• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Lars' MD - Featuring the Zollernmark - First 2009 Update

Started by praiodan, February 09, 2007, 02:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheep49

Great teaser. Nice use of custom lots there :thumbsup:

BTW, I didn't even know you've had the MD. ???

Anyways, can't wait for an update! ;D
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

CabraBuitre

Way to come back with a BANG Lars!  Looking forward to seeing what else you have to show us!!

Check out Abelfarei!

MandelSoft

Welcome back, Lars! And a lovely teaser.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

praiodan

Wow, thanks a lot for the many replies, kind words and wb-wishes everyone! If you're already leaving 14 comments on one teaser, I'm anxious to see how many there'll be on a real update   $%Grinno$%

Quote from: Sheep49 on October 01, 2008, 08:32:48 AMBTW, I didn't even know you've had the MD. ???
Well my dear Piotr, how should you? I mean this thread has been in an abyss for more than two years. So there'd only be two real possibilities how could have known it already: You saw it when it was active in first place (which is rather unlikely, refering to your registration date; otherwise you must have been lurking around SC4D for more than two years  :D) or you combed through the MD Archives  :P

Ok, so here comes the first update on Lowangen...

3. Lowangen - Mierendorf
Before I show you around the center of Lowangen (where also the Königsburger Tor is to be found), I wanted to start with one of the western districts of the city, which is Mierendorf.

Mierendorf station. One of the most important stations of Lowangen, right behind the Central Station and the Ostbahnhof.

Just behind the station the main motorway's exit of Mierendorf is to be found.

Some holding tracks to be seen, as there's a lot of industry around.

Nataliealienallee and the tramline 4 tunneling the railroad heading towards Ipfsburg.

As (former) working class district, Mierendorf is still very densly populated.

The Mierenbergstadion ontop of the Mierenberg hill, home site of the LVfB Mierenberg and temple of football tradition in Lowangen.

That office building of harlemmergolds' just grew perfectly, didn't it?  :)

Simpson

Wow very nice update
Your city looks very good and very réalistic. I love all the diagonals  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

EDGE4194

Lars- great update  :thumbsup: I love the diagonal streets and the overall density. In pic 6- I never realized how out of scale the Azteca restaurant lot is. Looking forward to the next tour....

Pat

Lar's great update here and I love the little sneeking in of the FARR there!!! your city is breath takinly stunning!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

papab2000

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

thundercrack83

Another smashing update, Lars! I love the picture with the diagonals, especially. Great stuff!

Two questions (well, one question about two things): Where can I find the 1) train station in your first picture, and 2) the mod you've used on the Maxis highways? I had the highway mod before, but I can't seem to place it! Any help would be very much appreciated!

Keep up the good work!

Dustin

Earth quake

Quote from: thundercrack83 on October 04, 2008, 12:01:38 AM
Another smashing update, Lars! I love the picture with the diagonals, especially. Great stuff!

Maxis highways? I had the highway mod before, but I can't seem to place it! Any help would be very much appreciated!

Dustin, http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=13705,You speak this mod, I remember definitely, the file where is lined up the .DAT must have Z at the beginning
I hope that it will regulate your problem.

Praiodan, your city is simply fantastic, congrulation.
Go on your excellent work.  :thumbsup:

art128

awesome update Lars &apls  :thumbsup:
Dustin,
It's the Perry station on simtropolis  :thumbsup:
by Jasoncw
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=19328
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sciurus

It's very beautiful! :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

rooker1

Fantastic update. 
I love that you have made the city using alot of diagonal roads and did a very good job in doing so.  Alot of built up buildings in the area make it look very nice.
I was wondering how much is ploped and how much is grown?
I look forward to what you have for us next.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Your city looks really good there, praiodan!
And the pictures of this great update are wonderful!
Fantastic work on it!!! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to more... ;)

Sheep49

Awesome update! I really love it :thumbsup:

Well, my dear Lars, you're right - I'm not reading all the MDs in the archives. :P So, I didn't know it existed ;)
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

praiodan

Thanks for you compliments everyone  :thumbsup:

@ EDGE4194
Yeah, in fact it's out of scale quite a bit... I like it nevertheless  :P

@ Pat
FARR? Well, all I employed there are the already NAM included curves and some self made lots  $%Grinno$%

@ rooker1
Apart from the diagonals and some functional w2w Lots everything is grown  ()stsfd()

4. Lowangen - This Ol' Hammer

Will you hear me
tellin' my story?
Will you hear me
when I tell you a sad sad story?

A story 'bout a man
who-o-oo
who was workin' very hard,
veeeeeeeeeery hard.

He was workin' day and night.[...]

Well, these are parts of the lyrics of a workers song, that used to be very popular in the beginning of the 20th century, not only in Lowangen, but all over the Zollernmark. So you might guess this is an update dealing with industry and workers in particular, as I already mentioned that Mierendorf can still be mostly characterised by just this. So, no more words, I'll let the images speak for themselves  ;)

A logistics center serving the surrounding industry of the industrial site "Mierendorf - West".

The "Mierendorf - West" industrial site.

Northern part of the mentioned site.

Manufacturing site of AEKI, the best-known zollernian company, world famous for its DIY furniture, in northern Mierendorf.

Tram maintanance workshop, not far away from the AEKI-area. Every tram wagon in Lowangen is checked at least once a week.

The "Große Bäckerei" was the first industrial bakery in the Mark and was established in 1902 and it's occupied.

Enough of plain industry. Here's where still a lot of the workers live:

Apart from countless flats we have the Albert-Tiefhuser-Gymnasium here, named after a famous footballer, who was born just around the corner and played very succesfully for the LVfB Mierenberg, which he never left during his career.

Just some more flats ;-D.

The Stephenszeile in Mierenberg is a showpiece of zollernian housing projects.

Simpson

This is a very good update
I love the first picture  :thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

thundercrack83

Wow, what an update, Lars!

Your industrial areas look just fantastic, my friend! And the mosaic at the end is great with the highway and the sound barriers--great stuff!

You're almost into the Best Sellers, too! I'll be keeping an eye out to make the move for you!

Take care,

Dustin

art128

that's an awesome update my friend  &apls &apls
BTW this is the 99th post  :P
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog