this update!

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

paroch

Hey Maarten,

Nice work on the makeover there.  Your signs really do make a big difference.  I like the commercial district - it looks realistic to me.

Paul

art128

really great update Maarten, this town is looking splendid my friend  &apls I think with some street that will be better  ;) and there's some unemployment problem  ;D the mix of RHW and maxis highway is great my friend  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Your pictures are looking really nice there!
Great work on it! Nice work on the highway, too...

Haljackey

That's a nice smooth bend in the last image. 

I'm still getting used to your highway textures Maarten, but they are looking good in this update!  Well done!

Best,
-Haljackey

Patricius Maximus

Very nice. I like the transit makeover.

Nexis4Jersey

Nice transit , i like the RHW to Maxis Hwy transfer very cool &hlp

sebes

Quote from: sebes on October 24, 2008, 06:51:00 AM
Ik beloof beterschap...
(I promise to behave better in future)
And to my big shame I have to admit that today, 23dec, is the first time I visit here again. And that while you made this fantastic update on October 27th... that I just read today, on Sebesharber. I feel honoured with that update, and am soo sorry that I did not see it before. Hope the name of the next update Gromsk had nothing to do with my lack of presence?

Anyway, the harbour upgrade is terrific - good job! I am glad my name is linked with that piece of infrastructural revolution! Also the Gromsk crossing/intersection upgrade shows your great skills.... so a double applause deserved: make it a triple for reaching the bestseller section!  &apls &apls &apls

Oh - and for the fun of it: I throw in an award too!  &dance

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Simpson

Fantastic update here  &apls, Incredible RHW
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

MandelSoft

Replies

Quote from: paroch on November 30, 2008, 07:31:04 AM
Hey Maarten,

Nice work on the makeover there.  Your signs really do make a big difference.  I like the commercial district - it looks realistic to me.

Paul
Thanks. You see that some details can make the difference between bad, good and better  ;)

Quote from: art128 on November 30, 2008, 07:37:21 AM
really great update Maarten, this town is looking splendid my friend  &apls I think with some street that will be better  ;) and there's some unemployment problem  ;D the mix of RHW and maxis highway is great my friend  :thumbsup:
Thanks!

Quote from: bat on December 01, 2008, 03:33:30 AM
Your pictures are looking really nice there!
Great work on it! Nice work on the highway, too...
Thanks!

Quote from: flyinbird93 on December 01, 2008, 10:45:51 AM
looking good!  i always enjoy looking at peoples use of highways :)
Yep, Highways are my specialty  ;D

Quote from: Haljackey on December 01, 2008, 08:45:08 PM
That's a nice smooth bend in the last image. 

I'm still getting used to your highway textures Maarten, but they are looking good in this update!  Well done!

Best,
-Haljackey
Get use to it, you'll see it a lot of more times  ;)

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on December 12, 2008, 11:21:59 AM
Very nice. I like the transit makeover.
Thanks!

Quote from: Nexis on December 12, 2008, 12:34:50 PM
Nice transit , i like the RHW to Maxis Hwy transfer very cool &hlp
It did take a while before I got the right model for that, but sure that effort pays off!

Quote from: sebes on December 23, 2008, 12:59:27 PM
And to my big shame I have to admit that today, 23dec, is the first time I visit here again. And that while you made this fantastic update on October 27th... that I just read today, on Sebesharber. I feel honoured with that update, and am soo sorry that I did not see it before. Hope the name of the next update Gromsk had nothing to do with my lack of presence?

Anyway, the harbour upgrade is terrific - good job! I am glad my name is linked with that piece of infrastructural revolution! Also the Gromsk crossing/intersection upgrade shows your great skills.... so a double applause deserved: make it a triple for reaching the bestseller section!  &apls &apls &apls

Oh - and for the fun of it: I throw in an award too!  &dance

I'm not angry at you of your absence, but I'm glad that you're here again  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Simpson on December 24, 2008, 02:10:14 AM
Fantastic update here  &apls, Incredible RHW
Thanks!

Well, it has been a month since the last update, so on Christmas Eve here's the next update:

Frankenheim & RHW Showcase

About Frankenheim
The name Frankenheim is a placename that a friend of mine thought up. I liked that name, so I named one of the places in Imaginia after it (and the mayor after him). Frankenheim is a small city (30,000 inhabitants) near the border of Imaginia. Because of that, Frankenheim is the only place in Imaginia where the people speak native German. It's one of the main connections to the Bundesrepublik Schellingen.

About Frankenheims RHW-system
This is the first place where I tested out the RHW 3.0. I had much fun when I made the whole traffic layout. I had a whole traffic layout before I had überhaupt one buiding in Frankenheim! You'll see what I created with the new RHW here below.

Becaus one picture says more than a thousand words: the Pictures of Frankenheim

1 Region view

2 Transport view - Hey, do you see the RHW showing up (strange...)?

Get ready for some serious RHW 3.0 action! (yes I know there's no traffic on the pics, but that will come!)

Hope you enjoyed this update!

Best,
Maarten

Nexis4Jersey

Omg , My eyes are bleeding from RHW Update  :'( :'(  It looks so beautiful  :-\ :-[  great job on RHW testing , and i really like Frankenheim  :thumbsup: &apls

Merry Christmas to you & Have a Happy New Year

sebes

^^^ I agree with that ^^^
The RHW pictures are realy awesome. Also Frankenheim is a nice little place... the name of the exits are very Schellingerisch (?)

Well done Maarten.

Prettige Kerstdagen nog  ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

bat

Fantastic work there with the RHW! Wonderful pictures of your region! It looks beautiful!
Nice update! :thumbsup:

MandelSoft

No replies this time.

I've learned four things today:

1. There's a Blue Screen Of Death in Windows Vista.
2. Never thought that Windows Movie Maker could crash your computer ten times or so  %bur2$.
3. The problem solver-thingy in Vista says that you're not connected to the internet, even when you do  ()what()
4. Patience is a blessing when you are uploading a video on YouTube.

The First Video! A1 in UDI mode

Well, here it is: the first video in this MD. I've worked hard on it (with numerous annoying crashes  :angrymore: ) I'm driving along the A1 from North to South. Enjoy the video!

http://www.youtube.com/v/5ODYliUKDJw
If the embedded video box doesn't work, try the Direct Link

Best,
Maarten

Pat

Hey Maarten Loved the previouse update and I cant wait to see the movie and I will for sure check back later!!! Ohhh Hey btw check out the ITC private section for some new goodies!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Great update from last month, i like the new highways and signs you made! Can't wait to ee the video!
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....