• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Help in creating Ped Mall Tiles

Started by Pat, April 27, 2008, 10:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

I'm trying to create Ped mall tiles and I want to have them functional and compatible with NAM but I'm totally clueless in how or where to start in the modding process...  I at first thought of TE'ing these but then I remember that TE lots can't be placed next to each other so there went that idea lol... So here I am, wanting to do this the right way... Anyways here are at least the pics of the lots I want to convert, as of right now they are parks...

I know once I can get the basics down pat, I then can finish off my project here...  So any and all help would be appreciated...

Thanks Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Diggis

Ummm you may have just picked one of the hardest, and least do-able things in the enitre SC4 Community.  The number of people who know how to create puzzle pieces can be counted on the fingers of one foot.

And given that the NAM team are trying to stear away from puzzle pieces due to the crashes.

We are however planning on adding them into the SAM as a draggable option.  Most of what you want can be added via T21's so we might be able to work something there.

Pat

Oii blah go figure my luck, here I was thinking this would be rather easy and well I guess not lol......  Thank you though Diggis and I would though like to see how that would turn out...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

CasperVg

The availble 1x1 PedMall tiles aren't that hard to modify tho. A small experiment I did with modifying T21s of one of them,
(Click here). It is functional but looks a tad repetitive...
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Pat

that aint bad at all there Casper, how did you pull it off is my next question?

Diggis

Without having looked at caspers work  &ops  I would guess that he did it through T21s. Check out swamper's tutorial in the tutorial section.

Pat

JoeST

He did say in his post that he used T21's :p
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

wes.janson

I don't want to start a new topic and my question refers to this topic.

I've been able (through Swamper77's t21 tutorial) to modify the centre_pole pedmall to have a lamp of my own choosing. Now.. being a bit of a noob, I have only been able to modify the t21's for this particular pedmall. What I would look to do is change various other pedmall tiles to have the same base texture as the centre_pole and then play around with the t21's. I cannot even find the exempler files needed to add t21s to the other pedmalls, much less have any clue how to change the texture.

Is this possible. If so.. can anybody give me any tips.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

Andreas

Adding T21's to the other pedmalls is relatively easy. Open the "NetworkAddonMod5.dat" with the Reader and find the T21 exemplar file for the puzzle piece with the streetlight (it should be the very first one). Then simply duplicate it (right click -> copy file/paste file) and change the instance ID to the instance ID of the next pedmall puzzle piece (they are labeled "...Highway...", because the Maxis highway onramps are the base for any ploppable network tiles) that you want to equip with props. You also have to change the ID of the "Exemplar ID" and "kPropertyID_LotConfigNetworkTileId" properties to that ID.

You can also create more than one T21 per network tile (puzzle piece), for those you need to increment the instance ID of the T21 exemplar file and the "Exemplar ID" property, but keep the ID in the "kPropertyID_LotConfigNetworkTileId" property, since this is the reference to the actual network tile. More than one T21 exemplar file will mean that they are either randomly chosen, or you can set them up based on the adjacent zones and wealth levels (with differences in the "LotConfigPropertyZoneTypes" and "LotConfigPropertyWealthTypes" properties).

Adding more pedmall puzzle pieces requires advanced knowledge in network modding, so I don't recommend to toy with that yet. What you could do is simply using the same texture (or model, actually, since the textures are flat models that are textured) for all available pedmall pieces. This can be done by modifying the "Resource Key Type 3" property in the pedmall exemplar files - simply use the same ID set than in the first puzzle piece (0x5AD0E817,0xBADB57F1,0x55267100,0x55267101,0x55267102,0x55267103,0x55267104). Don't forget to make a backup of the "NetworkAddonMod5.dat", then you can go back if something goes wrong.
Andreas

wes.janson

Awesome! And thank you for the quick response

Edit: Another quick question... can I have more than one prop on a pedmall? I think it is unlikely.. but I have been proven wrong before.

Edit #2: Never mind.. I am an idiot and forgot to copy one of the LotConfigPropertyObject properties. Once again Andreas.. thank you for you help.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!