• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Paradise of Walker's Island

Started by urban, February 09, 2007, 06:10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmouse

I can't believe I somehow managed to pass this one up, but so glad I found it.
I'm working on an island paradise as well, but it isn't nearly as lovely as yours.
Oh, and I'll take one of those hilltop estates next paycheck.

Joan

urban

@glepet: Thanks for your comment. I'm using the Marrast-Set LINK

@thundercrack83: Thanks for dropping by, you will see more the next days.

@rooker1: there are even nicer homes, you'll see :P THX for visiting

@emilin: I'm glad you like it, I really enjoy your work as well!

@nova vesfalo: Thanks for visiting,I'll hope I see you again next update.

@Jmouse: I hope, we will see your Islands someday, see you next time.

:)the next update will show the Island, thet can be seen in the right corner on the city view ;)

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

thundercrack83

I'll be waiting eagerly for the next update, my friend! Can't wait to see the Island!

bat

I also looking forward to the next update!

Flipside

This is a quality MD - and unique too. As dedgren mentioned, there aren't many tropical island MDs on here yet.

Keep it up, urban!

urban

@thundercrack, bat: here we go :)
@Flipside: thanks for dropping by, hope to see you again :)

As announced, this update's topic is Undomiel, the island, which can be seen in the left corner of the Taladriel-Overview.

Undomiel is located 16km (10miled) from the main Islands coastline. It is a well-known all winter colony. Parts of the Islands are well known for being a playground for the rich and are frequented by rich residents of South-America besides the residents of Taladriel themselves in the Southern Hemisphere's Winter from May to Octobre. In the Nothern-Hemisphere's Winter most of the residents come from Japan, Russia and the U.S.

Undomiel is often referred to as the "Durewan Antilles Finest Place to live"

The Mansion of the Solis Family; the Solis Family owns about 800.000ares of land in Argentinia. They spend the summers in Uruguay and come to Undomiel in Septembre and leave about May. The house is about 40Million US-$ worth. It has a living space of 10.763 square feet (1000m^2)

This house can be rent every winter for about 25.000$ a week, the last guest were a Oilfactory-Owner from Venezuela, who stayed 2Months. Costs? It's said, that he paid 320.000$ all in all, including service, gas, water and power.

The left house is estimated to be worth around 23Mio.$. It was sold two weeks ago, just being on the market for 23hours. Normally there aren't any houses to be purchased, since they are sold at a private sale.

The house with the tennis court is owned by former President of Brasil Fernando Collor de Mello, who lives in the exil on the Island.

The "Vivelle-House" is one of the biggest houses on the Durewan Antilles. It's living space is said to be more than 45.000square feet. It is owned by the goverment, who uses it as a guest house. 5Months ago a japanese Business magnate offered 100Million $ to buy the house together with the 7hectare ground, but was refused with the explanation "the mansion is not vendible.

That's it for today. I hope you like it, comments are welcome as always :)

Walker's Island

praiodan

Friedrich-Arnold III., King of the Zollernmark kingdom, would certainly love to take a stay at the Vivelle-House during the northern hemisphere's winter to get some sun  :sunny:

So, a great update urban  :thumbsup:

vester

Yeah, I have to second that. Great update.  &apls

nova vesfalo

really great (maybe the last houses aren't that big for the surounding), I really like your tropical feeling you put in your pictures !

Jmouse

Another lovely update as promised. Makes me wish I was rich enough to pay $25,000 a week in rent. Oh well, since I can't, at least I can enjoy the enchanting pictures.
And the beaches are especially stunning. How ever do you get those beautiful white-sand beaches to look so realistic?

mattb325

Wow - Undomiel looks like heaven (if heaven were only for the well heeled). This is a fantastic update - you excel at the wealthy suburban areas. ()stsfd()

thundercrack83

Absolutely beautiful, urban! It looks like a tropical paradise! The sand, the houses, the water, the tennis courts--it's outstanding! Great work, my friend!

bat

Fantastic update! Wonderful tropical island! Beautiful work! :thumbsup:

Snaper

It's fantastic  :thumbsup:

He would believe on holiday  ;)

urban

@praiodan: We are expecting Friedrich-Arnold III., King of the Zollernmark Kingdom for an official visit
                thx for dropping by

@vester: Thanks to you as well, hope I'll see you next Update

@nova vesfalo: I'm glad you like it, yeah the problem is to find houses that are big enough

@Jmouse: There are cheaper places too.  I am using the white beach modd that's all, I can look it up, if you can't find it

@mattb325: Yeah I wanted it to be a little bit Hamptons-like. I also started to build up the poor areas on the Main Island but it is more fun to create those rich places 

@thundercrack83: Hey! Thanks for commenting, I'm glad you like it, it makes a lot of fun if there are people who appreciate it  :)

@Snaper: thanks for dropping by, yeah I want to make the whole region as holiday-like as possible

@all
I'm struggling with some dependencies problems, but I think they are solvable. I recently work on the Nort Coast of the Main Island.  In contrast to the South-Coast there will be Cliffs and Bays while the South-Coast is more like miles and miles of white sandy beach. Oh and I did some Terraforming, so I will show you a regional view soon.

Cya Urban ()testing()

Walker's Island

Jmouse

My goodness, you even decorated your personal replies beautifully! I've had to start over on my island chain as the file somehow became corrupted (terraforming or deleting began causing an instant crash to the desktop.).
Nevertheless, I'm anxiously awaiting another DA update - you're doing an exceptional job on your MD.
Jm

urban

Behind the scenes

@jmouse: Thanks for dropping by, I hope you will be able to work on your Islands so we can see them someday :thumbsup:

Hey everyone,  today is the time to show you some recent work I am doing all over the Island. Most of the Cities aren't finished so I can't show them as a done piece. Today I will expose you aconstruction site on the Island and old pictures of the first developments.
We will start with region views:

That is the old view from March 9th

That is the new view from June 6th

As you can see, I changed the water and the terrain modds more than once.
I deleted some of the cities because I wasn't satisfied with them.
To say it with different words: They were ugly ::)

A work in progress: Emerald Coast

The Emerald Cost is the name of the coast from Montgomery Bay to Mirathriel.
There are white sandy beaches and tropical forests planned
as well as suburbs and vacation resorts.

One village still without a name; I had to plopp some fields
since I'm missing some dependencies and not every field is working.

As you can see, there is still a lot of development indispensable.
Next to the cities the beaches need to be created, so:

how to create a rural, tropical beach

1.Take a beach

2.Plop some trees

3.Plop some more trees

4.Plop palms, more trees, stones and other stuff

5.for the right feeling use the shadows

beach done :)

"Treasure chest"

Ok, here is a little extra for you. The following pictures were taken in the early stage of the Island. The places you're about to see do not longer exists. They had been deleted due to new development.

An old fishing village (the first one I ever built)

The former Undomiel

A very old picture of Taladriel

So, I hoped you liked that little excursion. I will post an "real" Update the next days, presumably about Queen Elizabeth Bay.

cya Urban ()testing()

Walker's Island

rooker1

Great update and very cool little tutorial on the rural beach.  It looks like you have made a lot of progress.  Can't wait to see more pics.  Somy's cruise ship look perfect there.  Great job. &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Snaper

Very nices images ... A little small, but very nice  :P  :thumbsup:

Russell

I have never seen such a lush and enticing place. Excuisite work.  &apls