• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Transit problems - Capacity, Inside <==> outside, Transit Switch Cost...

Started by OnionStrider, May 05, 2008, 11:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OnionStrider

Hello, I just downloaded some transport utilities, but found out that a lot of them are not made properly.  I am trying to modify the lots with SC4 Tool to suite my purpose of playing.  To make sure I am editing it correctly, I have a few questions and hope you can help me out.
1.  Does the capacity of the avenue/highway/rural highway means for one tile? or two tile?

2. What do "inside to outside" and "outside to inside" mean?  My guess is that it changes the traffic types outside the lot to the traffic types which used to travel inside the lots and vice versa.

3.  If my guess above is correct, what speed does each traffic types use to travel inside the lots?  Or is it only depends on the Transit Switch Cost regardless of the traffic types.

4. If a transit station contains subway,  is the size of the lot underground for connecting to the subway 1x1? or is the the same size as the lot?

5. I found out that the original subway station maxis created has the no subway <==> subway transit entry points, does that mean that if I lay a subway line through the station,  it forces all the passenger to get out of the subway and go into the station and get on the subway again?  I guess it doesn't create a problem, but it just seems weird to me.  Will there be any problem if I add subway <==> subway transit entry points into a transit stations that contains subway?

6. I found out that the parking lot only has the outside to inside  Car ==> Ped transit entry point but no Ped ==> Car transit entry point.  Is such transit building useful? Because it seems to be that such station will only be used in either morning traffic or night traffic, but never both.  Is there any harm to add Ped ==> Car transit entry point in the lot?

7. How to add park effect in a transit lot?  If anyone can give me a quick guide, or a link to tutorial, I would really appreciate it.

8. Is there anyway to modify the stats of the original maxis station? or to delete them?

Thank you very much for your help

xxdita

Hmmm... I'm sure someone will be along with better answers, but here's what I know

Pretty much all Maxis Transit is poorly modded.
1) Capacity is per tile, no matter what type of network is used. So an Avenue would in fact have double this base number.
2) Pretty much as you guessed. Outside to Inside and Inside to Outside changes the type of travel used.
3) There isn't a set speed in the traffic simulator anything but networks, so I'm thinking only the Traffic Switch Cost would matter here.
4) 1x1.
5 & 6) Shouldn't create a problem. Only way to find out is to test it though. May actually help things along.
7) The simplest way would be to use LE Prop to add park effects.
8) Using iLive's Reader, you can copy over any exemplar from simcity_1.dat into a blank.dat, make your changes then save as a new file in your plugins. This will load after the Maxis files, so (at least in most cases) will replace Maxis.

RippleJet

Quote from: OnionStrider on May 05, 2008, 11:00:24 PM
4. If a transit station contains subway,  is the size of the lot underground for connecting to the subway 1x1? or is the the same size as the lot?

The block that supposedly represents the subway station is 1x1, and appears in the center of the lot, or in the northwest corner of the center if the lot width and depth are an even number of tiles.

However, the inside of the lot for the transit switch is actually the whole lot.
Thus, if you're making a subway station that's 5x5 tiles large, you would not have to drag your subway lines through the tile in the center.
Dragging the subway lines anywhere under the 5x5 lot is enough for the subway to be "inside" and connect to the station.

In other words, a huge 5x5 subway hub can have 5 parallel lines in the north-south direction,
and 5 parallel lines in the east-west direction, all intersecting at the station.