• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Lars' MD - Featuring the Zollernmark - First 2009 Update

Started by praiodan, February 09, 2007, 02:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

@ thundercrack83
Thanks for you comment! See you next update hopefully  Smiley

You can count on it, my friend!

Rayden

&apls Very nice  &apls I loved everything, special that beautiful park on pictures 7 and 8. That architecture it's not my kind of favourite, but you made it look fantastic. Keep up this great work of yours.

Cheers
Rayden

rooker1

What..........those are very beautiful pictures.  St. Michaelis Square is breath taking.  The city looks very well laid out.  Great start, I can't wait for what is to come.
Call me Robin, please.

jestarr

You've got a great city going. :thumbsup: The avenue - road layout, showcased in the 4th pic, is very clever, especially with the way the plaza is arranged along them.

willisj

Yep, have to agree with the comments so far, very nice job indeed. Your church with the park in front of it is beautifully done! Keep up the good work, I look forward to the next installment.

M4346

That is sexy Praiodan!  ;) I love the plazas, the Euro buildings, and most importantly, that beautiful Cathedral!  :thumbsup:

I see you have Maxis' Buro of Burocracy, did you get it as a reward or did you just plop it? For some reason I have never received it as a reward... I usually cheat to get it.  &ops lol

Anyway, looking really good and looking forward to more!  ;D Great story too!

Regards,

- Marius
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Eddie

WOW! Very Europy (hehe)! Great use of porkie's trees, and I love the symmetry in the parks/plazas. Captivating storyline, too. I wonder what the newspaper holds...

petercintn

I too, await the telling of this story.  As David said, a gem indeed!
Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!

sebes

Quote from: praiodan on February 09, 2007, 03:09:45 PM
If they just knew..., he sighed,

I can't wait to find out  ;)

Nice story - nice pictures - this could be start of a great MD-soap?
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

FromTheAshes

Geile Stadt Pra!!!  &apls
Visit Vorsfelde.

Naryanna

Beautiful pictures, sweet looking town and a good story. I like it very much and cant wait to see more.  &apls

BTW. What is that great looking red church? I dont remeber seeing it before. :o

kimcar

&apls  Lovely park you done and the layout of the church too is very well done. Great pics.  :thumbsup:

Heinz

the last post before this one says March 8. i hope you have not abandoned such a great start, story wise and city content wise. i honestly had to take a deep breath when i scrolled down to see the cathedral. wow. hope you continue the story and development

jmyers2043

Hi Lars. You have done a very nice job of the plaza's. You have captured the scene and feel of a cold fall day. The pictures are very enjoyable to look at.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Emperor Stormont

Lars fantastic work so far, great European feel to the city, and the public spaces are stunning.

Looking forward to seeing your future updates.

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

praiodan

Thank you for all your encouragement. I finally came around to answer your comments and I wanted to let you know, that an update isn't far away. Though, I must admit, it won't continue the story (I'm sorry, but it's pretty tough to write it) but I'll give you some major information about the city, the region and country the story is set (I recognize I should have done this first probably)...

@ Antoine, Air6, thundercrack83, rooker1, willisj, petercintn, kimcar, belfastuniguy

Thanks!

@ Yoder7652
I don't want this to happen as well, though, it's really time to update here!

@ Cali
Yep. Gotta thank Shadow Assasin for the street mod and Porkissimo for the great seasonal trees. :thumbsup:

@ Rayden
Thanks. I think I'm addicted to W2W stuff somehow. Can hardly build a city without any smaller historical blocks.  :D

@ jestarr
Thanks... I put much time into the layout of the streets and plazas.

@ Marius
Thanks Marius. I got the BoB after playing some time as reward. It's strange that several people report they can't unlock it, it always works for me without problems... strange  ()what()

@ Eddie
We'll see what it holds *tries to make it a mystery*  :P

@ sebes
You really want to know? Sorry, you have to wait until I complete the next part of the story $%Grinno$%

@ FromTheAshes
Schankedoen  ;)

@ Naryanna
Thanks... That's St. John's Church.

@ Heinz
No, of course this isn't abandoned. Just had to take a break from playing SC and other things due to heavy RL stuff... Thanks for popping in!

@ jmyers2043
Thanks! Good to hear I kind of reached one aim with setting the mood  :)

So... stay tuned... the next update is near... And let's hope that I don't need so much time for the update after this  $%Grinno$%

Heinz

welcome back! hope everything else is ok with RL. VIVA LE SC4!  :P

praiodan

As promised, the information update...

2. The Zollernmark

(click to enlarge)

The Zollernmark is a small independent kingdom consisting of a bunch of small islands, located in the German North Sea Bight. Of the approx. 470,000 Sims living there, 300,000 of them live in the capital which is Friedrichstadt. Other major cities are Harrisbourg, Hijchtensen and Smörretho.
Friedrich-Arnold III. is the officiating (absolutistic) King who resides in the Arnoldsburg Palace, south-east of the inner city of Friedrichstadt.

Talking of Friedrichstadt... you've already seen a few close-ups from north-western parts of the city while Mirco headed for St. Michaelis Cathedrale... here's a bit more...

Compared to other capital cities in Europe, Friedrichstadt is a pretty young one as founded in 1571. But today it is as busy as any other.
Due to heavy subventions in the last 20 years the city and the whole kingdom was seized by a big economic recovery, which caused highrises to pop up. The district Neejen Felde holds most of them.

Today the economy is a pretty healthy one which can be traced to the prospering industry around the harbour.

All that caused the suburbs to sprawl, today they cover big parts of Zollernland, the island Friedrichstadt is built on. Because of this, the municipal authorities established a toll charge for everyone who wants to enter the inner city coming from the suburbs.

But please don't think the Zollernmark is nothing else but Friedrichstadt!

Harrisbourg, with 70,000 inhabitants the second largest city, is located north of Friedrichstadt and is apart from a few smaller farms near Smörretho the only community in the Zollernmark, that still depends on agriculture...

Smörretho is the smallest of the 4 big cities of the kingdom counting 42,000 Sims. It's famous for the so called Seeschloss (Sea palace).

I'd like to show you Hijchtensen as well, but it's still undergoing major developement... so just a sneak peak  ;)

That's it for today I think... %%Order?/

Yoder7652

wow pariodan...that looks most impressive. I particularly like pic 13 and the last one! The palace complex is huge...I like that the radcliff camera is up on the hill with the walkway going to it...very cool!

Emperor Stormont

That is simply fabulous, I love this style of city building and try to do things very much like what you have.

I hope you don't mind if I use one or two design ideas, stunning. &apls

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008