• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

JENX vs LBT issue?

Started by SC4BOY, May 03, 2008, 11:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SC4BOY

I recently installed a set of JENX Paris items that I have had downloaded for some time, but not installed. When I saw that set of NEW Jenx items released on the LEX, I decided to put the full set in. I put all the OLD items in, then ran the CLEANITOL file with backup, then put in the new PARIS 1 & 2 diags and the JENX props files. This all went smoothly and with no problems.

I have not really tested the files in any way, and have no reason to believe there are any problems. HOWEVER I was a bit surprized that when I ran DATPACKER I found that it reported all items in LBT Prop Pack 2.dat had been "superseed". This would suggest that that the two may have some label or duplication problem. Is anything known about this?

Sorry if this is not the proper place to post this.. if so feel free to move it. Also, if any questions need to be answered to get more information, feel free to ask. I'll check into whatever is needed.

Thanks

Diggis

What version of datpacker are you running?

SC4BOY

Quote from: Diggis on May 04, 2008, 01:00:02 AM
What version of datpacker are you running?

8c .. dunno why that would much matter.. :) .. they all have worked pretty much the same for me.. but anyways that's the one..

Diggis

Quote from: SC4BOY on May 04, 2008, 01:30:36 AM
8c .. dunno why that would much matter.. :)

Because I know something that you don't. I'm not in the habit of asking unnecessary questions.  :P

OK, that's the aniversary eddition, and there were some problems reported with it and it was pulled.  The V6 version is the current upload and is available here (link)

SC4BOY

I've also read the v6 vs v8 threads.. in the fashion I use them they are totally equivalent.. it would not change the item above .. if I get some time, I'll load and run it just to illustrate it.. but before I didn't have the symptom above and after the noted events I did .. and I didn't change packer versions..

The "problems" were related to very specific issues as I recall (tho my memory isn't perfect by any means) and none of the issues applied to my use.. if you have a "nugget" of special knowledge, lay it on me.. :) .. and do you have any reason to believe the above very specific behaviour is related to the versions?

DFire870

I had problems before with certain items being "superseeded", and it turned out that I needed to separate my dependencies folder into several folder to keep their file size down, so you might want to try that with however you organize your folder.

And you might as well install the older version since the anniversary edition isn't supported anymore. ;)

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

wouanagaine

If I recall correctly, the problem with the anniversary version is that it not parsing the files in the correct order, and also produce wrong behavior in game

The first may be related to your problem if and only if LBT Prop Pack 2.dat is a mega pack of previously released props

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

SC4BOY

haha.. ok, sounds like I should at least check it out.. if all the above warnings are true, it MAY be a good idea to remove the "NEW VERSION AVAILABLE" big fat letters and link to the "ANNIVERSARY EDITION" download.. ;) which is prominent on the very dl link you sent me to..

If anything, the reverse should be true.. the Anniversary Edition should be prominently labeled "OBSOLETE" or *unsupported* or whatever, and a link to the earlier version should be provided.. or maybe even remove it entirely..

EDIT: Ok, I put in the v6 DatPacker.. however I can't say whether it resolved the issue or not since that version apparently no longer reports the "superseed" files.. I know this because I have a few files that I KNOW are duplicated for perfectly legit reasons .. for example the JMyers banana truck and the BSC parks textures option..

I suppose the message MAY have *FLASHED* up briefly as I didn't have my eyes on the screen every second, but the message isn't queued in the bottom window as it has been in all versions I've used before.. I even had it print out the MONSTER  near 400K .csv report file (waaay too much info and still no "superseed" message :) )

*SIGH*