• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Request - Paraglider/whatever it is removal mod

Started by Glenni, April 16, 2008, 07:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenni

As you may know.. i know somewhat how to get arround at BATting.. but when it comes to modding, i am a total idiot. Therefore i make this request:

Paragliders/whatever are very annoying and often get in the way when i am about to take pictures, and seem to appear where there's parks or something arround that, if someone could please make a mod to release it, it would be very handy, not only do these things look fugly as heck, they are also quite unrealistic in city settings.

Since when did paragliders fly about each time your local homecity or hometown made some new parkgrounds, anyway?

Andreas

As far as I know, they are spawned by the marina. I suppose you could edit the marina lot and remove the paraglider effect prop to get rid of them.
Andreas

RippleJet

It's equally easy to edit the effect prop (IID 0x2CA90000) so that it won't be functional.
That would also stop any paragliders from appearing near custom lots using the same effect prop, which otherwise is used only in Maxis' Marina.

In order to disable an effect prop, the only thing needed is to clear the property Visual effect name.

Contained in the zip file that is attached to this post is RJ - Block Maxis Hangglider 1.0.dat.
Place it in your plugins folder, and you won't see any paragliders anymore! ;)

EDIT:
This mod is now available on the LEX instead:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1602

callagrafx

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

RippleJet

Quote from: callagrafx on April 16, 2008, 04:06:27 PM
You should release it to the LEX  :thumbsup:

Yeah, I guess I should. :)

It's just that these small mods I sometimes make upon a request are so small and insignificant (IMHO)... ::)
The size of the file is 283 bytes and it took less than a minute to create it... :P

Swamper77

Quote from: RippleJet on April 16, 2008, 04:03:12 PM
In order to disable an effect prop, the only thing needed is to clear the property Visual effect name.

That's not the only way. Add other characters (such as #) in front of the effect's name, and you will get the same result (Hint: Why don't the Maxis skyscraper rooftop helipads have helicopters on them?)

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

RippleJet

Quote from: Swamper77 on April 16, 2008, 05:42:59 PMThat's not the only way. Add other characters (such as #) in front of the effect's name, and you will get the same result (Hint: Why don't the Maxis skyscraper rooftop helipads have helicopters on them?)

Holy Maloney, Jan! &dance
I didn't know that was the reason the helicopter takeoff effect wasn't working.

The helicopter takeoff effect is present on two Maxis lots,
CO§§§6_2x4 (CO§§§7_2x4 in CAM) with a building family containing two buildings;
Ajjangadde Inc. (EuroHouston) and Vu Vlue Blue Denim Headquarters (HoustonEuro).
The latter is the one having the helipad on the roof.

I removed the # from the Visual Effect Name of it and had to test it in game.
The picture below shows two helicopters that have just taken off from the rooftops of two Ajjangadde towers:

Now, this gives me ideas for SimGoober's Heliport... ::)

If anybody else wants to test the helicopter effect, the modified, enabled effect is attached. :)
Just place it in your plugins folder.

callagrafx

Quote from: RippleJet on April 16, 2008, 04:10:55 PM
Yeah, I guess I should. :)

It's just that these small mods I sometimes make upon a request are so small and insignificant (IMHO)... ::)
The size of the file is 283 bytes and it took less than a minute to create it... :P

Bigger is not neccessarily better (but don't tell my missus that  :D).  It's that there are so many more members who joined LEX than the forums that would benefit from this and other little tricks you can do.  Maybe a MODs section can be created (or a link that filters the MODs) where these little gems can reside...
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Andreas

Quote from: Swamper77 on April 16, 2008, 05:42:59 PM
(Hint: Why don't the Maxis skyscraper rooftop helipads have helicopters on them?)

Heh, so this is a bug that Maxis never fixed? Back in 2004, someone discovered a helipad on one of the SC4 buildings, and we wondered why there wasn't a helicopter starting from it, like it used to be with the hospital etc.

BTW, RippleJet, you mixed up the building styles, and mistyped one of the names. ;)
Andreas

RippleJet

Quote from: Andreas on April 17, 2008, 02:55:46 AM
BTW, RippleJet, you mixed up the building styles, and mistyped one of the names. ;)

So I did! :D
This was the first thing I did this morning... :P
I barely got any coffee before it and my brains weren't working at full capacity... ::)

callagrafx

Quote from: RippleJet on April 17, 2008, 06:19:39 AM
I barely got any coffee before it and my brains weren't working at full capacity... ::)

Hey, how come you get to have more than one?   S'not fair :D :D

RippleJet

Quote from: callagrafx on April 17, 2008, 06:56:22 AM
Hey, how come you get to have more than one?   S'not fair :D :D

In the morning I've got three of them, before they start cooperating:

• The lobes of the forebrain usually starts the day disfunctional with a headache.
    Before trying to communicate with the forebrain, this headache has to be cured with coffee...

• The limbic midbrain is the one waking up first.
    This is due to the stimulus from the spinal cord, which inevitably starts moving before the brain.
    Trying to mod something using this emotional brain is like diplomatically trying to solve the Middle East crisis.

• The hindbrain doesn't even notice the body has come out of bed. 
    This little brain continues to sleep till it's time to hit the road.
    Balance and coordination isn't needed as long as you're moving between the bedroom, kitchen and bathroom.

rooker1

You are too funny Tage.    :D
But that sounds just about right for me as well.  ;)

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

RippleJet

Following the request of callagrafx, the mod blocking the hang gliders is now available on the LEX:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1602

The helicopters taking off will be enabled in another, larger, upcoming mod... ::)